Alan Pardew

Dave

I don't think he'll need excuses today, I think the players will be massively up for this after last week and they need to be.  If they aren't then we're in more trouble than even I think we're in.

Alan 'Our fans made too much of our humiliation at home by our bitter rivals and that affected player confidence and morale today' Pardew.

Alan 'Our fans made too much of our humiliation at home by our bitter rivals and that affected player confidence and morale today' Pardew.

:lol:

Some would probably agree with him.

Guest bimpy474

I don't think he'll need excuses today, I think the players will be massively up for this after last week and they need to be.  If they aren't then we're in more trouble than even I think we're in.

And this is where the manager earns his money, he should have them up for it. If they aren't, it will tell you all you need to know about his motivation skills.

Not to excuse them from blame either, they should have a burning desire to put it right, but i do worry that their leader as negative as he is may drain that from them. Especially when a lot of his talk is about how harsh he feels he's been treated.

"We just didn't have that spark today, that bit of magic. Obviously losing Sylvain was a massive blow as he gives us that extra edge. We've not been lucky with injuries at all. I have to feel sorry for Papiss Cisse as well, as he was feeding on scraps. I thought we were unlucky with their first and second, and the third was probably offside. We just didn't have the rub of the green out there today."

And this is where the manager earns his money, he should have them up for it. If they aren't, it will tell you all you need to know about his motivation skills.

Not to excuse them from blame either, they should have a burning desire to put it right, but i do worry that their leader as negative as he is may drain that from them. Especially when a lot of his talk is about how harsh he feels he's been treated.

I don't think he needs to do anything to lift them, they'll know last week wasn't good enough.  Negativity might get to them and that's a slight worry but I hope the players feel bad enough to rise above it.

Surely the derby told us that already?

Guest bimpy474

Surely the derby told us that already?

It did if i'm honest but he hasn't had a derby defeat before. I was thinking along the lines of knowing they let us down far more than any other game. But his reaction since would rather indicate that he thinks it was just any old game.

Guest bimpy474

I don't think he needs to do anything to lift them, they'll know last week wasn't good enough.  Negativity might get to them and that's a slight worry but I hope the players feel bad enough to rise above it.

I hope so too, i'm just convinced now that his general presence and negativity is dragging the team down. His ability, well lack of it certainly is, combine the two. Well rather not think about it and hope we win today.

He's spot on. Pardew even said (:lol:) when Ba was sold it would allow us to play Cabaye in the number 10 role. Instead Sissoko has played there, and after an initial good start has faded badly. I really don't know where Sissoko fits in, he'll be an asset if used correctly but I'm not sure we know where that'll be. I'd like to see him deeper but it seems to leave us very open when the wingers are pushed well on.

Guest Dontooner

If we lose today's game i hope we sack him straight after. Really really tired of his excuses, his ego is freaking too much for me. Just shut the fuck up and fix the team, stop acting like a rock star son of a bitch.

Guest bimpy474

He's spot on. Pardew even said (:lol:) when Ba was sold it would allow us to play Cabaye in the number 10 role. Instead Sissoko has played there, and after an initial good start has faded badly. I really don't know where Sissoko fits in, he'll be an asset if used correctly but I'm not sure we know where that'll be. I'd like to see him deeper but it seems to leave us very open when the wingers are pushed well on.

That's a major problem with Pardew that's overlooked, he has no idea how to get the best out of certain players. He's awful at it tbh.

Just read his set pieces comments on twitter. Unbelievable! He sounds like someone managing a Sunday league team, not a manager who has full  time players training all week and has time to work on them. The problem isn't 'not enough big men'. It's the poor deliveries, but most of all the terrible movement in the box. It's awful. That should be worked on on the training ground. Its one of the basic jobs of a manager to sort set piece routines. The fact this fraud can't even see this says it all.

His Sunderland comments are pathetic too. About all the times we've had it over them now its their turn or something. No Alan. Thats 5 derbies now and only 1 win. Don't pretend you've had some kind of dominance over them. You haven't.

So did he seriously complain about not having enough big men in the box for set pieces? Well in that case why float them up in the air you utter imbecile? How about varying with a few short ones? Cut one back to someone outside the box and work something from there. Honestly this is the most basic stuff, it's unbelievable he's coming out with this crap.

;D Can't believe he's being compared to Ferguson in his early Man Utd years. You could do the same with any shit manager. We could appoint Sammy Lee and use the same argument. 'Fergie had a few shit seasons once'.  :laugh:

And the reason people weren't getting on Bobby's back because you could see some progression. You could see what he was trying to do. It's the same with Lambert at Villa in my opinion. They're not doing well, but you can see what he's trying to do. You can see it will most likely get better. Here at Newcastle, its like the Souness second season. You can see the manager doesn't have a clue. Stability is all very well, but theres no point sticking by the wrong man.

As for the 'we couldn't get anyone better' argument. :kasper: How about every other Premier League manager being better apart from the unproven Di Canio. Are we really suggesting that as a club we don't have the attraction that every other club has? Southampton seemed to do a decent job of getting a new manager in. Just because you can't think of one off the top of head with your limited brain power, doesn't mean there aren't better managers out there.

Guest bimpy474

Just read his set pieces comments on twitter. Unbelievable! He sounds like someone managing a Sunday league team, not a manager who has full  time players training all week and has time to work on them. The problem isn't 'not enough big men'. It's the poor deliveries, but most of all the terrible movement in the box. It's awful. That should be worked on on the training ground. Its one of the basic jobs of a manager to sort set piece routines. The fact this fraud can't even see this says it all.

His Sunderland comments are pathetic too. About all the times we've had it over them now its their turn or something. No Alan. Thats 5 derbies now and only 1 win. Don't pretend you've had some kind of dominance over them. You haven't.

So did he seriously complain about not having enough big men in the box for set pieces? Well in that case why float them up in the air you utter imbecile? How about varying with a few short ones? Cut one back to someone outside the box and work something from there. Honestly this is the most basic stuff, it's unbelievable he's coming out with this crap.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10368733._/

Don't read this then :lol:

Think they tried that at the Benfica game. Was it not flung out to Haidara on the edge of the box for a failed volley. haha

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10368733._/

Don't read this then :lol:

Bimpy lad, I'm going to have to walk away from the computer otherwise I'll end up punching a hole in the monitor. See you later!