Alan Pardew

Dave

IMO no manager should get binned during the season unless we're in very serious danger of going down (ie even worse than we're doing now) and/or he has completely lost the dressing room, or some ridiculously good alternative magically becomes available and expresses a lifelong desire to manage us for a pittance.

IMO no manager should get binned during the season unless we're in very serious danger of going down (ie even worse than we're doing now) and/or has completely lost the dressing room or some ridiculously good alternative magically becomes available and expresses a lifelong desire to manage us for a pittance.

Cannot argue with that at all.

IMO no manager should get binned during the season unless we're in very serious danger of going down (ie even worse than we're doing now) and/or has completely lost the dressing room or some ridiculously good alternative magically becomes available and expresses a lifelong desire to manage us for a pittance.

:thup: its all moot anyway because unless something ridiculous happens he isn't going.

Guest Dontooner

Think the beginning of the season will shape my views on the current regime including the board, if they are not as progressive in footballing terms as in buying players with the managers. its evident we would be stuck under performing for years to comes with players coming and going.

The hope is for them to make the right choices and get the right people in the team and get performances and great results.

The Bottom line is clear even if Pardew was sacked and replace by another manager at the end of the season , i would doubt there would be many Moaners here. I see support for him but not complete support.

Guest neesy111

IMO no manager should get binned during the season unless we're in very serious danger of going down (ie even worse than we're doing now) and/or he has completely lost the dressing room, or some ridiculously good alternative magically becomes available and expresses a lifelong desire to manage us for a pittance.

Have you ever wanted a manager binned mid season?  Honest question.

Until recently I still had the edition of The Chronicle that announced Souness being sacked. That's how happy I was. :lol: :blush:

Guest neesy111

Until recently I still had the edition of The Chronicle that announced Souness being sacked. That's how happy I was. :lol: :blush:

I was soo happy when that happened as well.  Bit embarrassing now but tbf it did lead to the honeymoon period under Roeder. :smitten:

Of course, because those circumstances have occurred. Apart from the amazing replacements. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I tend to agree and would stick with him until the season ends but if we lose against the mackems...

Plus we are still deep in it anyway as things stand right now.

Pardew has had a very good ride this year because if his surname was Souness or Allardyce or Roeder there would have been hell on for the shit we've served up and where we lie in the table.

I think Ashley has done such a great job over the years of demolishing fans' aspirations and ambitions for the club to the point where just staying up is something to be thankful for and there is also this mentality of we have to keep someone like Pardew because no-one else will want the job or we will not get anyone better in. Just look at the gushing over making 1m + profit. Who cares, especially when we lie a few points off relegation.

How long do we give him next season? First 10 games? 20? The full season? This season, our performances, him picking the likes of fucking Obertan is the real Alan Pardew, a lower league manager out of his depth.

It's irrelevant "how long we give him" because our opinion doesn't register with the owner. He'll do exactly as he pleases with our club, and that's likely to be sticking with Pardew.

This reality makes it so difficult to support the club/team at the moment because with this squad we all know we could do so much better with a decent coach.

Guest bimpy474

How long do we give him next season? First 10 games? 20? The full season? This season, our performances, him picking the likes of fucking Obertan is the real Alan Pardew, a lower league manager out of his depth.

It's irrelevant "how long we give him" because our opinion doesn't register with the owner. He'll do exactly as he pleases with our club, and that's likely to be sticking with Pardew.

This reality makes it so difficult to support the club/team at the moment because with this squad we all know we could do so much better with a decent coach.

Accurate and so so depressing.

I tend to agree and would stick with him until the season ends but if we lose against the mackems...

Pardew has had a very good ride this year because if his surname was Souness or Allardyce or Roeder there would have been hell on for the s*** we've served up and where we lie in the table.

I think Ashley has done such a great job over the years of demolishing fans' aspirations and ambitions for the club to the point where just staying up is something to be thankful for and there is also this mentality of we have to keep someone like Pardew because no-one else will want the job or we will not get anyone better in. Just look at the gushing over making 1m + profit. Who cares, especially when we lie a few points off relegation.

I'm sure you wouldn't be so vocal if our managers surname was Hitzfeld.

I really think they might bin him, they're not anywhere near as stupid as I thought they were and they'll want to be getting maximum return on a lot of the good work they're doing off the pitch.  They're ruthless too and I'd be surprised if Pardew's contract was worth the paper it was written on, in terms of the implications of sacking him.

The only thing making me think they'd veer on the side of keeping him is that they're happy they can control him and haven't had the best track record in that respect with other managers, however I think there are other managers that would work in similar circumstances as it seems to be the way football's going.

Guest palnese

If they have any sense they'll see that finishing 5th was a one off with this manager, and that we'll never get anywhere near that again with Pardew in charge.

Guest Howaythetoon

How long do we give him next season? First 10 games? 20? The full season? This season, our performances, him picking the likes of f***ing Obertan is the real Alan Pardew, a lower league manager out of his depth.

See what I mean...

I agree Jimmy and its fucking sad isn't it.

I don't look forward to the match day these days, I can't stand the way we play and get extremely frustrated and pissed off with us when I see us play to the point where I switch off or don't even bother. I can take defeats like today, losing 4-0 etc. I can even take being so low in the table. Its the god awful football I cannot stomach. If we had a team full of Gardners, Cattermoles etc. aye but not with the players we have.

Pardew wants shot with shit for the football we serve up, honestly it is as bad as anything the likes of Souness, Roeder and even fucking Kinnear served up. Its on a par with Big Sam's football and worse in many respects.

I hate it and I hate Pardew for it and soon if we continue I'll start hating all things NUFC to the point where I'll not be wanting to get my son into NUFC and footy because its shit to be frank, everything about it from officials, the national team, FifFa, the FA, Man City, Abramovic, every stinking thing about the modern game.

I really think they might bin him, they're not anywhere near as stupid as I thought they were and they'll want to be getting maximum return on a lot of the good work they're doing off the pitch.  They're ruthless too and I'd be surprised if Pardew's contract was worth the paper it was written on, in terms of the implications of sacking him.

Knowing Ashley an 8 year contract pay off for Pardew would cost less than paying any of the previous owners managers off for 6 months worth.  I think it will be this summer unless he wins the Europa cup or Jan if we arent in the top 10 by then.

Knowing Ashley an 8 year contract pay off for Pardew would cost less than paying any of the previous owners managers off for 6 months worth.  I think it will be this summer unless he wins the Europa cup or Jan if we arent in the top 10 by then.

Me too, Ashley and Llambias are all about value for money etc and I'd imagine they'll be really fucked off about this season, regardless of their own dallying last summer.

Guest Howaythetoon

Pardew has had a very good ride this year because if his surname was Souness or Allardyce or Roeder there would have been hell on for the s*** we've served up and where we lie in the table.

I'm sure you wouldn't be so vocal if our managers surname was Hitzfeld.

:lol: Sad bastard

Me too, Ashley and Llambias are all about value for money etc and I'd imagine they'll be really fucked off about this season, regardless of their own dallying last summer.

He gets paid up a year of his contract.

If they have any sense they'll see that finishing 5th was a one off with this manager, and that we'll never get anywhere near that again with Pardew in charge.

How can you come to that conclusion exactly?  How is that fair to say that last season was the one off and this season truly represents his ability? And that it can't possibly be the other way around.

For that reason that's why he needs to stay until at least January, imo

Aye, that's what people seem to be saying.  £1m or whatever seems like a fucking bargain at the minute. :lol:

The thing that does cross my mind sometimes is if we somehow managed to win the Europa League then I'd have to get a tattoo of Pardew's face on my chest or something, I place so much value on winning a trophy after 40-odd years of under-achievement and it would feel like the ultimate irony if a manager that I've never really taken to (other than giving him credit here and there for good results, etc) was the one that delivered it for us. :lol:

Guest neesy111

I do think January was a wake up call to Pardew by the board tbh.  They'll be unimpressed by this season.

Aye, that's what people seem to be saying.  £1m or whatever seems like a fucking bargain at the minute. :lol:

The thing that does cross my mind sometimes is if we somehow managed to win the Europa League then I'd have to get a tattoo of Pardew's face on my chest or something, I place so much value on winning a trophy after 40-odd years of under-achievement and it feel like the ultimate irony if a manager that I've never really taken to (other than giving him credit here and there for good results, etc) was the one that delivered it for us. :lol:

was just wondering what the Pardew Haters would do if we won the Europa :lol: