Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Dontooner

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was s*** from everyone, not just the manager.

As much as the players let us the fans down, i would merit that it was Pardew that has let the players down this season.

what can you really achieve when you have poor instructions ??

Have all of us never played football before??

I did like 20 odd years ago, believe me organize football and amateurs do not compete at the same level.

All down to training coaching routines and fitness.

We are poor in all those aspects on the highest professional level. Why do our players look better at their international teams?? Obviously because they are better drilled there.

Pardew has let this team of players down massively this season especially us fans when he kept lying to us about the carpet football or front foot brand shit he touted.

When a team do not perform who do you do sack 1st ,the players or the Manager??

Who is then responsible in that sort of respects??

Piss poor Manager, fluke a season without delivering performances to match and probably thinks he is more than he really is. What a fraud, hate his arrogance.

His plan was non-existent yesterday but he was badly let down by some of his so called star players too.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was s*** from everyone, not just the manager.

Is it not the managers job to motivate the players and get performances out of them? While I agree had this been a one off, its totally symptomatic of the season, and ultimately something that deep is management related.

It's the managers job to motivate and develop a tactical plan and also play to our strengths. Krul is so uncomfortable and shit at kicking the ball out that we have to keep the ball on the ground. We need players actually busting a gut to get into positions and putting opposition to the cosh. We just mess around with the ball and make so many needless mistakes it's unreal. We are not even organised anymore, I am shocked he still has a job

Guest WashyGeordie

Pardew before the match was moaning about how the team would be tired and unprepared for this match and that's exactly what happened on the pitch. The players didn't perform but it's not a surprise in my mind after Pardews pre-game comments.

His pre-game comments were really absurd, surely it's his job to prepare them ffs?!

He even said sunlan' were the favourites aswell! Er, what? When they had one fit (average) forward and a number of injuries etc.

It really wasn't good enough, and I'm afraid he's lost me now tbh.

That's quite a few times you read him saying he thinks he should have done things differently. I do admire the honesty of it but i keep worrying that he doesn't have the perception to get those kind of decisions right the first time.

It's just an unorganised mess at the minute. The team is all over the place. I suppose in that regard, he's right to sort the shape out but fucking hell, he's had years with the majority of the players, surely there should be a blueprint by now where the vast majority know what they're doing. I doubt it'll make much difference though, he doesn't seem to know his players' strengths.

Absolutely.

Is it not the managers job to motivate the players and get performances out of them? While I agree had this been a one off, its totally symptomatic of the season, and ultimately something that deep is management related.

couldn't agree more, blame the players for a one off routing amid generally decent or good form....consistent shite with good players is something else entirely

“Sometimes you can’t match the opposition. We couldn’t do that. We physically couldn’t do that.”

:(

You can with clever players.

He really is all about the fitness and 'intensity'. We have the players to take the sting out of a load of overhyped headless chickens. We genuinely do.

“Sometimes you can’t match the opposition. We couldn’t do that. We physically couldn’t do that.”

:(

You can with clever players.

He really is all about the fitness and 'intensity'. We have the players to take the sting out of a load of overhyped headless chickens. We genuinely do.

exposing his ignorance here really isn't he?  if you train your team (at home no less) to keep the ball and pass it around as you say you can negate fit/motivated players of poorer quality when you have good technical players like we do

unfortunately that's not in his book of "how to stop the opposition by being terrified of your own shadow", the stupid cunt

Devastated he's still here. :(

He better get us another 4points. He probably will end this season on some sort of magical run and everything will be forgotten...

I'm praying for 'moments of magic' in our last few games. Can't see us getting any points otherwise with our disjointed performances.

He better get us another 4points. He probably will end this season on some sort of magical run and everything will be forgotten...

I'm praying for 'moments of magic' in our last few games. Can't see us getting any points otherwise with our disjointed performances.

HBA or cisse wonder goals, right out of pards playbook

HBA or cisse wonder goals, right out of pards playbook

Sad it has to come to this to secure our survival.

Absolutely.

Tried to say this yesterday and got the usual reaction. It was shit from everyone, not just the manager.

I'm not having it. I can understand people don't want upheaval, but this head in the sand mentality is going to see us drifting next season as well. I've said enough times why I think he's not up to the job so I'm not going to repeat myself but two words will say more about his short-comings than anything else:

Set pieces.

Hopefully that's what the board are waiting for, the points to secure safety, then they thank him for all his hard work but feel the season wasn't good enough for where we want to be and send him packing, along with carver, stone, Beardsley and the rest of the no hopers training and coaching this team to be frail in defence, wasteful in attack, create next to nothing and be an absolute embarrassment in set pieces.

We rely on is individual moments under Pardew, if they don't happen then there's no other plan, it's not good enough for premiership football, in fact the days of managers just sending players across the line to do what they want are dying at amateur level and really this is where this bloke belongs.

Guest palnese

I'd like to see (No, I wouldn't) what some of our former shit managers could do with the current squad just to compare it with Pardew.

Newcastle United will not make any knee-jerk reactions to their derby day defeat against Sunderland.

And while there was fan fury in the aftermath of the 3-0 home defeat against Sunderland, Alan Pardew will remain in charge for the final five games of the Premier League campaign.

Of course, Pardew only signed an eight-year contract this season and Newcastle are planning for the long term.

However, the Chronicle understands that a full review will take place at the end of the season as the board and Pardew discuss the expectations.

The issue of the derby defeat will also be discussed with fan confidence taking a hit after United’s worst loss in the fixture since 1979 causing fury amongst fans.

Probably the right thing to do.

Newcastle United will not make any knee-jerk reactions to their derby day defeat against Sunderland.

And while there was fan fury in the aftermath of the 3-0 home defeat against Sunderland, Alan Pardew will remain in charge for the final five games of the Premier League campaign.

Of course, Pardew only signed an eight-year contract this season and Newcastle are planning for the long term.

However, the Chronicle understands that a full review will take place at the end of the season as the board and Pardew discuss the expectations.

The issue of the derby defeat will also be discussed with fan confidence taking a hit after United’s worst loss in the fixture since 1979 causing fury amongst fans.

it's the right thing to say.

:thup:

Well right thing would've been to fire him last summer, but yes it's the option left now at least. No point in sacking him now.

Totally.

Unless we actually drop into the relegation zone i wouldn't even consider sacking him now. I think he can keep us up. However, the Summer would be an excellent time to look for an upgrade (if available and feasible).