Alan Pardew

Dave

Not at all, there was genuine reason behind them, just not his fault that we are so brittle we treat the ball like a hot potato when under a little bit of pressure.

Shola Turned out to be completely useless at the only thing he normally does well...

I wouldn't have taken gouffran off, jonas would have gone if I were the manager, but well...

His substitutions were totally shit, Shola didn't become a poor player today against Villa, he's more often than not, shit.  He removed a midfielder for a forward then replaced a forward with a midfielder minutes later, he's clueless and he's wasting a very good set of players.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "There has been a lot of work and effort to get that win. From the players to the chairman to get the new players in. First half we were magnificent, second half the French lads ran out of legs but we hung on.

"We know what we have been missing. Moussa Sissoko was magnificent and he will be a powerful player in the Premier League. The new guys were great but the established players here have played their part and helped them settle in.

"Villa have no problem. They will be safe, they have quality."

Bullshit!! You made that up. ... right?

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "There has been a lot of work and effort to get that win. From the players to the chairman to get the new players in. First half we were magnificent, second half the French lads ran out of legs but we hung on.

"We know what we have been missing. Moussa Sissoko was magnificent and he will be a powerful player in the Premier League. The new guys were great but the established players here have played their part and helped them settle in.

Odd that because Goof and Moussa looked far fitter than Jonas.

Surprised he kept Cabaye on too. He was gone (understandably) after 70 mins.

Credit to Lambert. He really fired his team up, made astute changes, got them believing they could get something from the game and they nearly did. Considering the age of their team too.

If they do go down but keep the core of the players, i think they'll bounce back up and much better side. Can see why he's highly rated.

There's giving credit where it's due, and there's taking it too far. He might end up a good manager, but he left out the two players who would clearly hurt us most and he set up his midfield to be dominated from the off.

Guest bimpy474

Gouffran and Sissoko didn't run out of legs you fucking idiot, Jonas did but yet again he is unsubable.

Fuck me you really are clueless.

penny starting to drop with people just how clueless this cunt is now i see

problem now is this result buys him the spurs and chelsea games in the event the players can't drag us to any points in spite of this man...if pardew's tactics start to bite after those games the new lads might not be able to save us i'm afraid

Our established players did what? :lol:

Reads to me like if we had drawn or lost he had a ready made excuse made up.  French lads ran out of steam?  Fuck off.  It was your garbage mindset and shite subs yet again.

Not at all, there was genuine reason behind them, just not his fault that we are so brittle we treat the ball like a hot potato when under a little bit of pressure.

Shola Turned out to be completely useless at the only thing he normally does well...

I wouldn't have taken gouffran off, jonas would have gone if I were the manager, but well...

:lol:

Evidence (if ever it were needed and frankly, if you think it was, you need to give your head a shake) that our disgusting performances this season are nothing to do with lack of investment and everything to do with the coward in the dugout.

Just cannot get my head around this argument.

What about the first-half then? Would have been interesting viewing without Gouffran and Sissoko on the field.

For the record, I agree that Pardew is pants.

Reads to me like if we had drawn or lost he had a ready made excuse made up.  French lads ran out of steam?  f*** off.  It was your garbage mindset and s**** subs yet again.

I'm sure Beren has made that up.

Guest Dontooner

Reads to me like if we had drawn or lost he had a ready made excuse made up.  French lads ran out of steam?  f*** off.  It was your garbage mindset and s**** subs yet again.

Guest icemanblue

Gouffran and Sissoko didn't run out of legs you fucking idiot, Jonas did but yet again he is unsubable.

Fuck me you really are clueless.

It's fake, like. But go for it.

I can't beleive some of the utter crap spouted on here, so all of a sudden Cabaye, Colo, Taylor, Santon, Anita, Jonas, Cisse all became incapable of playing a pass and were suddenly masters of the converted try attempt.... Jeez!

Villa were playing well and with momentum in the second half, our confidence is shot and we couldn't answer with a passing game (which is what we should have done)... Don't blame it all on Pardiue... there are others responsible aswell!

If it's a legitimate argument that we were just nervous and needed to protect the lead no matter how inadvertently difficult we made it for ourselves, then can we expect to see a more confident, attacking side from this point on, or even any time soon?

Somehow I doubt it. We simply don't do that under this manager.

Credit to Lambert. He really fired his team up, made astute changes, got them believing they could get something from the game and they nearly did. Considering the age of their team too.

If they do go down but keep the core of the players, i think they'll bounce back up and much better side. Can see why he's highly rated.

There's giving credit where it's due, and there's taking it too far. He might end up a good manager, but he left out the two players who would clearly hurt us most and he set up his midfield to be dominated from the off.

First half they were limp, you're right. But the way he changed it, wow. End up a good manager? He IS a good manager. Despite that, i think they could go down. To give everything the way they did and still lose. They'll be shagged next game.

"We played the football Newcastle fans want to see in that first half. They haven't seen that much this year."

With the way that he put a stop to it at half time, this almost reads like an apology for the first half and a staunch defense of the season so far.

About the Shola substitution, it's not like I even dislike him like many on here do. I just can't get my head round the fact how if you're being pinned back and they bring on a wide player you would take off a midfielder and bring on a target man? If we were having trouble containing one flank, wouldn't it make more sense for the midfielders to be on the pitch and close down their threat? What was Shola going to do to make a difference?