Alan Pardew

Dave

We sit too deep. When we finally started playing first 30min of the second half there was always a chance of a couter attack goal and game over. Cisse goal was onside and if that had stood would have been a different game.

I honestly believe that you could take any manager of reasonable intelligence and just flat out refuse to sack them for several years, and they'd turn out to be decent just as a function of experience and knowing the club better than anyone else. This is, of course, assuming that you don't get relegated in the mean time.

Aside from a few genius-level exceptions like Mourinho, I just don't think there's a whole lot of difference in aptitude for the vast majority of professional managers. The ones who survive longer in the game whom we tend to think of as "decent managers" are just the ones who produce better short-term results.

If it were up to me, the only cases where I would sack a manager would be completely losing the dressing room (Souness), complete inability to work with management (in which case they'll probably just walk anyway), or blatant insanity (Kinnear).

My rational side still believes this.

Every other part of me wants nothing more than to wake up in the morning to the news that we sacked the fucker.

Guest palnese

Out of Europa and losing 3-0 at home to the mackems in the space of a few days.

All down to his tactics, or lack of.

I know we've had some right shit managers over the years, but he's probably the worst of them. We've got some cracking players, and he makes them look so bad.

God, I hate this horrible cunt.

Got it wrong today. Clearly a mistake to play Jonas instead of Haidara and there was just far too much long ball and not enough penetration.

As if he was ever going to drop Jonas man :lol:

New poll, should Pardew be sacked:

A. Right now

B. In the morning

C. End of the season

D. End of his contract (I'm a wanker)

Did I want Pardew in the first place? - No

Do I think he sets his teams out of play attractive football? - No

Do I think there's an obvious man out there to replace him? - No

We've chopped and changed so much in recent years and it's got us f*** all. Rebuilding processes that never get done before the next man is sacked.

Given the squad he's built (or Carr has), I'd look around for a potential replacement in the Summer and give him the first 5 games of next season.

Failing that, see if Laudrup is a sadist and wants the job.

I don't understand people saying things like this, that would be the worst time possible to replace a manager.

Yeah you're probably right, we did it once with Bobby and it was a shocking decision. Not really thinking straight about it after that performance.

On the one hand I really do think finishing 5th and signing the players he has deserves to give him more time. On the other, given how we've played for the majority of the season (even taking injuries and not really replacing Ba into account) I wish we had a manager who could get us playing in a more entertaining fashion.

Basically what I'd like is a real life Football Manager holiday scenario where we could holiday for half of next season and if the players have gelled and we're doing great keep him, if it's this same old clueless nonsense, get rid and start the season again :D

We sit too deep. When we finally started playing first 30min of the second half there was always a chance of a couter attack goal and game over. Cisse goal was onside and if that had stood would have been a different game.

Can't exactly dwell on that considering they could/should have had 2 pens.

I honestly believe that you could take any manager of reasonable intelligence and just flat out refuse to sack them for several years, and they'd turn out to be decent just as a function of experience and knowing the club better than anyone else. This is, of course, assuming that you don't get relegated in the mean time.

Aside from a few genius-level exceptions like Mourinho, I just don't think there's a whole lot of difference in aptitude for the vast majority of professional managers. The ones who survive longer in the game whom we tend to think of as "decent managers" are just the ones who produce better short-term results.

If it were up to me, the only cases where I would sack a manager would be completely losing the dressing room (Souness), complete inability to work with management (in which case they'll probably just walk anyway), or blatant insanity (Kinnear).

My rational side still believes this.

Every other part of me wants nothing more than to wake up in the morning to the news that we sacked the f***er.

Well and then again you know very little of the sport so. :p