Four MASSIVE months

Guest BooBoo

Guest Brendan_Rice

Nobodies being a drama queen, we just want the club to show a mild bit of ambition. We've got a great chance if moving the club forward and it would be disappointing to pass that up.

Every year we go through the same thing with this regime though, and every year people moan about it, and every year we get better. One of these days the penny's going to drop with a lot of people that for the most part they actually know what they're doing.

Besides, we are showing ambition, signing one of Ajax's best players and a bunch of very promising youngsters, and providing we don't lose any big players (that's a game changer) that is a massive signal of intent!

I just think people sometimes need to step back and appreciate where we are and how good our squad actually is.

:thup:

Good post. I am hoping we get at least one in before the window, but the fact we have got rid of the dead wood and replaced them with decent youngsters and a quality midfielder is a result for me this summer. A couple more in and I would be delighted.

Guest BooBoo

The first XI is clearly a very good side. However some of the squad positions, notably up front and also in goal are worryingly thin. An injury to Krul, Ba or Cisse and we'll be in the brown stuff.

The first XI is clearly a very good side. However some of the squad positions, notably up front and also in goal are worryingly thin. An injury to Krul, Ba or Cisse and we'll be in the brown stuff.

Very true, the team is an injury or two from really suffering imo. That's speculating obviously, but the threat of it always remains.

Of course bringing in bright prospects is encouraging, also ties in perfectly as to what Ashley & Llambias are about. However you get the feeling we are a couple of proven signings away from having a brilliant and big enough side to cope. Can the youngsters jump straight in if we lose a few to injuries? Debatable.

When you have the season we have just had you need to be looking to add to it and add with quality. All the other top sides do it, but our tough policy is making life very difficult to do so.

Could say that about a lot of sides like. We do need a striker though.

It seems to me that a lot of people are insisting that we play a 4-3-3, and then complaining about a lack of srikers. It further seems to me that if we do play with a 4-3-3, and if Cisse and Ba are unavailable, then we only really need one "striker" when we're in a pinch.

Marveaux/Jonas on the left, Ameobi/Campbell in the middle, Ben Arfa/Amalfitano on the right...? It's not perfect, but we have a squad that is capable of adapting to adversity - you could argue that replacing Ba with Jonas, for instance, is a big gap in quality, but unless you're Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea, that's always going to be the case when stars are unavailable.

That's not me saying we don't need another striker, because it would add to the squad, but there's a certain logic to not busting our nut to get one in. There's also the case for saying that when we shift "strikers" like Xisco, Ranger and Sam Ameobi then Mike may be more willing to shell out for another option up front.

The biggest things about these four days is how pissed off people are going to get with each other, I sense some bannings :lol:

Toon's Taylor is odds on favourite.

Hey fuk you AND your shit hard drive/graphics card.

I am quite worried about us selling one of our so-called big players mind.

Don't know why but for some strange reason, I'd be more content of this not happening if we've have already strengthened the squad further.

It seems to me that a lot of people are insisting that we play a 4-3-3, and then complaining about a lack of srikers. It further seems to me that if we do play with a 4-3-3, and if Cisse and Ba are unavailable, then we only really need one "striker" when we're in a pinch.

Marveaux/Jonas on the left, Ameobi/Campbell in the middle, Ben Arfa/Amalfitano on the right...? It's not perfect, but we have a squad that is capable of adapting to adversity - you could argue that replacing Ba with Jonas, for instance, is a big gap in quality, but unless you're Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea, that's always going to be the case when stars are unavailable.

That's not me saying we don't need another striker, because it would add to the squad, but there's a certain logic to not busting our nut to get one in. There's also the case for saying that when we shift "strikers" like Xisco, Ranger and Sam Ameobi then Mike may be more willing to shell out for another option up front.

Think it's about options. Continuity is good, but if you play the same XI and tactics week in and week out, eventually teams figure out how to stop you from playing and counter your threats. That's why even the best teams make changes at the end of a successful season. It's good to keep opposition teams guessing, and to be able to switch it up when things aren't working, when you go behind, protecting a lead, or when you're lining up against stronger or weaker opposition. We can study opposition teams and pick a team designed to expose their weaker players. You look at the squad and the bench we had against Chelsea and there was little Pardew could do. That's against Chelsea, but if we go behind against anybody we don't have any game changer on the bench and I think that's why he would like to add Carroll. Not saying he would be my first choice but you can see why Pardew wants another option.

If Senegal qualify for the finals of the ACON are we going to make problems for ourselves in January if we don't get another striker in before Friday? It isn't like you can rely on Shola being fit week in week out.

Aye, the two Ameobis and Campbell cannot cover that up, imo. We need a striker, preferably in this window so we can get them while they aren't cup-tied for the cup or Europe.

If they do go to the ACoN, every club will know we are desperate for a striker come January so we will probably be priced out of our preferred targets.

I am quite worried about us selling one of our so-called big players mind.

Don't know why but for some strange reason, I'd be more content of this not happening if we've have already strengthened the squad further.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol:

Love that film

It was on last night, it reminds me of this forum in the transfer window. :lol:

The mental bloke in the tower gets me every time(Johnny i think) :lol:

Love that film

It was on last night, it reminds me of this forum in the transfer window. :lol:

The mental bloke in the tower gets me every time(Johnny i think) :lol:

Is that the camp dude?

Guest Roger Kint