Atromitos 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/08/12 - Post-match reaction from page 38

Dave

So I completely missed this, couldn't leave work early enough. How did we play then?

You know the Brazil team of 1970?

Well we were f*** all like them.

Ah well, we better smash them at St. James' next week.

That's awful to hear regarding Obertan, I hate fans like that. The only time players deserve treatment like that is when they are complete leaching wankers who don't give their all for the team. Obertan does have his limitations but tonight was promising, he showed some conviction and belief in his pace and it was useful, he caused problems. He's not a bad egg on the whole though, he won't be on a massive wedge, so isn't just here for money and he does try, it's not his fault that he may not be up to scratch.

As for the game, a decent result considering the personnel we had out. I really like Anita, he looks a good footballer and was my MOTM, the rest of the starters were decent to poor. Amalfitano looked very useful, he seems an intelligent player with good feet and I was impressed with Campbell's link up play too. Things feel good at the club right now, it's great we can send out a young side and they can do a job for us like tonight and it'll be a fantastic experience for some of those of those involved too. It's simply great to be back in Europe.

out of the 3 men behind Cisse, i'd say Obertan was the best out of them tbh.

edit: tonight anyway.

Agreed, was genuinely surprised to see him drive to the byline. We can make a useful player of him yet, I wonder what the catalyst was for him to be a bit more adventurous in that second half.

Aye, that's ridiculous regarding Obertan like. If any of the culprits are on here, I'll happily disregard our abuse rule for a moment to say you're fucking twats and a complete embarrassment to our fans.

What kind of impression of our club must that kind of thing give the likes of Anita/Amalfitano/Bigirimana etc? :undecided:

Aye, that's ridiculous regarding Obertan like. If any of the culprits are on here, I'll happily disregard our abuse rule for a moment to say you're f***ing twats and a complete embarrassment to our fans.

What kind of impression of our club must that kind of thing give the likes of Anita/Amalfitano/Bigirimana etc? :undecided:

They'll know every club has fans like that and they're in the extreme minority.

Don't have much sympathy for Obertan actually. I'm not condoning the fans behaviour because it's not acceptable. However, at the end of the day he gets paid a shit load of money to play football and if he's performing awful week in week out then fans will incredibly start calling you shit.

Get over it. I'd let someone call me a cunt every game if I got paid what he did.

Don't have much sympathy for Obertan actually. I'm not condoning the fans behaviour because it's not acceptable. However, at the end of the day he gets paid a shit load of money to play football and if he's performing awful week in week out then fans will incredibly start calling you shit.

Get over it. I'd let someone call me a cunt every game if I got paid what he did.

What a load of shite.

Don't have much sympathy for Obertan actually. I'm not condoning the fans behaviour because it's not acceptable. However, at the end of the day he gets paid a s*** load of money to play football and if he's performing awful week in week out then fans will incredibly start calling you s***.

Get over it. I'd let someone call me a c*** every game if I got paid what he did.

What a load of s****.

Don't have much sympathy for Obertan actually. I'm not condoning the fans behaviour because it's not acceptable. However, at the end of the day he gets paid a s*** load of money to play football and if he's performing awful week in week out then fans will incredibly start calling you s***.

Get over it. I'd let someone call me a c*** every game if I got paid what he did.

Like shite would you. You'd be furious/devastated like any normal person would be.

Was at the stadium, agree with general consensus about the game, not great but did the business. However, after the game outside a few NUFC fans abused Obertan quite violently, calling him s**** etc. he looked devastated tbh. Of course he was poor, but is that really helpful? Cisse and cabaye were class, stayed with the fans to have photos despite Greek police trying to move them on

It's depressing as fuck to think that the morons doing this actually have money to burn and are able to travel to watch us play in Europe.

Considering the fact that Obertan seems to get on quite well with the Francophones in the dressing room - Cabaye, HBA, Ba, Tiote, etc - you'd have to think they'll not be thrilled with it either.  I know if my mate was getting abused I'd be furious.  Not the brightest idea from the thick cunts to paint the support in that kind of light.  It's a small thing that can go a long way in player recruitment, or lack thereof.

The old 'they get paid lots of money, I should be able to fuck their dad and shit on their kids if I want, I pay good money to watch that shit' argument  :facepalm:

They get paid good money because someone else has deemed them worth it. They shouldn't have to put up with shit like this as part of that.

Considering the fact that Obertan seems to get on quite well with the Francophones in the dressing room - Cabaye, HBA, Ba, Tiote, etc - you'd have to think they'll not be thrilled with it either.  I know if my mate was getting abused I'd be furious.  Not the brightest idea from the thick c***s to paint the support in that kind of light.  It's a small thing that can go a long way in player recruitment, or lack thereof.

:anguish: Can we stop this now?