Alan Pardew

Dave

He picked the team i would have picked yesterday but for the large part of the first half we were bloody awful.

My biggest issue is what they are working on in training because it seems alot of players are making the same mistakes. For example:

Does he work on set pieces enough?

Does he tell Tiote to stop diving in to tackles?

Does he understand how to get the best out of Cisse? I.e getting him between the centre halfs.

Is he working on Santons final product?

All real issues that he hasn't resolved this season.

How many players do you think have actually improved under Pardew? The first one that springs to mind is Perch. After that i'm a little stumped tbh.

Both Taylors, Coloccini last season, Krul. The rest of the team is pretty much Pardew's team anyway.

Colo was as good as he was in the Championship, he did not add to his 'skill set' since Hughton left. Saylor is playing to the standard he showed a few years ago when we all thought he'd be an England regular. Don't think Pardew coaches Krul tbh, think that will be the goalkeeping coach, like at every other club.

You're narrowing his options tbf like :lol:

Krul, Colo, Best, Perch, Raylor and Saylor have all played their best football under Pardew.

If you want to attribute that to others then there is no point in asking the question in he first place.

Loving his enthusiasm for this competition. Seems to genuinely want to go all out for this and seems to have the belief that we can win it too.

The prestige that would come with being the first manager in 40 years to bring a trophy to the club... he has to be aware of that. He'd be a hero. I wasn't really aware of the Keegan times; this competition has always represented the best chance of silverware in my time supporting the club, it's why I love being in it so much.

We were even more likely to win the 2005 UEFA Cup whilst being in the QFs, than winning the two FA Cup finals we got to.

Boro got to the final of this competition, for goodness sake. It's so winnable.

Loving his enthusiasm for this competition. Seems to genuinely want to go all out for this and seems to have the belief that we can win it too.

The prestige that would come with being the first manager in 40 years to bring a trophy to the club... he has to be aware of that. He'd be a hero. I wasn't really aware of the Keegan times; this competition has always represented the best chance of silverware in my time supporting the club, it's why I love being in it so much.

We were even more likely to win the 2005 UEFA Cup whilst being in the QFs, than winning the two FA Cup finals we got to.

Boro got to the final of this competition, for goodness sake. It's so winnable.

If possible that's an understatement :lol:

Again. What has performance and person anything to do with each other? You can be just a lovely person, but if you are not good enough then you are just not good enough.

pardew has his good sides, team management especially. But I dont think we will play any better than we do now. It´s basically up to what quality we will get on to the pitch.

Tbh

He picked the team i would have picked yesterday but for the large part of the first half we were bloody awful.

My biggest issue is what they are working on in training because it seems alot of players are making the same mistakes. For example:

Does he work on set pieces enough?

Does he tell Tiote to stop diving in to tackles?

Does he understand how to get the best out of Cisse? I.e getting him between the centre halfs.

Is he working on Santons final product?

All real issues that he hasn't resolved this season.

How many players do you think have actually improved under Pardew? The first one that springs to mind is Perch. After that i'm a little stumped tbh.

Both Taylors, Coloccini last season, Krul. The rest of the team is pretty much Pardew's team anyway.

Colo was as good as he was in the Championship, he did not add to his 'skill set' since Hughton left. Saylor is playing to the standard he showed a few years ago when we all thought he'd be an England regular. Don't think Pardew coaches Krul tbh, think that will be the goalkeeping coach, like at every other club.

You're narrowing his options tbf like :lol:

Krul, Colo, Best, Perch, Raylor and Saylor have all played their best football under Pardew.

If you want to attribute that to others then there is no point in asking the question in he first place.

Tbh, i don't think he ash any input with Krul, as i said before. Saylor is looking back to his best which was looooong time before Pardew turned up. Colo was just as good under Hughton in the Championship and has been, apart from a bad 1st year with us, a fantastic CB for the whole of his career. Perch i agreed with. Best, maybe, Raylor, you could be right there.

But, Tiote? Cisse? Is Cabaye a better player than the one we bought? Has Santon improved through this season? Is Willo and Simmo any better? Jonas? Is HBA a better attacker than he was at Lyon? (He 's defo better at helping the team get the ball back - credit to AP for that), is Obertan any better for being coached by AP? Does Marveaux looked to have improved? I'm sure i'm boring us both with this list ! My point is simply, i don't think he's much of a coach or a good judge of a coach (in the way Ferguson has hired progressive coaches through the years). The players clearly like AP which is great but former players have said that his key problem was that he always got too buddy buddy with his players and perhaps lost his objective view on things. I think it's great the players like him, but if it's at the expense of team success (yet to be proved either way) then AP's employers need to reassess. FWIW, i think the Fat Mash will not indulge AP any further if next season is at best average, he'll want a top 6 challenging side because that's what he's paid for.

We all (as fans) want the same thing and people form or change their opinions based on how they interpret what they see/evidence. Some make their minds up sooner, some later. We are all free to change our mind too if things don't go as expected. For me, i don't really rate him and even last season, after wins against Manu and Chelsea, i said i thought we had very lucky periods in both games and although the scoreline was often very good, i didn't think the performances could be maintained because too much luck (imo) was involved. For all that's gone against AP this season, what he couldn't control, he hasn't done well enough (imo) with what he could control. He's never showed himself a good coach/manager in the past, and average one, and he still looks like that to me. But, we can all disagree about it and make valid points on each side.

Again. What has performance and person anything to do with each other? You can be just a lovely person, but if you are not good enough then you are just not good enough.

pardew has his good sides, team management especially. But I dont think we will play any better than we do now. It´s basically up to what quality we will get on to the pitch.

They haven't. That's the point...

Stop fucking ranting all the time man :lol:

Guest neesy111

Luckily your credibility is close to zero.

:lol:

Could say something similar about everyone on here tbh.