Alan Pardew

Dave

Behind closed doors, Ashley must be livid that he's put his money where his mouth is and seen absolutely no on-field return.

I know they're all supposed to be best friends but we know he's ruthless.

Behind closed doors, Ashley must be livid that he's put his money where his mouth is and seen absolutely no on-field return.

This is one of the times where I hope Ashley is ruthless.

He will have to be ruthless, I've noticed not many has mentioned for a while.....

8 year contract lol

Sick

He only gets compensation for a year though?

He will have to be ruthless, I've noticed not many has mentioned for a while.....

8 year contract lol

Sick

That's from what I've heard but even if that is indeed the case, the 8 year contract was a ridiculous (and stupid) idea to begin with. A yearly review would have sufficed.

I've been relatively supportive of Pardew this season, admittedly based on what we did last season. I have even been p*ssed off many times when seeing this thread shoot to the top of the board as soon as we concede a goal (let alone get beat) when the same didn't happen when we got a good win.

Mick (as much as I like you mick!) has driven me mad at times this season (and last at times) with his views, but he's been right all along.

For us to be in a relegation battle in April with the squad we have is absolutely indefensible. We cannot keep on basing arguments in support of Pardew on last season (i include myself in that btw). Southampton are a recent example of a team who have binned a manager (who did a superb job for them, far better than Pardew has for us) and replaced him and have improved. Their chairman simply felt they had outgrown Adkins, time will tell, but he seems to have made the correct decision so far (he made the right decision getting rid of our current manager too btw).

I feel the same has happened with us, we've got to replace him with someone who takes us to the next level. We are in a very fortunate position in that we have a very good squad of players (imo obviously), we are a back up striker and a winger/fit ben arfa away from having the strongest squad we've had in many years and we are deep in a relegation battle, how can this be ok? he simply has to go.

I'm at the point where I believe that it doesn't matter which team we are facing, if their manager has an ounce of tactical awareness Pardew is f***ed and we are beat.

We are an attractive proposition now for both players and a manager, far more attractive than when Pardew arrived, he deserves credit for this but that shouldn't mean he is bullet proof, he needs to be replaced, that's for certain. If he doesnt go, we'll face an exodus of our top players (undoing some superb work to get them in the first place) and will go backwards yet again.

Get rid.

I haven't been right all along, I didn't think he was capable of getting us to 5th and I didn't think he was capable of getting us to play some of the football that we produced at the end of last season.  I just care about the club and want the best for it.  I really think he's holding us back massively and I don't have any time for him for that reason alone.

Newcastle winning is as good a feeling as you could ever wish for, losing and seeing us struggle is shit and we do it far too often and I can't see things getting much better for as long as we have Pardew.  Next season should see us win a few more games than this, even if he remains as we'll have less games and that will make some difference but the football will still be negative shite more often than not.

I think we might look back on the coming summer and say "what if" in the same way as we do now when looking back on when Keegan almost got us the league or when Bobby was sacked and we brought in Souness.  We'll look back and think "what if we'd got rid of him in that summer and brought in a better manager."  I'm sick to death of looking back and thinking "what if" because it's shit and avoidable in this case as it was when Souness was appointed.

Also, sorry for doing your head in.  :lol: 

This is what I'm thinking, Ashley's all about value for money and I can't see him being happy with the manager on that score.

The main thing you hear about is the contract but it sounds like it's not worth the paper it's written on.  Conjecture?  Perhaps, but we know Ashley doesn't just throw money at things in a risky fashion, so I'd be amazed if it would cost us a great deal to bin Pardew.

The only argument that I hear for him being very safe that holds much credence with me is the idea that Pardew is a manager that Ashley/Llambias can control - he'll tow the party line and not kick up much of a fuss.  This is true I suppose, and they haven't done very well with managers so they might want to stick with one that did achieve something (5th last year).

However we've seen instances of dissent from Pardew this year with regards to transfer policy so that dynamic may be wearing thin.  You know what Ashley and Llambias are like, they're always keen to give themselves a pat on the back but they're actually getting there it seems, and it's sort of deserved (last summer's penny pinching aside).  There isn't a hope in hell they'll let Pardew ruin that for them long term, we'll just have to see if the penny drops with them in the summer or later on.

8 year contract lol

Sick

That's from what I've heard but even if that is indeed the case, the 8 year contract was a ridiculous (and stupid) idea to begin with. A yearly review would have sufficed.

You'd make a shite PR man, sifu. :lol:

Plus the contract was put in place to wade off the likes of England and Barcelona, or at least ensure we were heavily compensated if Pardew was nabbed.

8 year contract lol

Sick

You'd make a s**** PR man, sifu. :lol:

Plus the contract was put in place to wade off the likes of England and Barcelona, or at least ensure we were heavily compensated if Pardew was nabbed.

Hence why I'm not in PR :pow:

"I think we've grown accustomed to the demands of that competition to know what we need to do on the Sunday after"

From his press conference.

"We was tired from Fursday I fink"

After our lifeless draw tomorrow.

Sacking Pardew, shortly after giving him an 8 year contract, would make Ashley and Lambias look like mugs, so Pardew has some inherent protection there and, as we all know, it's not going to happen if we survive.

It's just so frustrating, when NUFC are such a big part of your life, that we have to suffer this crap.

As someone said earlier, we must have done something real bad in our previous lives.

Guest Dontooner

Which ever way it is, without a crystal ball i think Pardew will be off in the next three games if we pick up very little points

or if we survived he might last till Dec with an under performing team again.

Just want a better manager to allow our players fulfill their potential.

I don't think it would make them look like mugs, I think this season's made them look like mugs and so would another season that resembled it. They're not arsed what people think anyway but I do think they'll want to see results on the pitch.

Sacking Pardew, shortly after giving him an 8 year contract, would make Ashley and Lambias look like mugs, so Pardew has some inherent protection there and, as we all know, it's not going to happen if we survive.

It's just so frustrating, when NUFC are such a big part of your life, that we have to suffer this crap.

As someone said earlier, we must have done something real bad in our previous lives.

Not sure they give a shit about what the layman thinks given past actions.

I'm in favour of giving Pardew next year to prove one way ot another if he's as good as ~5th or as bad as ~15th, but if it's as clear cut that he's shite as some make out then he'll be gone by next January anyway IMO.

My bet is that we'll be somewhere in between.

I'm in favour of giving Pardew next year to prove one way ot another if he's as good as ~5th or as bad as ~15th, but if it's as clear cut that he's shite as some make out then he'll be gone by next January anyway IMO.

My bet is that we'll be somewhere in between.

Even if we play as we do? Or have other factors been that significant? FWIW I agree with not kneejerking a sacking but christ the prognosis is bleak footballwise.

If have to agree with that,last season was fantastic,this season has been a nightmare.

Last season our football wasn't great,but he still got us 5th with Danny Simpson and Williamson playing most of the season  :D

This season has been poor from the start,injuries and Europa haven't helped.

Next season is his decider,he's got a quality squad to work with which may become even stronger and more in-depth over the summer,no European football next season so there really is no excuses.

I hope we improve in our style and stop shitting ourselves once we take the lead.

Mind you,lose tomorrow and dare I say,lose the derby,the owners will seriously have to consider his position.

If have to agree with that,last season was fantastic,this season has been a nightmare.

Last season our football wasn't great,but he still got us 5th with Danny Simpson and Williamson playing most of the season  :D

Next season is his decider,he's got a quality squad to work with which may become even stronger and more in-depth over the summer,no European football next season so there really is no excuses.

I hope we improve in our style and stop shitting ourselves once we take the lead.

Mind you,lose tomorrow and dare I say,lose the derby,the owners will seriously have to consider his position.

exactly how i see it. especially the bit about shitting it after taking the lead as i see it that we can't handle pressure as opposed to it being a tactic or plan to sit back after taking a lead.

exactly how i see it. especially the bit about shitting it after taking the lead as i see it that we can't handle pressure as opposed to it being a tactic or plan to sit back after taking a lead.

Sounds pretty far-fetched to me.

When we scored first last season we won 19, drew 1 and lost 3 in the league. What's changed?

Our defence. I don't remember us struggling to defend a lead last season much. We absorbed pressure well and could see out games. I don't think actually we can wholly blame Pardew for this one, does seem to be a confidence problem at CB, but he did demonstrate he could organise a good defence. Collocini's issues off the field have had a huge impact imo.

When we scored first last season we won 19, drew 1 and lost 3 in the league. What's changed?

Christ we've only won 9 all season. 

Oh dear...what a difference a year makes.