Alan Pardew

Dave

Pardew is quite likeable apart from his lying excuses and his deficiencies as a coach. I would not mind moving him up to DOF he would suit that role very well/

erm what's left in a football manager? :lol: he's a bullshit merchant and a shit coach, pretty much the worst description of a coach i can think of

Couldn't care less if they think he's gods gift. We're s***, it's his fault.

I have to agree. The squad is far better than a couple of years ago and the results are worse. Hughton was sacked for far less than the tripe we are being served ATM.

Guest neesy111

Anyone think he'll do an end of season phone-in this year?

No.

There won't be a lap of honor as well imo after the Arsenal game.

Couldn't care less if they think he's gods gift. We're shit, it's his fault.

Obviously, yeah.

But at the same time, we have had a lot of managers who can't handle the dressing room and problems have resulted from that.

Granted. Personally though I'd much rather have a manager capable of making NUFC a good team who's liable to piss a few off, it's easier to bring in replacement players.

People still clinging to hope of him going any time soon. :lol:

Wise up.

If we narrowly avoid relegation, say it goes down to the last day, do you still think he'll be kept on like?

I think he'll go in the scenario or something close enough to it.

Wise up.

If we narrowly avoid relegation, say it goes down to the last day, do you still think he'll be kept on like?

Yeah. If we finish with a whimper and are still doing shite by next January then the club will start asking questions, particularly if summer investment is there. Until then I genuinely think it's a complete non-starter and people are going to be disappointed for a long time if they've convinced themselves that he's likely to be replaced.

Wise up.

I think he'll go in the scenario or something close enough to it.

It's hard to say. I would think Ashley has no intention of sacking him, but then again it's hard to predict what he might do with much confidence.

Llambias spelled it out when he said everyone's allowed a bad season. Pardew's going nowhere any time soon.

Exactly. He's also got a decent excuse after the club didn't back him enough in the summer. Whatever you think of Pardew (and currently for me that's not a great deal), it's a fact that we didn't do enough and January was proof of that. Everyone at the club admitted it was a mistake.

They backed him in January and I expect them to do the same this summer, albeit without the players which we brought forward deals on. If that happens and we're still doing shit - without Europe - then his position will be considered. Until then, no.

Anyone think he'll do an end of season phone-in this year?

No.

There won't be a lap of honor as well imo after the Arsenal game.

There should bloody well be a lap of apology. The players and coaching staff will most definitely want to acknowledge the fans on the last day.

I'm resigned to him staying, which begs the question as to whether he can win anyone around from this position?

If he can would it be the first time in recent history that a manager has done it?

As long as we stay up i foresee him staying and getting backed in the summer.

If he still fails after that then maybe a change might happen.

If we go down he's probably the best manager we could realistically get for that division so i would keep him.

If we go down he's probably the best manager we could realistically get for that division so i would keep him.

What's your view on what should happen if we stay up?

Guest Dontooner

Probably also depends if a much better manager was available and the board would think its a step up in that regards.

What's your view on what should happen if we stay up?

I think if any part of the squad/management/coaching can be upgraded, it should. The tricky thing is knowing if who you bring in will actually bring about an improvement. It's easy for anyone to flippantly say 'Pellegrini, Montanier, Benitez, Martinez' etc. The last top manager we had was SBR and that was because he was out of work and a Geordie. Other than that, unless we pay VERY big, we're not going to attract the cream, we have to look at those rated a tier or two down.

The first thing would be for the board to have a long and frank talk with Pardew about HIS performance, what he would want to do to improve it, does he need more coaches (clearly he does), etc. If he has a clear plan and objectives, is in complete agreement with the players we would bring in, i would wonder if it's an idea to give him one more season. At the same time talk to someone like Laudrup's (got a lower half team playing very well and effectively and knows the league) advisors and see if he wants the job for the season after next. If Pardew has an average or worse season, pull the trigger.

We talk about all these wonderfully named people in La Liga and the like. They might struggle here, as Spurs found out. Ramos had a great rep but flunked there.

So for me (at the moment) Pardew + new coaches (i don't mean a bus).

But if it's Pardew + the same staff around him, i don't see how it can improve. Then we might as well take a chance on someone else.