Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 25/08/12 @ 5:30 (Live on ESPN)

Beren

I definitely would have had Anita in there on Hazard, he's got the pace to keep up with him and then there's the added bonus that he looks very good in possession too but I think it'll come too soon taking last night into account.

Aye. There's certainly a case for 4-3-3 here, albeit with HBA and Ba/Jonas dropping deep to pack the midfield when necessary. Would like to think Pardew would play Cabaye-Anita-Tiote to cope with Mata/Hazard/Torres, etc.

Anyway, will lose this 2 or 3-0.

Guest Roger Kint

If we didnt play last night i think we might have seen Tiote-Anita-Cabaye behind Jonas-Cisse(or Ba)-HBA in a more defensive 4-3-3. Cant see Anita starting now though.

Hard to predict with Chelsea anything but solid at the back so far, maybe 2-2 or a 3-2 loss for me.

Any news on the 'knocks' to Ba, Colo and Tiote?  .com has Colo down as playing, but Tiote out?

If we have them 3 fit, I can see us sneaking a draw.  I don't see why we should go thear fearing the worst.  Reading were 2-1 up for a long while and only went behind through an offside goal.  We've got matchwinners going the other way, so it's a tough one to call.

So long as we put in a performance and can take plenty of positives I'm not too arsed.  I would have took 3 points across the two opening fixtures, plus our next game looks very winnable.  Will be nice to get two difficult matches out the way so early in the season.

Guest Roger Kint

We definately have enough to trouble their defence, they only have Mikel who gives any serious cover unless Ramires plays so if we can somehow cope with their attackers i can see us having a chance. Wouldnt say we will get twattted unless our injured players miss out(which i cant see) or we have one of our very dodgy days.

Any news on the 'knocks' to Ba, Colo and Tiote?  .com has Colo down as playing, but Tiote out?

If we have them 3 fit, I can see us sneaking a draw.  I don't see why we should go thear fearing the worst.  Reading were 2-1 up for a long while and only went behind through an offside goal.  We've got matchwinners going the other way, so it's a tough one to call.

So long as we put in a performance and can take plenty of positives I'm not too arsed.  I would have took 3 points across the two opening fixtures, plus our next game looks very winnable.  Will be nice to get two difficult matches out the way so early in the season.

I'm hopeful on Tiote, only because it would seem strange for Anita to have played 90 mins last night and then be asked to start on Sat.

Adam Campbell ‏@adamcampbell_

Bye bye Athens..hello London !

In squad again?

Assuming they flew straight there?

Would be a bit harsh if they all flew to London and made Campbell get a plane back to Newcastle by himself :laugh:

Guest Roger Kint

Adam Campbell ‏@adamcampbell_

Bye bye Athens..hello London !

In squad again?

Assuming they flew straight there?

Would be a bit harsh if they all flew to London and made Campbell get a plane back to Newcastle by himself :laugh:

The air stewardess' would think its another rogue kid jumping a flight :lol:

If Campbell is going it must mean Shola is still injured, not sure i agree with it but i reckon 4-5-1 with Jonas and Hatem wide and Cabaye, Tiote, Anita central and Ba upfront is what Pards will go with.

Cisse super sub.

Ba is struggling apparently.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Santon

Ben Arfa Cabaye Tiote Anita Gutierrez

Ba

I think your probably right with that formation. Although Cisse scored two wonder goals here last season he doesn't seem very sharp at all this season thus far.

There will be goals. 2 - 1 win !

After European away games:

06/07

PL - 6

W - 3

D - 0

L - 3

04/05

PL - 6

W - 3

D - 2

L - 1

03/04

PL - 7

W - 1

D - 4

L - 2

02/03

PL - 7

W - 6

D - 1

L - 0

[/pointless stats. we're in europe! yey!]

Imagine the scenes. We don't score against Chelsea, we go 1-0 up against Villa.

Adam Campbell comes on to close the game out and make his SJP debut. 91st minute, he breaks past the defence and slots the ball into the bottom corner at the Gallowgate End.

I think his head would actually explode :lol: