Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest icemanblue

Can't see what, mate? I've said the same as others; it's been a shit season and he's underperformed. Last season was fantastic and he overperformed. Next season should give us a better idea of where we are with him. It's not the end of the world.

I don't think there's going to be that much to talk about from now until the end of the season TBH, except Europe and maybe HBA's return. Certainly nothing that will change anyone's opinion of Pardew either way. So the same debate will continue to be had endlessly.

Sometimes we'll win, sometimes we'll lose, like in a normal season. After a defeat the mood on here will be more negative obviously, after a win it will be bearable. Everyone is pretty much set on their opinions of the manager.

When we lose it is because of Pardew and when we win it is despite him. For some people at least, and those people who still have time for Pardew are wasting their time explaining why. I know this feeling well from explaining why I still had some support for Mike Ashley.

Can't see what, mate? I've said the same as others; it's been a shit season and he's underperformed. Last season was fantastic and he overperformed. Next season should give us a better idea of where we are with him. It's not the end of the world.

What if he massively overperformed last year, and this season's performance isn't underperformance but merely the optimum one. There is nothing that says different on his CV.

Guest neesy111

Next season is his make or break season.  He should have the squad to push for the top 7 and mount credible challenges in both cup competitions.

Guest icemanblue

What if he massively overperformed last year, and this season's performance isn't underperformance but merely the optimum one. There is nothing that says different on his CV.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see, won't we? I'm happy to do that. It's not as if we have a choice anyway.

You may as well ask what if last seasons performance was the normal, and this season he's been unlucky. It's basically a nonsense question.

I don't think there's going to be that much to talk about from now until the end of the season TBH, except Europe and maybe HBA's return. Certainly nothing that will change anyone's opinion of Pardew either way. So the same debate will continue to be had endlessly.

Sometimes we'll win, sometimes we'll lose, like in a normal season. After a defeat the mood on here will be more negative obviously, after a win it will be bearable. Everyone is pretty much set on their opinions of the manager.

When we lose it is because of Pardew and when we win it is despite him. For some people at least, and those people who still have time for Pardew are wasting their time explaining why. I know this feeling well from explaining why I still had some support for Mike Ashley.

At best he is a mid table manager, he is a reactive manager not a proactive one most of the time, and when he is proactive, his negativity generally means his changes make us more defensive.

With this squad, that the owner has assembled, it is criminal that we don't maximise it with a better manager.

You may as well ask what if last seasons performance was the normal, and this season he's been unlucky. It's basically a nonsense question.

Not if you check his past performances it ain't.

Fully agree with this. This is so deep-rooted i'm probably going to leave this thread alone.

At best he is a mid table manager, he is a reactive manager not a proactive one most of the time, and when he is proactive, his negativity generally means his changes make us more defensive.

With this squad, that the owner has assembled, it is criminal that we don't maximise it with a better manager.

At best (so far) we were 5th, with a shot at 4th

Fully agree with this. This is so deep-rooted i'm probably going to leave this thread alone.

Me too.

Me too.

exactly which is why i have given up on this thread now,  thankfully the vast majority of people who go to the match don't share the views of the vocal minority on here.

Well why don't you try and explain exactly why you "still have time for Pardew then"? How his management has won us games this season etc?

I'm not exactly against him personally, it's just patently obvious that there are many managers out there who could do far more with our players than he can/has, whether or not we would be able to get them, or if the owners would even have the sense to choose the right one is a different story.

P.s most people were nothing but complimentary to Pardew despite out loss to Swansea anyway, if we play like that from now on I'm sure people will warm to him pretty quickly.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Which managers out there (and would want to manage Newcastle) are you suggesting could do more with this team?

Our change in fortune has everything to do with our roster overhaul, and not some magical potion concocted by Pardew. He's still prone to the same boneheaded roster decisions (hello, Jonas) and continues to make questionable substitutions.

Still not convinced he's a good manager.

Guest icemanblue

Marveaux sub against Chelsea? Gave us added forward impetus and better ball retention in midfield. Went on to win the game.

Guest icemanblue
:lol: Exactly. The hatred is far too ingrained now, like. There's simply no way back for him with a few on here.