Alan Pardew

Dave

Our players are good enough but they are playing with no logical shape or tactics.

Nail on head.

I mean, it's fairly obvious at this point that Pardew simply has no fucking clue how to install a logical shape or proper tactics.

As much as I have more time for Pardew than most, I have to agree this happens far too often. Strangely we manage to be rigid but also all over the shop at the same time. He needs to raise his game next season.

You must be taking the piss Ian.

Our players are good enough but they are playing with no logical shape or tactics.

Nail on head.

As much as I have more time for Pardew than most, I have to agree this happens far too often. Strangely we manage to be rigid but also all over the shop at the same time. He needs to raise his game next season.

If he's here next season he'll be getting Di Canio's victorious fists pumped in his face again. God forbid.

Because we're stretched and too deep. When one of our 3 designated attacking players loses the ball, there's a mass of space for the opposition to attack into which means we get pulled all over. By pushing the defence higher up, we give the opposition less available space to play in if they do get the ball unless they want to play over the top of us and I can't see that working too often with the pace and athleticism of Yanga-Mbiwa.

We should attack as a team and defend as a team. We don't.

Nail on head.

:lol:

WUM.

I don't think he is. He's actually that clueless.

Guest firetotheworks

Pardew's response when questioned by a local journalist on the ridiculous amount of time we've went without scoring from a set piece.

"Yeah, thanks for reminding me of that."

Source: The Mag.

What a prick.

Pardew's response when questioned by a local journalist on the ridiculous amount of time we've went without scoring from a set piece.

What a prick.

Clearly because the Womping Willo hasn't seen the field for any sustained period recently.

GONE!!!

Waiting for this but wont happen.. :whatdidido:

What a prick.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/WhoDaMan/Sumplace/thumb/mocking.gif_thumb.jpg

Nail on head.

Of course it is, we have top 6 players but a conference manager, hopefully ( although i'm not holding my breath) we can at least get a manager who belongs in this league and not a few tiers below.

Guest bimpy474

There's nothing wrong with either of those as a set up, the problem is we have no movement and attacking play.

There's plenty wrong with only ever having 3, or 4 if a fullback joins in, players attacking. It's crazy. And our defence stays way too deep. There's nothing wrong with the 1st pic as a setup if you don't have the ball, but it's f***ing stupid way to try to score goals when you do have the ball. That's the problem.

We can play as image 1 when they have the ball, or deeper even if need be, but we just don't push up to the second image.

I dont mean the depth mate, i meant the actual formation itself. Same formation but pushed up is fine with good movement, should have made that clearer.

Oh for sure. That's really all formation 2 is: Formation 1 but pushed forward. Except Cabaye moves forward as well so there's only 1 holding midfielder, but it could still work (but be a bit less gung-ho) with Cabaye further back but I think that would be a waste of his talents, as we're seeing now.

I noticed a problem from the very start with Pardew concerning Tiote, when Hoots had him, he sat in front of the centre backs winning it and giving it simple. Now under Padrew, Tiote chases the ball like a puppy chasing a balloon. Instead of sitting in the middle winning it and giving it simple as he did under hoots.

And that position in front of our centre backs is a position always vacant under whatever so called formation Pardew uses, we are caught on the break so often with no one there, it's so poor it's untrue at times.

Guest icemanblue

He fucked up today, like. No getting away from that. The Shola sub looked like panic and was made far too early. He also didn't address the defensive issues at half time. It would have made a lot more sense for Taylor to handle Graham, with Mapou picking up Sessegnon. Regardless, we gave them too much space in the final third time and time again. It wasn't too much of a shock that we got punished.

However, I don't think our wonderful players can be at all excused today. To a man, there was a complete absence of composure and concentration. They were also severely lacking in terms of aggression, something we haven't seen too often in these derbies.

He still gets next season, for me. As disappointing a result as this is, it won't my opinion completely. He, and the players, need this season to finish as quickly as possible. But, before that, they have the remaining games to begin the payback for this absolute mess.

He f***ed up today, like. No getting away from that. The Shola sub looked like panic and was made far too early. He also didn't address the defensive issues at half time. It would have made a lot more sense for Taylor to handle Graham, with Mapou picking up Sessegnon. Regardless, we gave them too much space in the final third time and time again. It wasn't too much of a shock that we got punished.

However, I don't think our wonderful players can be at all excused today. To a man, there was a complete absence of composure and concentration. They were also severely lacking in terms of aggression, something we haven't seen too often in these derbies.

He still gets next season, for me. As disappointing a result as this is, it won't my opinion completely. He, and the players, need this season to finish as quickly as possible. But, before that, they have the remaining games to begin the payback for this absolute mess.

:suicide: