Newcastle 2 - 1 Spurs - 18/08/12 - post-match jubilation from page 35

Beren

I think it was more the act itself than if it actually caused any pain or not (which it obviously didn't), it's just really disrespectful to nudge/push anyone. A touchline ban would be harsh but rules are rules.

Wenger pushed the 4th official a few years ago and got away with an £8k fine iirc.

I'm not saying it wasn't stupid, but I've seen an article saying the FA should throw the book at him/make an example of him etc. You would think he inflicted pain on the guy going by some peoples' reactions.

IMO he should receive whatever the standard fine is for placing your hands on an official is, and then be forgotten about. It was a silly mistake that wouldn't have been thought twice about had it not been on air/in the public eye.

Does Pardew have any previous for touchline shenanigans/getting sent off etc? I remember he squared up to Wenger but he was cleared of all charges from that, is there owt else? Could work in his favour if not.

so-----

I only saw some of first half and highlights as at a wedding do--- was it just luck? were we worth the win?

They were better first half, we switched to 4-3-3 second and played better. Boiled down to the fact we had match winners/game changers and they didn't imo.

hopefully we can fluke another good season, and the mackems can earn another s*** one then.

Just wait until we actually play somebody.

Does Pardew have any previous for touchline shenanigans/getting sent off etc? I remember he squared up to Wenger but he was cleared of all charges from that, is there owt else? Could work in his favour if not.

I guess they'll just give him the shortest possible ban anyway, just for symbolic reasons. They probably don't want to punish him realise, but they know they can't let him off completely.

Canny vid. :lol:

Holy shit what a weird creepy man.  The intro and outro are special to say the least.

The atmosphere sounded fucking brilliant though, gave me goosebumps, can't wait to make it to SJP for an actual match.

Modric leaving will be the nail in the coffin for this current Spurs side. I'm not saying AVB will fail but I do believe they will get worse before they get better.

When a new manager comes in, everything changes. I certainly can't see them in the top four.

Just found out that Taylors header to Krul on Saturday was actually illegal and Spurs should have been given a free kick. Manufacturing a back pass or something along those lines. Well there you go.

Eh? So does that mean every header back to the keeper is treat as the same?

I just thought as long as it was passed to a keeper via a header it was allowed?

Just found out that Taylors header to Krul on Saturday was actually illegal and Spurs should have been given a free kick. Manufacturing a back pass or something along those lines. Well there you go.

Eh? So does that mean every header back to the keeper is treat as the same?

I just thought as long as it was passed to a keeper via a header it was allowed?

I said at the time that when the backpass rule was first brought in people were trying that in the friendlies before the season started and were told in no uncertain terms you weren't allowed to do it.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2012_e.pdf

There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour, eg if a player:

uses a deliberate trick while the ball is in play to pass the ball to his own goalkeeper with his head, chest, knee etc. in order to circumvent the Law

Should have been an indirect freekick and a booking. :lol: