Alan Pardew

Dave

Clueless today really and just comes out with the same sound bytes after defeats. Today just showed what a limited manager he is. The team is crying out for some better coaching from a new coach (if he is to stay) but that won't happen.

Just can't see Ashley getting rid of him though. Maybe if its the same old story 10 games in next season (assuming we're in the prem league)

It's bizarre how he doesn't seem to have picked up on the current trend of pressing high up the pitch. Barcelona and Spain have made it massively popular in the last few years, now everyone's doing it.

Apart from us. We only press when they get within thirty yards of our goal, so while we're getting pressed and subsequently resort to the long ball over and over again, the opposition regularly get deep into our half before we look interested.

He's so far behind the times, it's scary.

it would be suicidal to press up the pitch with the way our team is instructed to play.  You play a long ball whilst holding a high line and then lose the ball which we will, we're f***ed.  That is asking to be countered to death.

teams that have confidence in keeping the ball, or teams that are attacking in waves being on the front foot uses the high line.

Not even Pardew is that stupid.

Every team we play put our defenders under pressure when they have the ball, including the mackems.

i know im actually all for the pushing up and keeping a high line. But you cant do it under this coach. These players are way too conditioned in their ways now, you train for two years under this man in his twisted logic of what his idea of football is.  Which is filth, defensive, turgid, long ball, p*ss poor excuse of a counter attacking team.  Then one day you play the mackems and you tell them right, we going to go and get them! 

How do you expect them to transverse?  They only know one way that they are comfortable in playing now.

When and if we ever get a new manager, he is going to have to put this team through some serious rehabilitation process if we ever want to see a team capable of a passing game.

I think you are right unfortunately. I don't think it will take that long to get the players tuned to a more fluid passing game but it needs a manager who believes in it, not one who dips his toe in the water then throws on Shola at the first setback.

There are a lot of things to dislike about Pardew's management style but I thought he didn't get too much wrong today, we were the better side for decent periods in the match.

Ok. Enlighten me why you think that? I don't want to ridicule your post so I want honest reasons to why. Because there's no way we watched the same game.

We started the game the right way, we nearly got in behind a couple of times with Gouffran and Cisse. Mignolet came to their rescue.  As the half went on they grew in confidence, began to hassle us on the ball we needed a rocket at half time. Again we came out and put the pressure on and should have been level. As the half went on we were blowing steam and were duly picked off. The biggest error was shoe-horning Jonas into left back.

he was tactically mangled today by a fella who's experience is a season in league 2 and half a season in league 1.

This isn't a one off, he gets done tactically on regular occasion.

nothing on this mans CV suggests its going to get better from here.

Get him out.

I think what jarred me most was that Di Canio was so bullish from before the kick off, then he took it out onto the touchline as if he owned St James Park. Not for one minute of that 90 did he look like the manager under pressure and going into this game that's just unbelievable. Pardew should have been burying Sunderland today and he ended up resurrecting them.

Just seen his interview on NUFC TV.

"We've got a free week to work on our shape to make sure we're solid going into the final five games"

Aye, you work on that shape.

It's appalling. He's had 30months for that ffs.

I'm not feeling too bad tonight actually, the thought of going into next week with more of a solid shape has me buzzing with excitement.

Boring arsehole.

He's really come out fighting in that interview.

Fucking hell. It's closing in on the feelings I had about Souness.

I'm not feeling too bad tonight actually, the thought of going into next week with more of a solid shape has me buzzing with excitement.

Boring arsehole.

Whatever floats your boat. Who am I to judge? :lol:

He is such a boring twat, like. Feel for those that pay to go see us play under him. I certainly won't be again whilst he's still here. Haven't been up all season because of it.

Guest firetotheworks

Those shape comments are spectacularly bad like. Why is someone that can't see what almost everyone else can see in charge of the team ffs. It's fucking daft. He's the George Lazenby of football managers.