Alan Pardew

Dave

Because we don't know how things would have panned out had Debuchy not gone off injured. We were the better team until then at which point we had to reshuffle the team twice in the first half. To me it looked like he had set us up right to start with. He's a poor manager but it's not like it's all his fault today by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think you can prepare to lose two full backs within the first half an hour.

Debuchy was playing well, not that we looked capable of taking any advantage from that.  We played some dangerous balls into the box like we have quite a bit since we brought our new signings in without getting anything from them.  We don't know how to attack as a team and that's unacceptable at this level and costly for us.

I am not defending Pardew and I agree with your last sentence. I just don't subscribe to this 'it was all Pardew's fault today as it always is' thing.

Did anybody say that?

It's certainly his fault the way we play on a consistent basis.

I do not understand this "WHAT DID HE DO WRONG TODAY??" stuff after every game. He doesn't just come to work on matchdays.

It remains to be seen whether the players Pardew has received are actually as world class as everyone claims. Have seen both brilliance and bollocks from Sissoko and YMB so far. Obviously I haven't seen as much French football as the clever cunts on here, but nevermind.

Just seems as if some 'fans' were eager for a result like today so they could add it to their anti-Pards artillery. We weren't our best today, but the ref was absolutely woeful and we were without key players. Nay need for hissy fits.

Guest icemanblue

If Debuchy's our only hope of beating teams of the standard of Wigan Athletic, we might as well pull out of the Europa League now.

Shit like this sums you up, like. You're a knowledgeable lad, why be such an over dramatic little girl? No one has said this.

You said losing Debuchy was the reason we lost the foothold in the game.

I did, and it was. I didn't say he was pivotal in our chances of beating Wigan. They targeted a player who was poor, and we went through further reshuffles. We weren't, at any point, out of the game because of it. Nor should we now be pulling out of the Europa League because of losing a player who'd never played in it.

Guest Howaythetoon

It remains to be seen whether the players Pardew has received are actually as world class as everyone claims. Have seen both brilliance and bollocks from Sissoko and YMB so far. Obviously I haven't seen as much French football as the clever c***s on here, but nevermind.

Just seems as if some 'fans' were eager for a result like today so they could add it to their anti-Pards artillery. We weren't our best today, but the ref was absolutely woeful and we were without key players. Nay need for hissy fits.

I will bet you 100 quid you will struggle to find 10 posters on here claiming any of our players to be world-class. They are certainly better than a few fucking points off a relegation spot though. You should be renamed Fooluwashola. People are not exactly pissing and moaning about another loss btw but the pathetic performance which is a regular theme with us. This is what people like you seem to be blind to.

Oh noes we lost, must be Pardz fault again.

Err, nope!

Oh noes, another shitty performance....

Ah, refs fault. Debuchey going off man, would have won had he not went off. Ahh that fucking tackle man, lost because of that.

We were not robbed today btw, our fucking defending throughout was abysmal and while we did deserve a point, I'd still have been grumpy with that given how we played and who we were playing.

But for a second shocking referee decision, we'd have got a point today. A results that many of those complaining said they'd accept before the game. His much maligned subs changed the game in our favour.

It was, however, a largely shite performance against a fresher team, who move the ball about well. It's probably our first truly 'bad' performance since Villa away. If you can't accept that a team will have bad games (especially on the back of a hard fought game three days previously), and feel it should cost a manager his job. Well, there's not much hope for you.

Regardless of the result or performance, he'll be panned by the usual crowd.

His much maligned subs changed the game in our favour. Fuck me, what a doylem.

Guest Dontooner

Nah Staying in the Premier League irregardless of the poor performances are good enough for some, low standards really.

I know the overall play was poor, to say the least. But just so much went against us today. And I know this a massively over simplistic view but:

- Debuchy's unlucky injury leading to that defensive shuffle didn't help - almost led directly to the goal. Haidara really didn't look ready to come on, thought he looked very suspect defensively while he was on. Way too much space to get that cross in.

- The tackle, need I say more? With the way Wigan are set up, going down to ten men means a total change of system. More so than other sides. You know how it is with horror injuries, sometimes players react well and it adds a bit of impetus. Today went the other way and we went into our shells a bit.

- And their goal just shouldn't of stood. Would be a very diffent mood on here if it was 1-1.

I'm not a massive Pardew fan by any means, but today I don't want too be too harsh on him. Tbh, given the the manner in which the decisions went us I am pretty surprised with the outbursts on here. Although maybe I shouldn't be...

Guest Howaythetoon

Btw, is the Europa League QF this season's 5th place finish?

Yeah. Not sure whether we'd get an extra place or just take the 5th placed teams spot in the Europa if somehow we managed to win it.

Errr, woosh I think....

I know the overall play was poor, to say the least. But just so much went against us today. And I know this a massively over simplistic view but:

- Debuchy's unlucky injury leading to that defensive shuffle didn't help - almost led directly to the goal. Haidara really didn't look ready to come on, thought he looked very suspect defensively while he was on. Way too much space to get that cross in.

- The tackle, need I say more? With the way Wigan are set up, going down to ten men means a total change of system. More so that other sides. You know how it is with horror injuries, sometimes players react well and it adds a bit of impetus. Today went the other way and went into our shells a bit.

- And their goal just shouldn't of stood. Would be a very diffent mood on here if it was 1-1.

I'm not a massive Pardew fan by any means, but today I don't want too be too harsh on him. Tbh, given the the manner in which the decisions went us I am pretty surprised with the outbursts on here. Although maybe I shouldn't be...

Only thing I disagree on is about there being a different mood if we'd got a point. I thought we were rubbish, a point would have been a bonus but wouldn't have made the performance any better. That's my entire argument.

- The tackle, need I say more? With the way Wigan are set up, going down to ten men means a total change of system. More so that other sides. You know how it is with horror injuries, sometimes players react well and it adds a bit of impetus. Today went the other way and went into our shells a bit.

The criticism of Pard is well documented going back 2 years and nothing much has changed. It's not really results based, rather performance and general nous based. His football brain is shockingly limited, there is no polite way of putting it.

Guest Howaythetoon

And yet in the second half, Santon had the run of that right flank and did actually score from there so although losing Debuchy was a blow, it wasn't a huge blow. If anything it certainly helped Santon/our right side. The biggest blow was whenever we were on the ball which for long periods we were on it quite a lot, we simply didn't have anything in our game from an attacking perspective to really get at them and to turn all of that possession/time on the ball into shots/chances and with it goals.

And then off the ball... well we were a mess. I blame that on Pardew. He should have put Anita on and not Perch. Him and Tiote kept getting in each other's way and the two were far too deep. If he was asking Jonas to fill in at LB the midfield was surely crying out for Anita and not Perch? That way Tiote could have moved further up field and at least in Anita we would have had someone capable at passing. Perch and Tiote constantly gave away cheap possession, deep into our own half which meant they would have runners advanced on our back-four far too often. Wigan actually squandered a lot of forward play themselves. A more precise and clinical side would have punished us massively.

Guest Dontooner

Winning a game would turn their moods , they only care for the results , we have been poor for the season and the reference is to the performances.

We are at times terrible to watch.

The criticism of Pard is well documented going back 2 years and nothing much has changed. It's not really results based, rather performance and general nous based. His football brain is shockingly limited, there is no polite way of putting it.

I know and I think most people have had their eyes well and truly opened this season.

Only thing I disagree on is about there being a different mood if we'd got a point. I thought we were rubbish, a point would have been a bonus but wouldn't have made the performance any better. That's my entire argument.

No of course, it would have been a relief. But I think the venom in people's posts directed at Pardew is harsh given the circumstances. He is to blame for an awful lot this season, but I won't hold this result against him.

It remains to be seen whether the players Pardew has received are actually as world class as everyone claims. Have seen both brilliance and bollocks from Sissoko and YMB so far. Obviously I haven't seen as much French football as the clever c***s on here, but nevermind.

LOL. Or maybe people find it ludicrous that we are hovering over the relegation zone, despite the fact we have one of the best squads we've had in years, while being served up absolutely tactically horrendous dross. Just a thought. Contrary just for the sake of it. Laughable

This get reeled out so often with so little evidence. We were probably without our 4 most proven players today like, but we should still be expected to DESTROY the puny Wigan despite the refereeing horror show.

I often wish this place was more representative of the majority of fans. Unfortunately it continues to be a breeding ground for reactionary keyboard mentalists.

As I've said a few times in this thread, I'm perfectly prepared to accept this shitstorm of a season if the club and manager learn from it. I'd like to think next year isn't going to be determined purely by how fortunate we are with transfer negotiations and injuries though.

As I've said a few times in this thread, I'm perfectly prepared to accept this shitstorm of a season if the club and manager learn from it. I'd like to think next year isn't going to be determined purely by how fortunate we are with transfer negotiations and injuries though.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Guest Howaythetoon

LOL. Or maybe people find it ludicrous that we are hovering over the relegation zone, despite the fact we have one of the best squads we've had in years, while being served up absolutely tactically horrendous dross. Just a thought. Contrary just for the sake of it. Laughable

This get reeled out so often with so little evidence. We were probably without our 4 most proven players today like, but we should still be expected to DESTROY the puny Wigan despite the refereeing horror show.

I often wish this place was more representative of the majority of fans. Unfortunately it continues to be a breeding ground for reactionary keyboard mentalists.

Again you are f***ing blind to what people are pissing and moaning about. PERFORMANCE not f***ing RESULT. That's what people are p*ssed off about, the way we f***ing play. Whether we have our best side out or not we generally play bad or look an average side yet we clearly have the players to be a good side.

f*** that tackle, the handball and the loss, we put in yet another p*ss poor performance as a team. That's why we are down where we are not because of injuries, poor refereeing decisions or fixture congestion all excuses trotted out as to why we play shite. No, its because of the way we play as a team. We play s**** and have done all season and even for large parts of last season. And that's Pardew's fault. Anyone who disagrees or wants to use an excuse to why we play so s*** is a f***ing retarded idiot to be honest. Stevie Wonder can see we are s*** at this round ball game thing man. Wigan looked like a Ferrari at times compared to us, the lousy f***ing Rover.