Alan Pardew

Dave

I totally understand Stu's point btw, about creating an image of stability for the club. I just think having a manager that makes the team more than the sum of its parts and who can get results when things are against the club is where you go first and foremost, and everything else comes secondary to that. After over 2 years I personally think it's fair to say we haven't got that, and we need to find it.

I realise that last season he did really good things with Raylor and Perch for example, so it could be argued that he raises the level of individual players, but I don't think he raises the team performance at all, in fact I think he's counter productive in this area.

A few of which have looked like players not fit for this league this season. Others have barely played.

So much for his managerial ability, is that supposed to make him look better?

Generally players need to be on the pitch and able in order to make a contribution.

Guest neesy111

I think quite a few are really overrating out squad tbh.

Yes, we're overrating our trophy winning international players.

:thup:

Please. Nicky Butt was a trophy winning international.

So was Geremi and Alan Smith.

I think quite a few are really overrating out squad tbh.

Yes, we're overrating our trophy winning international players.

:thup:

Please. Nicky Butt was a trophy winning international.

Don't be daft, Ronaldo :lol:

Guest neesy111

Who are our trophy winning internationals, anyway?

Cabaye

Debuchy

Tiote

Anita

Coloccini

Santon

It's a pathetic excuse for trying to justify a view point.

We've got plenty of international/class players. Highly rated, not just by us, but people looking from a neutral view. Wasn't especially on about the trophy winning stuff, but to suggest we're overrating our players - not having it, like.

Generally players need to be on the pitch and able in order to make a contribution.

We usually have 11 players on the pitch at any given time.

And when James perch has played 3 times the amount of games that Sissoko has your list doesn't quite look as pertinent.

And when James perch has played 3 times the amount of games that Sissoko has your list doesn't quite look as pertinent.

Aye, I forgot that we've been shit because we've been forced to play James Perch.

We've got plenty of international/class players. Highly rated, not just by us, but people looking from a neutral view. Wasn't especially on about the trophy winning stuff, but to suggest we're overrating our players - not having it, like.

Just look at Mick's post, man. Some of those players only signed 8 league games ago - 4 of which we won. Ben Arfa's been missing for most of the season and players like Anita, Tiote and Colo have been poor by any team's standards. The squad's still a work in progress.

Benfica looked a class above us at times. Squad wise we are a long way from SBR's team IMO. Including the one Souness started with.

I'm not sure how much of that is due to Pardew.  The man doesn't know anything about winning titles or European competitions. Or even just competitions.

Guest neesy111

We have 1 player in the team that has double digit amount of goals this season.  Are people wondering why we are struggling so badly?  No where enough goals from rest of the team.

Cabaye is overrated by many on here as well.  He's a good footballer but he does go missing in quite a few games imo.

It's all well and good listing off our quality players but when a lot of them have missed nearly half the season it doesn't really look that great, they have started -

Cabaye 18 games - 1 more games than Perch

Tiote 17 games - The same amount of games as Perch

Colocinni - 19 games - 2 more than Williamson

Taylor 17 games - Same as Williamson

Ben Arfa 13 games

Krul 22 games

Anita 17 games

Marveaux 8 games

Obviously they couldn't have played more since they only signed in January, however if you are including them in an argument of what we have done with this squad this season..

Games started -

Debuchy 9

Gouffran 8

Sissoko 8

Yanga-Mbwia 4

Cisse 28 and Santon 30 are the only players who has had a consistent run in the side.

Aye, I forgot that we've been shit because we've been forced to play James Perch.

We've won 4 out of 8 league games with Sissoko on the field and won 2 European ties yet you're using him as a reason we should be further from relegation. Doesn't make much sense.

Just look at Mick's post, man. Some of those players only signed 8 league games ago - 4 of which we won. Ben Arfa's been missing for most of the season and players like Anita, Tiote and Colo have been poor by any team's standards. The squad's still a work in progress.

I was using those players against a post which had included Ryan Taylor, Vuckic, Ameobi, and Harper not playing as being an excuse for why we are where we are.  :lol:

That makes it alright, then. Just mention good players who we've had since January - and who having us looking far better.

Petty by a 20-year-old's standards.

I didn't "Just mention good players who we've had since January."

It's all well and good listing off our quality players but when a lot of them have missed nearly half the season it doesn't really look that great, they have started -

Ben Arfa 13 games

Krul 22 games

Anita 17 games

Marveaux 8 games

Obviously they couldn't have played more since they only signed in January, however if you are including them in an argument of what we have done with this squad this season..

Games started -

Debuchy 9

Gouffran 8

Sissoko 8

Yanga-Mbwia 4

Cisse 28 and Santon 30 are the only players who has had a consistent run in the side.

Loads of numbers that don't justify the lack of team cohesion, competent attacking team play or ruthlessly terrible set penises we've seen for over two years. I understand that it sounds dismissive but that's the point I've reached now I'm afraid, he can either get some results or fuck off.

Guest neesy111

Ben Arfa 13 games

Krul 22 games

Anita 17 games

Marveaux 8 games

Games started -

Debuchy 9

Gouffran 8

Sissoko 8

Yanga-Mbwia 4

Loads of numbers that don't justify the lack of team cohesion, competent attacking team play or ruthlessly terrible set penises we've seen for over two years. I understand that it sounds dismissive but that's the point I've reached now I'm afraid, he can either get some results or fuck off.

:sadnod:

Ben Arfa 13 games

Krul 22 games

Anita 17 games

Marveaux 8 games

Games started -

Debuchy 9

Gouffran 8

Sissoko 8

Yanga-Mbwia 4

That post was solely in response to "Look at these names, they are all class, we should have done better" because it doesn't quite work like that unless they are playing every game.

I don't deny we have been poor though and although I agree that missing players at the back can have a big impact as Stu mentioned, Pardew has still shown a worrying lack of ability to change our gameplan when it is needed.

I am in the give him the start of next season and see how it goes camp. I'm not overly confident he will change it around as he seems to have one way of playing (which can be boring) but I don't think it's a lost cause just yet either.