Alan Pardew

Dave

Don't mind being a long ball team but i do when the midfield consists of Tiote, Gouffran, Marveaux, Sissoko and Cabaye ffs.

How hard can it be to play to a teams strengths :facepalm:

We looked just as s*** playing in on the deck today. If anything, the option to play effective long ball may have won us the game. Sadly we have no real outlet for it.

And with Tiote as the deepest midfielder frankly I think hoofball would be less dangerous.

Mainly because of how deep we were, in any case hoofball is out of the question when Cisse is your centre forward.

I just wish you'd stop trying to imply we have this really talented, technical midfield. Our lot consistently struggle to keep the ball under and pressure and generally create not a bastarding thing.

Indeed. We're never going to achieve the attractive padding game everyone desires with the current mob, over 50% of the starting XI just aren't up to it technically.

Sissoko and Goufrann don't appear to be the most intricate types and we continue to rely on the likes of Tiote and Jonas.

Yet the mackems managed it? :lol:

You and Ronaldo are a hoot. Utterly obsessed with the manager and the wonderful job he's doing under difficult circumstances.

Are you permanently p*ssed or what? I've said Pardew needs to go in the summer since January. I just happen to think that a great deal of our players are largely talentless, gutless crap. It needs to be said for the same reasons.

Ronaldo a man of contradiction and bullshit, if a great deal of our players are talentless and gutless then why do pardew needs to go? Shouldnt you be applauding him for keeping us up from the bottom of the table?

Perhaps because it's hardly an achievement given the strength of the spine which is reasonable at worst?

I lived in France for over 10 years and am well aware of their general characteristics. They like life, the good bits, and are not very good at dealing with the challenging aspects, stoic and determined they are not. Do you think if Barton, Nolan and Carroll had been playing today we would have rolled over like that? I don't.

Losing at home to the mackems 3-0 should be an automatic sacking offence for any NUFC manager especially this one at the tail end of such a terrible season. I'm sure that Taylor is hurting tonight, but Pardew and the rest of the players they would never understand what it feels like to lose like this to Sunderland. That a team with the majority of the starting eleven being French, should roll over and play dead is no great surprise though, the French have been doing it for centuries.

What a stupid f***ing post. :lol:

Aye :lol: especially when you consider Taylor was f*cking awful.

Losing at home to the mackems 3-0 should be an automatic sacking offence for any NUFC manager especially this one at the tail end of such a terrible season. I'm sure that Taylor is hurting tonight, but Pardew and the rest of the players they would never understand what it feels like to lose like this to Sunderland. That a team with the majority of the starting eleven being French, should roll over and play dead is no great surprise though, the French have been doing it for centuries.

Agree - Seriously poor post Away Toon.  This is 2013 FFS.

I think Pardew has gotten a very easy ride from the fans so far this season, but I think today's game might be a turning point.

I'm amazed about how easy a ride he gets from the press, I guess he must be keeping them sweet.

I lived in France for over 10 years and am well aware of their general characteristics. They like life, the good bits, and are not very good at dealing with the challenging aspects, stoic and determined they are not. Do you think if Barton, Nolan and Carroll had been playing today we would have rolled over like that? I don't.

Didnt they take us to the Championship? Villa away ring any bells?

But we kept a better shape...

I think Pardew has gotten a very easy ride from the fans so far this season, but I think today's game might be a turning point.

You say that but a lot of twats on twitter are telling me about last year and stability :lol: not his fault the players were crap etc etc :lol:

Unfortunately we are a very small percentage of NUFC fans.

Didnt they take us to the Championship? Villa away ring any bells?

But we kept a better shape...

:lol: Far more "stable" side now.

Taylor was handed his arse on a plate by one of those pesky foreigners but this guy seems to think he was the one who stood proud. Amazing :lol:

Guest bimpy474

No but their manager would have been Hoots and not the idiot we have in charge now. Could you see Hoots talking about tiredness or being as negative as Pardew. If hoots was in charge of these players, well they wouldn't have surrendered like they did today.

FFS Hoots managed Birmingham in Europe and only just missed out on the Championship playoffs, with a squad smaller and less talented than ours before we spent money in January. Playing more games than us. Pardew is the problem, not the players. Although they do have to have some blame too.

Taylor was handed his arse on a plate by one of those pesky foreigners but this guy seems to think he was the one who stood proud. Amazing :lol:

I've just noticed that Pardew's a pesky foreigner too :D

What...on account of being a cockney? :lol:

Yeah I couldn't actually believe people were singing his name at the Reading game, before it obviously went completely tits up. Each to their own I guess, but I just can't support such a negative minded person.

What...on account of being a cockney? :lol:

We need a manager and 11 players all born in Newcastle! Only then will they understand how to win derby matches!

Don't mind being a long ball team but i do when the midfield consists of Tiote, Gouffran, Marveaux, Sissoko and Cabaye ffs.

We looked just as s*** playing in on the deck today. If anything, the option to play effective long ball may have won us the game. Sadly we have no real outlet for it.

And with Tiote as the deepest midfielder frankly I think hoofball would be less dangerous.

Mainly because of how deep we were, in any case hoofball is out of the question when Cisse is your centre forward.

I just wish you'd stop trying to imply we have this really talented, technical midfield. Our lot consistently struggle to keep the ball under and pressure and generally create not a bastarding thing.

Indeed. We're never going to achieve the attractive padding game everyone desires with the current mob, over 50% of the starting XI just aren't up to it technically.

Sissoko and Goufrann don't appear to be the most intricate types and we continue to rely on the likes of Tiote and Jonas.

You and Ronaldo are a hoot. Utterly obsessed with the manager and the wonderful job he's doing under difficult circumstances.

Are you permanently p*ssed or what? I've said Pardew needs to go in the summer since January. I just happen to think that a great deal of our players are largely talentless, gutless crap. It needs to be said for the same reasons.

Ronaldo a man of contradiction and bullshit, if a great deal of our players are talentless and gutless then why do pardew needs to go? Shouldnt you be applauding him for keeping us up from the bottom of the table?

Perhaps because it's hardly an achievement given the strength of the spine which is reasonable at worst?

Fucks sake!

You really should be supporting the mancs, chelski or citeh because you're expectations are so high we're never going to be able to meet them.

Oh, and I recommend Brazil for your national team.

The strength of the spine that's clearly been getting weaker by each game by game for well over a year, that's not just under achievement , that is distruction.

At no point did I suggest that Taylor played well, he didn't, but I bet he's as miserable as fuck now. He knows how much this game means as does Shola, who was shit too. Sunderland have three players that might get in our team and one of them is a Spurs player, and yet we were just hammered at home. Something is very wrong.

f***s sake!

You really should be supporting the mancs, chelski or citeh because you're expectations are so high we're never going to be able to meet them.

His expectations aren't that high, he wanted us to sign Harewood.  :lol:

I want to know why those who have faith in Pardew actually do so? What is it about him do you believe that he is the man to take this club forward with the current squad that we have got? I will admit he is a good man manager as the players seem to like him but when it comes to tactics - can you please tell me what it is about him that you rate so highly?

Anybody?

Go on then. For a start, I don't rate him highly or even have that much faith in him. That's even more the case after today. However, my position all along has been that he deserves next season based on last year alone. I saw enough during that season that I could be happy with as a supporter going forward. If things haven't improved after the start of next season, he should be replaced. I don't have very much faith that he'd be adequately replaced mind.

As you say, he's obviously a good man manager and the players like him. I crave some form of stability here and, if he can reach the heights of last season again, I don't have any real personal dislike of him to prevent me wanting him as our manager.

Last season we managed a run of good results as opposed to actually playing well thanks to Ba and Cisse. This season the Chickens have come home to roost.  I've yet to see anything from Pardew that makes me think he's a good manager.

At no point did I suggest that Taylor played well, he didn't, but I bet he's as miserable as fuck now. He knows how much this game means as does Shola, who was shit too. Sunderland have three players that might get in our team and one of them is a Spurs player, and yet we were just hammered at home. Something is very wrong.

Well duh.

At no point did I suggest that Taylor played well, he didn't, but I bet he's as miserable as f*** now. He knows how much this game means as does Shola, who was s*** too. Sunderland have three players that might get in our team and one of them is a Spurs player, and yet we were just hammered at home. Something is very wrong.

I'll give you a clue, check the thread title.

f***s sake!

His expectations aren't that high, he wanted us to sign Harewood.  :lol:

Mick preferred Nile Ranger.