Alan Pardew

Dave

I fail to see what he did wrong personally, if we opened up they would have scored a lot sooner as they are a superior football team.

The plan was perfect but it wasn't executed to said perfection sadly :(.

There are other ways to play FFS! For 70 minutes we simply did f*** all. You don't have to open up and be all gung ho to win 2-0. But our idiot of a manager didnt know this.

I know that but you must realise by now Pardew isn't capable of that? you are asking him to do things he isn't capable of.

The plan was fine, sadly we couldn't take the chances we did have.

Well that's fucking ridiculous.

What I find funny is that for the first sixty minutes or so the game was going to plan for both managers, strange situation :lol:

YEah am sure befica had a ranging hard on knowing that if they had out for 20 miutes at the end they would go through.

I fail to see what he did wrong personally, if we opened up they would have scored a lot sooner as they are a superior football team.

There are other ways to play FFS! For 70 minutes we simply did f*** all. You don't have to open up and be all gung ho to win 2-0. But our idiot of a manager didnt know this.

I know that but you must realise by now Pardew isn't capable of that? you are asking him to do things he isn't capable of.

That's the thing though, you can't have a manager who isn't capable of managing. It's not about Pardew tonight, it's about the club moving forward. Many of us are completely tired waiting for him to become something he's not that while most on here think he'll eat some type of magic potion and become that excellent next Sir Alex or whatever because he's a likeable guy.

Guest Dontooner

I love the way people blame Pardew for how everything that happens in all our games. Did no one see Benfica harassing us and getting pretty much everyone behind the ball every time we even looked to attack first half? I swear some people just see a football pitch with only our players on it and just expect us to tear teams to shreds.

I think some people have genuine concern for our style of play. If anything people who gives credit to Pardew time and time again are those who probably don't see football enough outside of our club.

I'm not being harsh on Pardew tonight, he did what he was capable of, but I do disagree with his approach.

Simply the truth , frog in the well situation , they dont know the standard of football in 2013. Even the lower teams in the EPL dont play Hoof ball anymore...such a waste of a group of good attacking players.

Quite shocked to read some people's posts here, thought he got it horrendously wrong the entire first half, it was fucking embarrassing to watch.

Looked so much better once we brought some decent players on, but we should have had a creative player on from the off.  I think most folk called how the first half was going to go once they saw the teamsheet.

What I find funny is that for the first sixty minutes or so the game was going to plan for both managers, strange situation :lol:

YEah am sure befica had a ranging hard on knowing that if they had out for 20 miutes at the end they would go through.

What? :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

The plan wasn't fine at all. It relied in Benfica not scoring, and us scoring twice in 20 minutes. We only scored once in 90 against this lot when we were actually quite attacking. The plan was fucking awful and guaranteed to fail. I just knew Benfica were going tis score at some point. Hopefully he will have the good grace to refun the fans their ticket money...

I love the way people blame Pardew for how everything that happens in all our games. Did no one see Benfica harassing us and getting pretty much everyone behind the ball every time we even looked to attack first half? I swear some people just see a football pitch with only our players on it and just expect us to tear teams to shreds.

I think some people have genuine concern for our style of play. If anything people who gives credit to Pardew time and time again are those who probably don't see football enough outside of our club.

I'm not being harsh on Pardew tonight, he did what he was capable of, but I do disagree with his approach.

This would be me, the style of play is the thing i hate. I want decent football, attacking football and it's never happening under Pardew.

2 years is long enough to see what football he wants us to play, and it's ugly mostly defensive tripe imo.

My main problem with him as well, when we attack everything is so slow and dull.. and that shouldn't be the case with some of the players we have, especially when you see clubs all over Europe with inferior players playing better football than us each week.

So unlucky tonight I thought - was handicapped by the 2 disastrous errors from the first leg and a long list of key injuries but almost masterminded the perfect game.

yep he did and still gets stick, haters crawling out the woodwork- disappeared when we got the goal the sad sacks.

Well that's f***ing ridiculous.

What i mean by that is attack teams and remaining solid defensively, we would have been picked apart under Pardew if we tried it.

He just isn't capable of getting a team to attack and remain solid at the back its either solid at the back and hardly score or score loads and concede loads.

Considering his limitations the plan he went with was the only viable option.

I would have played Marveaux instead of Bigi from the start though.

My problem today is the neglection of Marveaux. First, how on earth can you defend putting Bigi as a winger over him? Second, choosing Shola over him at half time? I would love to hear his thoughts behind those decisions.

This would be me, the style of play is the thing i hate. I want decent football, attacking football and it's never happening under Pardew.

2 years is long enough to see what football he wants us to play, and it's ugly mostly defensive tripe imo.

Everyone is different though, hopefully in the future we will get our wishes bimpy. I just don't agree with anyone criticizing my view on football because I don't like the approach of our manager. Trying to look at the bigger picture as some suggest. Why would we let a far superior offensive team get at us instead of getting at their weaknesses from the off?

I said it pre-game and I'll said it post-game, only a miracle would've gotten us through after Pardew set the team up the way he did.

What? :lol:

It came out a mess but basically i was trying to agree and add more to it but ive given up...Pardew bores me.  :lol:

i see most have already brought what the salesman Pardew had sold to them pre match interview.

‘There’s only one team which has beaten them by two clear goals, and that’s Barcelona,’ Pardew said.

‘That’s the size of the task, so we are under no illusions there. This is a Champions League team, really. That’s the quality we are up against. We have to approach the game in the right manner and try to get to the end of the game in a position where we can get it back.’

What would your starting lineup have been?

Marv for Bigi.

Easy.

Why not HBA for Bigi?

Guest bimpy474

Do any of the haters who are now crying  think we couldnt do it at 80 mins?

We had a 10 minute spell and then ran out of steam when Benfica had re organised themselves.

10 minutes out of 90 is fucking terrible.

Exactly, I'd imagine I'm classed as a "hater" and was horrified to see the lineup, the pre-match comments, and the first 70 minutes as I'm proud of our club and would always like to see us go out to get teams.  Most weeks we don't even try to, yet I'm a "hater" for criticising the man responsible.

cp40 - you've been watching us for years.  I hate watching this shite in general.  How do you feel about watching it?

I dont like aspects of our game, but I understand the bigger picture and accept, as I anticipate better things next season.

edit, and I love being in euro quater finals and feel proud

Based on what though CP. Do you think we will start playing better football, passing football, be more positive and not negative worrying about the opposition, rather than focusing on our strengths.

If you think all that, well i hope your right, but personally i think you must be going mad if you think Pardew will do any of that.

i see most have already brought what the salesman Pardew had sold to them pre match interview.

‘There’s only one team which has beaten them by two clear goals, and that’s Barcelona,’ Pardew said.

‘That’s the size of the task, so we are under no illusions there. This is a Champions League team, really. That’s the quality we are up against. We have to approach the game in the right manner and try to get to the end of the game in a position where we can get it back.’

Marv for Bigi.

Easy.

Why not HBA for Bigi?

Because HBA has been injured for a while. Well I would've started both of them easily if they were both fit.

Marv for Bigi.

Easy.

Why not HBA for Bigi?

Because HBA has been injured for a while. Well I would've started both of them easily if they were both fit.

:thup:

We had a 10 minute spell and then ran out of steam when Benfica had re organised themselves.

10 minutes out of 90 is fucking terrible.

Exactly, I'd imagine I'm classed as a "hater" and was horrified to see the lineup, the pre-match comments, and the first 70 minutes as I'm proud of our club and would always like to see us go out to get teams.  Most weeks we don't even try to, yet I'm a "hater" for criticising the man responsible.

cp40 - you've been watching us for years.  I hate watching this shite in general.  How do you feel about watching it?

I dont like aspects of our game, but I understand the bigger picture and accept, as I anticipate better things next season.

Based on what though CP. Do you think we will start playing better football, passing football, be more positive and not negative worrying about the opposition, rather than focusing on our strengths.

If you think all that, well i hope your right, but personally i think you must be going mad if you think Pardew will do any of that.

yes, I do- if not you can fill your boots and i will be humbled.

10 minutes out of 90 is f***ing terrible.

cp40 - you've been watching us for years.  I hate watching this s**** in general.  How do you feel about watching it?

Spot on. Asked the exact same thing. And I feel the same. Everyone who believes in Pardew deserve credit for believing and I hope to god you guys are right. Personally, there is just no way that's possible in my mind :lol:

So unlucky tonight I thought - was handicapped by the 2 disastrous errors from the first leg and a long list of key injuries but almost masterminded the perfect game.

:lol: :lol:

For someone who was at pains to point out how much of a tosser I was towards people who didn't have the same view as me, you're becoming awfully proficient at playing that role.

The plan wasn't fine at all. It relied in Benfica not scoring, and us scoring twice in 20 minutes. We only scored once in 90 against this lot when we were actually quite attacking. The plan was fucking awful and guaranteed to fail. I just knew Benfica were going tis score at some point. Hopefully he will have the good grace to refun the fans their ticket money...

Exactly. He basically tried to win 2-0 inside the final 20 mins. Benfica are not a good team defensively, but we waited until the last half hour before putting on the players to test them. Bigirimana FFS.