Alan Pardew

Dave

Addendum:

If we fail to win another game this season, i think he'd have to go. Don't think the players would believe in him anymore. They might like him but they'll have it confirmed to them that he is crap (think someone of them think this already, with good reason, alas.)

As long as we stay up i foresee him staying and getting backed in the summer.

If he still fails after that then maybe a change might happen.

If we go down he's probably the best manager we could realistically get for that division so i would keep him.

I don't think Pardew is even particularly credible at that level. In his last job he was sacked from a league 1 club and before that he was sacked from Charlton because he had them on the way to being relegated to league 1.

Guest icemanblue

He's gone if we lose to West Brom in my opinion.

Only problem is we'll then get Mark Hughes. No doubt about it.

How much money have you put on that?

I'm resigned to him staying, which begs the question as to whether he can win anyone around from this position?

If he can would it be the first time in recent history that a manager has done it?

Im a hater (kneejerk) unless he does well in a cup and league, looks more attacking and we beat the mackems - Tall order Alan.

I'm resigned to him staying, which begs the question as to whether he can win anyone around from this position?

If he can would it be the first time in recent history that a manager has done it?

He can win me round even in 2 years time if he starts doing well, I'll still be here. Most of the good players won't, that's the problem.

Im a hater (kneejerk) unless he does well in a cup and league, looks more attacking and we beat the mackems - Tall order Alan.

That's the other problem, Pardew has now become the Steve Bruce of Tyneside. I can see him waving the white flag to Di Canio for the foreseeable future.

That's the other problem, Pardew has now become the Steve Bruce of Tyneside. I can see him waving the white flag to Di Canio for the foreseeable future.

Tbf, after we hammered them 5-1 they went on a good run. If we could do the same i'd be more than happy!

Guest neesy111

Their would have to be significant changes on and off the field for him to turn it around for me.  He could stop opening his mouth at every opportunity for starters.

Tbf, after we hammered them 5-1 they went on a good run. If we could do the same i'd be more than happy!

In all seriousness, there has to be a reaction to that defeat.

Guest neesy111

Absolutely agree.  If we don't see one then I'll be very worried.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

We responded to our hammering from Arsenal by losing to Everton and Brighton. We responded to our 4-0 hammering from City by losing to Benfica. We responded to the disappointment of being knocked out by Benfica by getting taken apart from the local scum. Yeah our reactions haven't been great this season so maybe we shouldn't go getting our hopes up. I think we'll lose to West Brom and draw against Liverpool.

Guest neesy111

He'll turn things around. By how much is the question.

The most I'd think next season he'd do even with backing in the summer is 8th.  Would that be OK for Ashley & Co though?

Tend to agree, a lot of it depends on things like momentum, injuries and building everyone's confidence.

At the very least the end of the season will allow some of the stress and negativity to lift, and the players to recuperate.

The most I'd think next season he'd do even with backing in the summer is 8th.  Would that be OK for Ashley & Co though?

I'd be amazed if it's not.

I'd be amazed if it's not.

Unless they think we can make the Champions League there's no reason it wouldn't be enough really. I would like to think we'll have a good go at the cups as well.

8th is unacceptable IMO. Guess that makes me a pessimist. Wish I was one of those optimists that aims for mid table.

Bit facetious but I get you. We were discussing what Ashley would deem acceptable, not what the fans should aim for.

My view is that a couple of league places either way isn't that important, as long as we have an enjoyable season with enough exciting moments.

8th is unacceptable IMO. Guess that makes me a pessimist. Wish I was one of those optimists that aims for mid table.

its ok for me tbh, If we arnt getting champions league, Id rather give EL a miss and try for a domestic cup- imagine that- winning a cup. :kasper:

Guest neesy111

its ok for me tbh, If we arnt getting champions league, Id rather give EL a miss and try for a domestic cup- imagine that- winning a cup. :kasper:

Forward thinking that stuff about winning a domestic cup.  Tell Pardew that.

The aim every year should be top six, I just don't think the club would find 8th unsatisfactory enough to bin the manager.