Champions League 2012/13 - Borussia Dortmund 1 - 2 Bayern Munich (FT)

Beren

Guest Roger Kint

No more football  :(

Championship Playoff final on Monday?

Celtic final on today? Not that it really counts as football mind :lol:

Was harsh on Dortmund today...have really enjoyed following them in this Champions League campaign.  Play nice free flowing attacking football.  Something we can only dream of.

Back to the game, on hindsight, I think that Klopp misread the game when he didn't make any change until so late. Dortmund were completely spent and should have used the bench instead of bidding his time until the ET.

This is the problem with Dortmund in regards to Bayern..... Dortmund practically has no bench.

Their first elevens are very even but Bayern are far superior in the depth department.

I do agree he misread the game though, having said that it might not have matter if the ref did his job and sent Ribery and Dante off like he should have.

Also i have only seen it once but that Lewandowski volley that went in and was disallowed i didn't really see much wrong with.

But sadly for Dortmund these are the things that have to go your way in a final and sadly it didn't.

Ribery can die a slow and painful death the f***ing c***.

This. Nees on point.

Ref should have sent off 2 Bayern players.

Crazy as this sounds, I was totally gutted at that result. Still am.

It will be interesting to see what Pep tries to do with Bayern, just tinker or completely change their style of play to something similar to Barca. He's on a hiding to nothing any which way you look at it, minimum do the treble next season to match this one.

I think that he'll evolve himself as a coach as he's that type of person. He's not stupid so he won't go in and change a lot of things if they are already working, he'll just tinker a bit and add a top class centre forward to their ranks as that's what they need.

I also think it's daft for any body to actually say he needs to achieve the treble next season or he'll be deemed as a failure.

I think that he'll evolve himself as a coach as he's that type of person. He's not stupid so he won't go in and change a lot of things if they are already working, he'll just tinker a bit and add a top class centre forward to their ranks as that's what they need.

I also think it's daft for any body to actually say he needs to achieve the treble next season or he'll be deemed as a failure.

Retaining the CL has never been done in this current format, for starters.

Gutted for Klopp as once again it shows that trying to win the game in a fair manor and relying on your principles is not enough, that you need to be cynical and play dirty tricks.

Can't wait to see this weekly again next season when Mourinho is back at Chelsea...

Gutted for Klopp as once again it shows that trying to win the game in a fair manor and relying on your principles is not enough, that you need to be cynical and play dirty tricks.

Can't wait to see this weekly again next season when Mourinho is back at Chelsea...

Remember Hummels handball in the semi final against Madrid? Remember the lucky goals (offside and all...) for them against Malaga?

I don't wan to take anything away from Dortmund and from Klopp - I wished they would have won yesterday - but they also had their lucky moments.

You need luck to win the Champions League. Yesterday, Bayern had far more from that as they should have been down to 10 men after 30 minutes, and down to 9 men after 60 minutes.

But that's football.

I'm not talking about luck though, I'm talking about players like Ribery diving about all over the place to try and gain any possible advantage.

That's fair enough then. :thup:

Thought you were one about the fact that Ribery should have been sent off twice in that match.

So gutted. Had a big Dortmund party and it was wild for the equaliser. Thought Munich were being a bit dickish at points but I guess the better team won.

I love Lahm - he deserves a Champions League medal. Consoled myself with that :(

Was a good final though! Dat goal line clearance. Danny Simpson came all owa the shop.

Just watched this match, gutted for Dortmund :( Dante should've gone and that was a game-changer.

I just wonder what would've happened if Gotze played. That Subotic clearance was amazing though, to get it away from Robben too!