Alan Pardew

Dave

No complaints from me tonight.

no complaints about shola? i cant take pardew seriously as long as he keeps using shola.

offers absolutely nothing. Anita would be much better and then stick sissoko on top for example.

this is god knows how many times in row shola gets game time without doing anything. cant run, not even in the box and so on.

Shola's rubbish, but without Gouffran he's the only available striker. Sissoko was playing brilliantly, why move him?

Fuck me, how on earth did this actually happen? :(

Pards:

- Both goals onside.

- Fundamentally wrong decisions.

- Pleased with the performances.

- He's waiting to speak to the Ref who he thought played well but his team didn't.

- Tight game, we'll take the 0-0. Shown enough to take the game to them and get a draw out there.

- The law says the striker should be favoured but tonight that's not even up for debate.

- Deserved to win.

- Great chance at the end which summed up the day for us.

- We'll have to make sure we can get a result out there AND get a result against Southampton on our return.

Pards:

- Both goals onside.

- He's waiting to speak to the Ref who he thought played well but his team didn't.

- Tight game, we'll take the 0-0. Shown enough to take the game to them and get a draw out there.

- The law says the striker should be favoured but tonight that's not even up for debate.

- Deserved to win.

- We'll have to make sure we can get a result out there AND get a result against Southampton on our return.

Cheers for the summary.

Guest palnese

Pards:

- Both goals onside.

- Deserved to win.

:lol: :lol:

Pards:

- Both goals onside.

- Deserved to win.

Cheers for the summary.

:thup:

no complaints about shola? i cant take pardew seriously as long as he keeps using shola.

offers absolutely nothing. Anita would be much better and then stick sissoko on top for example.

this is god knows how many times in row shola gets game time without doing anything. cant run, not even in the box and so on.

Shola's rubbish, but without Gouffran he's the only available striker. Sissoko was playing brilliantly, why move him?

Shola i can understand, as you say he had no options. But playing at home in a tie you want to win and starting Obertan and Jonas in attack positions. I mean, please....

Should have started Marveaux if he was fit. Obertan is player you can bring on if you score to help counter attacks - well help get the ball up the pitch until he puts it into touch/goalkick/passes it to a defender - but at least the ball spends some time in their half.

Jonas offered nothing. Looked like a very keen amateur. He's a 'character' though, maybe that's enough.

just push him a bit forward. anitas drive, speed, passing, work rate, vision, technic and shooting is much more useful.

shola doesn´t offer any of these attributes....its like playing with 10 men for the last 15 mintues. The last many games shola have not even been able to function as a target man.

Pards:

- Both goals onside.

- Deserved to win.

:lol: :lol:

:lol: Lovely having a manager aiming high on our behalf.

Guest neesy111

I can't stand Pardew but I don't think we can complain about too much tonight.

You say this most games tbh.  Make your mind up.

Pards:

- Both goals onside.

- Deserved to win.

Cant argue with that but i think the last 8 words of that are more important to him than any of the previous

We were unlucky yesterday, but if we had a better attacking play and played more positive from the start (last 15 was really good, the first 75, nja) we maybe should have created more. I just feel it´s this small things that holds us back. We still has a lot of crappy players (Jonas and Obertan as our wing players at home ffs) but I´m still uncertain about his priority in selecting players.

People forget Obertan has been our best player in Europe this season. And Marveaux has only ever shown anything for us when playing in the middle, so I totally understand why Obertan was picked.

We've faced turd in Europe this season until now though, mate.

Guest neesy111

People forget Obertan has been our best player in Europe this season. And Marveaux has only ever shown anything for us when playing in the middle, so I totally understand why Obertan was picked.

We've faced turd in Europe this season until now though, mate.

Took the words out of my mouth. :lol:

Interesting to see how he sets up in the second leg now.  If we were going with a 2 goal lead, I would expect 4 or 5 changes, with a strong bench.  Seeing as we're going over there at 0-0, I can see him playing an almost full strength side.  Could really come back to bite us if we fail to beat Southampton because of it.

I'd like to see Marv, Anita and Perch start in the away leg.  All of them deserve a shot from the off and I don't think any of them will play in the following league game.

Does finally feel like we have a bit of depth now mind.  Gouffran and Debuchy ineligible, so that's two players back in for the league and HBA hopefully returning.  If we get through and keep most of our players fit.  We'll be able to rotate 3 or 4 players and still have a very competitive first XI in the next two legs.  As oppose to Sammy, Williamson, Tavernier, Ferguson etc.  No offence to the younger lads, but most of them looked out of their depth.