Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

The only thing that he has going for him is the fear of getting someone worse. That is it, all of it, everything. As a manager he has absolutely no redeeming features.

He fucked up today, like. No getting away from that. The Shola sub looked like panic and was made far too early. He also didn't address the defensive issues at half time. It would have made a lot more sense for Taylor to handle Graham, with Mapou picking up Sessegnon. Regardless, we gave them too much space in the final third time and time again. It wasn't too much of a shock that we got punished.

However, I don't think our wonderful players can be at all excused today. To a man, there was a complete absence of composure and concentration. They were also severely lacking in terms of aggression, something we haven't seen too often in these derbies.

He still gets next season, for me. As disappointing a result as this is, it won't my opinion completely. He, and the players, need this season to finish as quickly as possible. But, before that, they have the remaining games to begin the payback for this absolute mess.

What has he done to prove he deserves next season though? We're barely staving off relegation, bowed out in the Europa, and just got embarrassed by Sunderland at home. And somehow, he's managed to make our squad full of objectively very good players look like a L1 side all season.

Plenty of managers have been fired for far less. Pardew's not magically going to become a good manager during the offseason and steer us to the CL next year.

Guest bimpy474

He fucked up today, like. No getting away from that. The Shola sub looked like panic and was made far too early. He also didn't address the defensive issues at half time. It would have made a lot more sense for Taylor to handle Graham, with Mapou picking up Sessegnon. Regardless, we gave them too much space in the final third time and time again. It wasn't too much of a shock that we got punished.

However, I don't think our wonderful players can be at all excused today. To a man, there was a complete absence of composure and concentration. They were also severely lacking in terms of aggression, something we haven't seen too often in these derbies.

He still gets next season, for me. As disappointing a result as this is, it won't my opinion completely. He, and the players, need this season to finish as quickly as possible. But, before that, they have the remaining games to begin the payback for this absolute mess.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/bertstare/grand/bertstare-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2177.gif

Biggest criticism is that between the squad, Pards and his staff we haven't worked out how to take a corner that's worries the oppo in all this time. Scary, scary stuff for something that everyone else makes look so simple and everyone watching us play can see straight away.  To consistently make the same mistake over, and over, and over again is scary and an indictment on all involved.

I've been a Pardew supporter for a while now, thought he deserved a chance to build on last season.

All my goodwill disappeared today. And then some. 3-0 at home to the mackems? With no idea how to counteract basic aggressive tactics?

Fuck off. Seriously. And don't come back.

Cant ever get away from this now- its on his CV , and I think he will also be di canios bitch in future derbys, stuff of nightmares.

Di Canio owned him from the first minute to the last. When Pardew went to shake hands with the grinning fascist at the final whistle I half expected him to drop to one knee.

He fucked up today, like. No getting away from that. The Shola sub looked like panic and was made far too early. He also didn't address the defensive issues at half time. It would have made a lot more sense for Taylor to handle Graham, with Mapou picking up Sessegnon.

It's basic logic like this which should have set the alarm bells ringing far earlier for some people here, as it isn't the first time it's happened. I didn't bother quoting the rest of the post because it wasn't worth repeating.

Cant ever get away from this now- its on his CV , and I think he will also be di canios bitch in future derbys, stuff of nightmares.

Di Canio owned him from the first minute to the last. When Pardew went to shake hands with the grinning fascist at the final whistle I half expected him to drop to one knee.

Regular Neville Chamberlain this Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: Ouch. I've posted, at least. Can't be accused of avoiding the thread. Have a good night, lads.

Very true, it is like a viper pit tonight like.

By the way, you're very mental. :lol:

:lol: Man against boy in every way today. Di Canio firing his players up for 90 mins and Pardew just staring at his notepad.

The tiredness quotes are strange given that we only played for 20 mins on Thursday :iamatwat:

I want to know why those who have faith in Pardew actually do so? What is it about him do you believe that he is the man to take this club forward with the current squad that we have got? I will admit he is a good man manager as the players seem to like him but when it comes to tactics - can you please tell me what it is about him that you rate so highly?

Anybody?

:lol: Ouch. I've posted, at least. Can't be accused of avoiding the thread. Have a good night, lads.

As insufferable as he is generally, he's entitled to his opinion. I'd rather hear why he thinks Pards should get another year than dismiss his post with a fitting, well-placed gif, as I'm wont to do.

Guest bimpy474

As insufferable as he is generally, he's entitled to his opinion. I'd rather hear why he thinks Pards should get another year than dismiss his post with a fitting, well-placed gif, as I'm wont to do.

I was joking but he is mental, well ish.

Payback. :lol:

How can you get payback for allowing Di Canio the opportunity to celebrate like that at St James'?

Anyone who forgives or forgets today is a fucking cretin.

Payback is fucking impossible man! After today, Pardew's debt to us is more than the fucking combined debt of the Eurozone and the USA!