Alan Pardew

Dave

I want to know why those who have faith in Pardew actually do so? What is it about him do you believe that he is the man to take this club forward with the current squad that we have got? I will admit he is a good man manager as the players seem to like him but when it comes to tactics - can you please tell me what it is about him that you rate so highly?

Anybody?

Go on then. For a start, I don't rate him highly or even have that much faith in him. That's even more the case after today. However, my position all along has been that he deserves next season based on last year alone. I saw enough during that season that I could be happy with as a supporter going forward. If things haven't improved after the start of next season, he should be replaced. I don't have very much faith that he'd be adequately replaced mind.

As you say, he's obviously a good man manager and the players like him. I crave some form of stability here and, if he can reach the heights of last season again, I don't have any real personal dislike of him to prevent me wanting him as our manager.

That's your opinion but my opinion of your opinion is that you only looked at result. Cause we were nowhere good enough last season for large spells to say we should've been happy with how we played.

I can break down last season to you. We had a great unbeaten run in the beginning where confidence was high and the team was buzzing. The first difficult opposition we played we lost though. From losing that first game and forward we were not playing well and I'd like to remember in as much of a tactical mess as now and our early season run was holding us from falling down the table. We then reached a point in february where we were so terrible I couldn't stand watching us play. We bought Cisse and started playing Ben Arfa, the results changed and we rode their form all the way to the end. At no point was this team except the Man U game, tactically great. We were riding a lot of individual brilliances.

Might seem harsh but that's how I saw last season and I remember Mick agreeing with me. I knew this was going to happen as soon as players started to hit rough patches like this season and injuries started hitting us. We relied heavily on our top players to perform.

Not enough rewriting of history and arrogance for my liking.

Not much wrong in what he's written.

Don't mind being a long ball team but i do when the midfield consists of Tiote, Gouffran, Marveaux, Sissoko and Cabaye ffs.

How hard can it be to play to a teams strengths :facepalm:

We looked just as s*** playing in on the deck today. If anything, the option to play effective long ball may have won us the game. Sadly we have no real outlet for it.

And with Tiote as the deepest midfielder frankly I think hoofball would be less dangerous.

Mainly because of how deep we were, in any case hoofball is out of the question when Cisse is your centre forward.

I just wish you'd stop trying to imply we have this really talented, technical midfield. Our lot consistently struggle to keep the ball under and pressure and generally create not a bastarding thing.

Yet last season they were able to form some parts.

Without ever truly controlling games or creating lots of chances.

I want to know why those who have faith in Pardew actually do so? What is it about him do you believe that he is the man to take this club forward with the current squad that we have got? I will admit he is a good man manager as the players seem to like him but when it comes to tactics - can you please tell me what it is about him that you rate so highly?

Anybody?

Go on then. For a start, I don't rate him highly or even have that much faith in him. That's even more the case after today. However, my position all along has been that he deserves next season based on last year alone. I saw enough during that season that I could be happy with as a supporter going forward. If things haven't improved after the start of next season, he should be replaced. I don't have very much faith that he'd be adequately replaced mind.

As you say, he's obviously a good man manager and the players like him. I crave some form of stability here and, if he can reach the heights of last season again, I don't have any real personal dislike of him to prevent me wanting him as our manager.

That's your opinion but my opinion of your opinion is that you only looked at result. Cause we were nowhere good enough last season for large spells to say we should've been happy with how we played.

I can break down last season to you. We had a great unbeaten run in the beginning where confidence was high and the team was buzzing. The first difficult opposition we played we lost though. From losing that first game and forward we were not playing well and I'd like to remember in as much of a tactical mess as now and our early season run was holding us from falling down the table. We then reached a point in february where we were so terrible I couldn't stand watching us play. We bought Cisse and started playing Ben Arfa, the results changed and we rode their form all the way to the end. At no point was this team except the Man U game, tactically great. We were riding a lot of individual brilliances.

Might seem harsh but that's how I saw last season and I remember Mick agreeing with me. I knew this was going to happen as soon as players started to hit rough patches like this season and injuries started hitting us. We relied heavily on our top players to perform.

Not enough rewriting of history and arrogance for my liking.

:p

I never really understand this shape that he talks about us losing.

Alan, if we attack, and actually keep the ball, it doesn't matter about the fucking shape because we're actually going forward.

I've never known a manager more obsessed with keeping it tight, whilst the team completely fails at doing it. At least when Jose's teams are set up to not concede, they still go on and score 2 or 3. We're look desperate for 1-0 wins.

Don't mind being a long ball team but i do when the midfield consists of Tiote, Gouffran, Marveaux, Sissoko and Cabaye ffs.

We looked just as s*** playing in on the deck today. If anything, the option to play effective long ball may have won us the game. Sadly we have no real outlet for it.

And with Tiote as the deepest midfielder frankly I think hoofball would be less dangerous.

Mainly because of how deep we were, in any case hoofball is out of the question when Cisse is your centre forward.

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/andy-carroll-v-coventry2.jpg

You know it's gonna happen!

I just wish you'd stop trying to imply we have this really talented, technical midfield. Our lot consistently struggle to keep the ball under and pressure and generally create not a bastarding thing.

Mate you can get rid of this midfield and bring in a new one for £30m, with a manager that sets them up to play like wax dummies it won't make a jot of difference.

I quite agree. Still think too many players get away with too much on here.

Guest icemanblue

Jesus. That's grim.

You's are like Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Again, I haven't voted.

You're saying other fans deserve the team to get beat because of their opinion on the manager. I don't even know what that is.

Guest palnese

Does anyone see us getting another ten points? Because that's what we'd need to equal the season in which we sacked Hughton.

Is stability really all that?

I don't and stability is nothing if you don't have a manager capable of managing a side like ours. I don't want to sack Pardew now, he deserves to go in the summer, he doesn't deserve to get stick and the sack after today because that's all we are going to remember him for.

Get someone fresh as soon as the season is over, give that person enough backing to spend some money on the team maybe sell Tiote and maybe Santon (I wouldn't do it except a ridiculous amount of money though) and let's start fresh.

We are going to go around in circles otherwise.

Why give him the remaining games if we're going to sack him in a few months anyway? Get the bastard out now.

? There were games where Cabaye was creating goals from nothing. Cab - Tiote partnership was widely recognized as one of the best centremidfields in the league.

I didn't really imply that all i'm saying is that the style we are playing under Pardew is nowhere close to what suits what we have..... it isn't possession swansea like stuff either but it sure as hell isn't long ball.

Mate you can get rid of this midfield and bring in a new one for £30m, with a manager that sets them up to play like wax dummies it won't make a jot of difference.

I quite agree. Still think two many players get away with too much on here.

Which two?

Does anyone see us getting another ten points? Because that's what we'd need to equal the season in which we sacked Hughton.

Is stability really all that?

I don't and stability is nothing if you don't have a manager capable of managing a side like ours. I don't want to sack Pardew now, he deserves to go in the summer, he doesn't deserve to get stick and the sack after today because that's all we are going to remember him for.

Get someone fresh as soon as the season is over, give that person enough backing to spend some money on the team maybe sell Tiote and maybe Santon (I wouldn't do it except a ridiculous amount of money though) and let's start fresh.

We are going to go around in circles otherwise.

Why give him the remaining games if we're going to sack him in a few months anyway? Get the b****** out now.

No point in risking not getting another 3 points. That's what we need. We need to just let him get his season and then get him packing. Sacking him now will only force us to get a new manager in or using a interim manager which in my opinion will be the exact same thing.

I don't know about anyone else but I will find it hard to forgive Pardew for providing Do Canio the opportunity to strut around our ground fist-pumping in glory after winning 3-0. Do Canio had the balls to press us high up the pitch, and considering they were in serious relegation trouble that took some guts.

Nailed it. The fact that we gave that awful bloke the chance to walk around on our pitch beating his chest is unforgivable.

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/andy-carroll-v-coventry2.jpg

You know it's gonna happen!

If Pardew stays I'm all for Carroll. Rather him than launching balls at Ameobi and Cisse. Although I'd rather we stop living in old eras and started playing football on the deck. We have players capable of that.

Indeed. We're never going to achieve the attractive passing game everyone desires with the current mob, over 50% of the starting XI just aren't up to it technically.

Sissoko and Goufrann don't appear to be the most intricate types and we continue to rely on the likes of Tiote and Jonas.

To sum it up prefectly, he doesn't have the answers, he doesn't have the answers because he isn't even aware of the questions.

I think he is aware of the questions, the scary part is... He knows he doesn't have the answers.

Sadly for him more and more now have realised that even his strongest followers have found this out.

And his salesman bullshit sound bites no longer register.

Surely that's down to the manager not coaching a positive style into the team, ie on the training ground having our players pass and move, supporting each other when another team mate has the ball and playing triangles round the opposition? I mean not one of our players ever do any of this, no-one ever has any options on the ball apart from sideways or back to our defence.

Again, I haven't voted.

You're saying other fans deserve the team to get beat because of their opinion on the manager. I don't even know what that is.

I guess I am saying that they deserve it, they want him, they get what he delivers.

Indeed. We're never going to achieve the attractive padding game everyone desires with the current mob, over 50% of the starting XI just aren't up to it technically.

Sissoko and Goufrann don't appear to be the most intricate types and we continue to rely on the likes of Tiote and Jonas.

Whilst I agree about Jonas, and Tiote has been shocking all season, the rest is bollocks. The starting 11 is more than good enough to actually keep the ball and pass to each other. One man to blame for how bad they look at the moment.

Indeed. We're never going to achieve the attractive padding game everyone desires with the current mob, over 50% of the starting XI just aren't up to it technically.

Yet Gus Poyet's Brighton have run rings round us twice while Pardew's been in charge with worse players and better football. Sorry mate, but that's not going to wash.

Yet the mackems managed it? :lol:

You and Ronaldo are a hoot. Utterly obsessed with the manager and the wonderful job he's doing under difficult circumstances.