Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 25/08/12 @ 5:30 (Live on ESPN)

Beren

Guest neesy111

Ridiculous we are unbeaten in our last 4 visits to Stamford Bridge, used to hate going there the most out of all grounds in the PL.

When Pardew suggested we'd go 4-4-2 90% of the time with those Demba quotes, I hope this isn't one of those games. Chelsea have too much pace and penetration in their midfield and attack now and with Mata and Hazard likely to be cutting in a lot, I think it would be dangerous to go with only 2 central midfielders, especially with the likes of Lampard and Ramires also pushing forward.

I know Anita played on Thursday but I think playing him and making him stick to Hazard when he cuts in would give us a real chance of a result, Anita's quick and agile enough to keep him quiet in my opinion. I saw a lot of Hazard last season and although he got 20 goals (half of them were penalties) I fear him far more as a creator than a direct threat to goal, he combines vision and dribbling very well.

Either way I think we're going to get a result, even with their ridiculous levels of spending I feel there are still weaknesses there that we'll definitely exploit, like 2 defensively average centre backs. If we go 4-4-2 I think it'll be 2-2, if we go 4-3-3 I think we can sneak a one goal win.

Guest neesy111

Ridiculous we are unbeaten in our last 4 visits to Stamford Bridge, used to hate going there the most out of all grounds in the PL.

More than Anfield? :anguish:

At least we had won at Anfield in the PL.

It's one of those games where in the past, we might have got pasted.

However, there's a bit of confidence about the team, and we have some very good players. I think we could get a result here, definitely.

Come on the Toon!

Whether you're a fan of Larsson or not, he contributed 7 goals and a good number of assists last year. So they've replaced Larsson with Johnson who will likely not have the same end product. They've replaced Bendtner with Fletcher. Fletcher scored 12 in 32 last year, Bendtner scored 8 in 29.

So not a massive change in their side last year.

I can see this game being quite high scoring again, particularly if JT is out. Maybe 3-2 to us. I hope we start with a good tempo as we have done in the last two games, that will be vital I feel to beating Newcastle.

In some ways I would rather Cahill and Luiz start to deal with Newcastle's pace but when JT doesn't play the organization at that back is a shambles.

Tottenham were extremely unlucky to lose last week, hitting the woodwork twice and looking the better side for large stretches of the match. I'm a bit uncomfortable with the way we've defended so far, but Newcastle definitely do not scare me.

i got a good feeling tomorrow that chelsea are going to smash newcastle and the rest of the Premier League can take it as a warning. its time to stop holding back.

If we can beat this lot today well have a psychological uplift for the team to be aware that they can beat any team. Newcastle are poss the 5th best team at the mo in premiereship..They have several players capable of winning any game..For me. I think a 2 2 draw..

Come on now. What´s with this pessimism?

It will be a tough game - Yes. Chelsea may win - Yes. But there is nothing that suggest that we can´t be able to get a result, or even win.

As said. I hope we not go 4-4-2.