Alan Pardew

Dave

My view on Pardew hasn't changed since early in the season - he is running true to form at previous clubs, having a year or so of reasonable success then a steady drop-off in the performance of his team.

Depite having millions of pounds-worth of new talent given to him - a luxury clubs like Villa, Wigan and Southampton have NOT had in the January window, the side has fallen from its little lift from these signings and is now once again looking poor.

Nobody can deny there have been injuries, the one to HBA being a critical blow, but the team's performances have once again become pedestrian, defensive and sterile in attack, where Cisse looks like a poor Championship player....much of this has to be down to Pardew and his tactics.

As people have said, O'Neill being fired from the Mackems IS another pressure - Pardew now looks worse than any other manager whose team are in trouble ; people have mocked Lambert at Villa but if they beat Liverpool today, he will have done a brilliant job given the absence of any financial back-up and the Saints

new manager has done really well since he took over - or at least, he has made sure that the team has....

I am not advocating sacking Pardew at this time - its too close to the end now unless you could get someone really good which is out of the window - but he HAS to go in summer, whether we stay up or go down. He will never take the club forward and we will continue to have massive defeats like the latest one and worst of all, they will be whilst playing dire, sterile football.

If Pardew stays, we will lose many of our better players, including Cabaye, in summer - no doubt in my mind.

question, has pardew got a single result this season from a fixture that you'd not expect us to win?  i mean vs. the top 6 teams, or in a game where were were decimated by injuries?  i do not include results where we've had to pull something back from when he's got it totally wrong in the first place not that there's many of

chelsea (h) springs to mind

keep saying it but this is the mark of a good manager

I didn't expect us to beat QPR

I just dont see what his tactics are meant to be. If its defensive then it doesnt look it because we are all over the place conceading goals left right and centre from mistakes. He really needs to stop worrying about other teams and just set us up to attack. Cisse in on his own with absolutely nobody backing him up, we need to be further up the pitch applying pressure to teams. It really is pathetic the way we play, we look like we dont train together and it needs to be changed

I've been patient with him, don't know why, think I was just after the stablity that we've lacked for so long, but this is taking the piss.

Performances are awful and we're just increasing the pressure and importance of our home games. It's going to be a nervy fucking end to the season like.

My view on Pardew hasn't changed since early in the season - he is running true to form at previous clubs, having a year or so of reasonable success then a steady drop-off in the performance of his team.

Depite having millions of pounds-worth of new talent given to him - a luxury clubs like Villa, Wigan and Southampton have NOT had in the January window, the side has fallen from its little lift from these signings and is now once again looking poor.

Nobody can deny there have been injuries, the one to HBA being a critical blow, but the team's performances have once again become pedestrian, defensive and sterile in attack, where Cisse looks like a poor Championship player....much of this has to be down to Pardew and his tactics.

As people have said, O'Neill being fired from the Mackems IS another pressure - Pardew now looks worse than any other manager whose team are in trouble ; people have mocked Lambert at Villa but if they beat Liverpool today, he will have done a brilliant job given the absence of any financial back-up and the Saints

new manager has done really well since he took over - or at least, he has made sure that the team has....

I am not advocating sacking Pardew at this time - its too close to the end now unless you could get someone really good which is out of the window - but he HAS to go in summer, whether we stay up or go down. He will never take the club forward and we will continue to have massive defeats like the latest one and worst of all, they will be whilst playing dire, sterile football.

If Pardew stays, we will lose many of our better players, including Cabaye, in summer - no doubt in my mind.

Not sure about how quickly we'll lose Cabaye, but good post.

Just wondering who people would want to replace Pardew? Someone who would realistically come. Would we be looking at an appointment like Martinez/Poyet/Di Canio, or try to get someone like Rudi Garcia?

I'd get rid in the summer FWIW.

I personally think Ashley and Llambias will listen to Carr.  I read the comments from Llambias early, talks of building on a global brand, you cant  do that outside the premier league or from the bottom end.

I was thinking maybe we should give him next season but im fed up now, every football match is just an awful struggle.  Keep  him for now and have someone lined up as soon as the season ends.

Who that could be, i dunno but i trust Carr.

Looking at S'hampton with 4/5 streaming into the box or 6 breaking forward in posession is the best contrast to our pedestrian 1 or 2 trying something in or around the box. Pitiful. A team more often than not playing within itself and playing with fear and trepidation of almost any side we come up against.

we shouldn't keep him now tbh, carver has enough experience to get us to the end of the season

:scared:

Carvs for me like  :lol:

Nah I would want someone in with a bit "more"

Id wait until summer.

we shouldn't keep him now tbh, carver has enough experience to get us to the end of the season

:scared:

Carvs for me like  :lol:

Nah I would want someone in with a bit "more"

Id wait until summer.

i think as an absolute minimum carver would let them go out and fucking play, which has got to be a better option than the nonsense pardew is serving up?

Just stick a pin in one of these. :lol:

France

R. Garde

Olympique Lyon

France

F. Gillot

Bordeaux

France

P. Montanier

Real Sociedad

France

R. Garcia

Lille

France

R. Girard

Montpellier

France

C. Galtier

Saint-Étienne

curr99

France

F. Antonetti

Stade Rennes

curr106

France

E. Baup

Olympique Marseille

curr145

France

C. Gourcuff

Lorient

France

C. Puel

Nice

curr189

France

D. Sanchez

Valenciennes

France

A. Casanova

Toulouse

curr201

France

E. Hély

Sochaux, (Sochaux II)

France

F. Hantz

Bastia

I've been patient thus far with our manager, because like somebody mentioned above, I liked the idea of stability within the club. The rate at which we have changed management in the past has been embarrassing, but we certainly need a manager now who can work with the talent we have in the dressing room. It's so frustrating having players like Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Marveaux and playing so negatively week in week out.

I have plenty of non-toon mates who every week ask me what has gone wrong. I've been behind Pardew. giving him time to get it right but if he does stay I don't think it will get any better than this. I actually quite like his character, but he's not working for us where it counts.

There's no good in moving him on before the end of the season, of that i'm certain. And going by what Llambias has said in the past - that every manager is entitled to a bad season - and especially given the 8 year contract they dished out this season, I can't seen him going anywhere for at least another season yet.

Contrary to what some have said, we did play some attractive football last season. I'm certain we can again under Pardew, but we can't wait for him to get it right because I'm worried our big guns will get bored and as frustrated as us, and will move on.

I'd like to see somebody like Gus Poyet come in in the summer, with Carver at his side. He has his team playing nice passing football, and he has a real enthusiasm for it, which would benefit us no end. 

Guest neesy111

Do his supporters still think he's trying to advance us to a better standard of football, or is getting back to the effective football we played for much of last year the ultimate aim?  I don't hear people saying he'll get us playing good stuff much anymore, that's all.  Seems to be that we got good results one season and can do so again.

Fwiw, I wouldn't officially class myself as a 'Pardew supporter' and - although I'd prefer it that we stuck, I'm not gonna sit here and say I'd be devastated if he went in the summer. I'm just a supporter of the notion of stability. I'm nowhere near convinced he has the ability to get the full potential out of this squad - I just think there's something to sticking with a manager.

It's not like Souness, Roeder, Kinnear or Allardyce, who were basically shite from the beginning - in my opinion Pardew has performed admirably as a manager for an extended period of time (though I concede there's discrepancies over that opinion, which appears to be the sticking point here). In addition to what was, imo, a brilliant job last season, I think it's worth pointing out that his opening spell has been forgotten about in this debate. It was pretty solid to be fair, especially considering the Carroll debacle. It was only an aberration against WBA that prevented us from actually finishing in the top half.

I'm just sick of seeing us constantly chopping and changing, and I don't have faith in the board to upgrade on him. He's shown good and bad in equal measure imo, and should get till Christmas.

Just repeating myself now. :cheesy:

Fair points, can't say I agree massively about him doing anything better than a bang-average job in his first half-season but there you go.  Certainly not something I'd give him a massive amount of credit for, he was OK.

Anyway, do you think he wants to play better football or not, that's what I'm asking.  People used to say he was working towards us playing better stuff, but they don't seem to say that now.

Where's my signature gone Polic??? :(

question, has pardew got a single result this season from a fixture that you'd not expect us to win?  i mean vs. the top 6 teams, or in a game where were were decimated by injuries?  i do not include results where we've had to pull something back from when he's got it totally wrong in the first place not that there's many of

Well, we gave Man Utd one of the best games, that I can recall, we've ever given them down there, we gave Arsenal all they could handle until we ran out of gas around 70 mins (they being totally rested) and we drew at Liverpool where we unrelentingly usually get beaten.

Apart from that, your right.

Let's make a poll then, whether Poyet > Pardew.

I am not defending Pards but I honestly can't think of any managers that 1. most of us believe is better then Pards and 2. is realistic.

Well, we gave Man Utd one of the best games, that I can recall, we've ever given them down there, we gave Arsenal all they could handle until we ran out of gas around 70 mins (they being totally rested) and we drew at Liverpool where we unrelentingly usually get beaten.

Apart from that, your right.

aye liverpool i suppose, but weren't they in a shite patch themselves when we played them?  hardly been blazing a trail this season either, but as you say usually a graveyard so one in the column for pards

chelsea and liverpool (draw) then, that about it? :lol:

I'll take back what I said about Obertan/Marveaux then. Just seen the interview and he's said Marveaux has a very mild groin strain so they were worried about playing him.

He really needs a big performance out of the team next sunday against Fulham. None of this cautious approach, have to go for it and put them away.

I'm still to get my ticket for the Fulham match but if we go a goal up and I'm sitting there in the freezing cold and we sit back as we so often do............... :rant:

Need the 3 points to take into the derby.