Alan Pardew

Dave

Pardew has got this week horribly horribly wrong. On this fact alone he should be given his p45.

Benfica were there for the taking, and fuck me what was that today? He's not the only one to blame of course. Jonas, Tiote and Cabaye's zero leadership were hugely detrimental to our game.

He needs to go. I am terrified of relegation, and I REALLY don't think I can handle it going to the wire, and having to beat Arsenal at home to stay up.

Defended him up to now but he can fuck off. Not just because we lost to Sunderland but because we were humiliated by one of the worst sides in the league and we've looked like we're not arsed for too long.

We sit too deep. When we finally started playing first 30min of the second half there was always a chance of a couter attack goal and game over. Cisse goal was onside and if that had stood would have been a different game.

First 2 sentences sound like the Benfica game.

Seriously I have never been this ashamed of a Tyne-Wear derby performance as I am today. Even in the relegation season we gave it a good go and in Gullit's reign we at least kept it respectable. Players didn't give one flying fuck today and given Pardew's negative pre-match comments it can't be a coincidence.

Did I want Pardew in the first place? - No

Do I think he sets his teams out of play attractive football? - No

Do I think there's an obvious man out there to replace him? - No

We've chopped and changed so much in recent years and it's got us f*** all. Rebuilding processes that never get done before the next man is sacked.

Given the squad he's built (or Carr has), I'd look around for a potential replacement in the Summer and give him the first 5 games of next season.

Failing that, see if Laudrup is a sadist and wants the job.

I don't understand people saying things like this, that would be the worst time possible to replace a manager.

Yeah you're probably right, we did it once with Bobby and it was a shocking decision. Not really thinking straight about it after that performance.

On the one hand I really do think finishing 5th and signing the players he has deserves to give him more time. On the other, given how we've played for the majority of the season (even taking injuries and not really replacing Ba into account) I wish we had a manager who could get us playing in a more entertaining fashion.

Basically what I'd like is a real life Football Manager holiday scenario where we could holiday for half of next season and if the players have gelled and we're doing great keep him, if it's this same old clueless nonsense, get rid and start the season again :D

He deserves no credit at all for signing the players. That's Carr and the board.

He deserves some credit for 5th, but that was largely due to the players being new and un-Pardewed. This season, he's coached all the life and movement out of them and we're getting worse, not better, under his tenure. It's visible for all to see.

Guest bimpy474

We sit too deep. When we finally started playing first 30min of the second half there was always a chance of a couter attack goal and game over. Cisse goal was onside and if that had stood would have been a different game.

First 2 sentences sound like the Benfica game.

And virtually every other game we've played under this idiot.

Got it wrong today. Clearly a mistake to play Jonas instead of Haidara and there was just far too much long ball and not enough penetration.

As if he was ever going to drop Jonas man :lol:

New poll, should Pardew be sacked:

A. Right now

B. In the morning

C. End of the season

D. End of his contract (I'm a w*****)

I dont want him sacked, i want him hung, hung outside the big market and used by kebab shops as meat.

The silence is fucking deafening from some.

Exactly, i just want them to come and defend that. And explain why we are called haters for not wanting a manager as bad as Pardew.

Haters getting carried away here that was nowt to do with the manager man.

:troll:

fuck him, lost me today, unforgiveable that like.

Defended him up to now but he can f*** off. Not just because we lost to Sunderland but because we were humiliated by one of the worst sides in the league and we've looked like we're not arsed for too long.

Not the first time this season we have been bossed by one of the crapper teams.

I was going to say keep him till the summer, before today and then sack him but we play such shit football, create fuck all and defend like a conference side, we're going to struggle to pick up any more points this season. He has to go now, it's just getting embarrassing now, it's so obvious our squad doesn't practice playing as a team in training, it's like they've just met each other, week in week out.

I read somewhere that the only reliable indicator of (final) league position is players' wages.

On this indicator alone he must be vastly underperforming.

To look at the players he has had at his disposal this season and then watch the abject, clueless and pointless hoofing to no-one in particular is heart breaking.

We've chopped and changed so much in recent years and it's got us f*** all. Rebuilding processes that never get done before the next man is sacked.

Given the squad he's built (or Carr has), I'd look around for a potential replacement in the Summer and give him the first 5 games of next season.

We did that under Freddie Shepherd, when we'd sack managers a few games into the new season and then find that most other managers already in employment would rule themselves out because they don't want to leave their current clubs so soon into the new season (having just spent the summer persuading new players to join them).

The absolute primary reason why this club has sucked so badly at appointing the right man since Sir Bobby's dismissal is that we seem to have nothing resembling a well researched, educated, informed, and thoroughly planned approach to appointing managers. It has usually been done on a whim, often after sacking the last guy, and pretty much never involves considering talented managers from abroad (last one was Sir Bobby himself).

If we want to appoint a new manager, it needs to be early in the summer, long before a ball has been kicked. Ideally, bring him in now, give him a few games to get to know the players, and don't waste the summer transfer budget on players Pardew wants (and I'd harbour a guess that he'll be wanting to bring in players who'll suit the direct/long ball approach).

Guest bimpy474

The silence is fucking deafening from some.

Exactly, i just want them to come and defend that. And explain why we are called haters for not wanting a manager as bad as Pardew.

Haters getting carried away here that was nowt to do with the manager man.

:troll:

fuck him, lost me today, unforgiveable that like.

I'm glad you come around, not happy about it as we lost but fuck me is he rubbish or what.

The football cp, the state of our football, it's becoming some of the worst i've seen going forward.

Got it wrong today. Clearly a mistake to play Jonas instead of Haidara and there was just far too much long ball and not enough penetration.

As if he was ever going to drop Jonas man :lol:

New poll, should Pardew be sacked:

A. Right now

B. In the morning

C. End of the season

D. End of his contract (I'm a w*****)

I dont want him sacked, i want him hung, hung outside the big market and used by kebab shops as meat.

Nah Kebab meat is too good for him, sell him as a hot dog or some shit.

Think the players just weren't fired up for this, so it's no fault of Pardew in my opinion.

They were simply the better side today, fair play to them. All of you shouting for his head, how predictable.