League Cup Third Round - Manchester United (a) - 26/09/12 @ 7:45pm (Live on Sky)

Dave

I'm no fan of Gosling (and IMO we only got him because he cost nowt) but players of his ilk are very easy to deride; he's not tricky/quick/exciting/eyecatching going forward nor is he a battering ram in defence plus he's English so he lacks the foreign mystique to get him through the early months. I thought he did alright against Martimo personally and for 5th or 6th choice he's fine.

Put out returning players for fitness, and ones struggling for form, then fill the gaps with the euro team.

Harper

Tav willi colo good

gosling  Tiote

Oba.          Marv

Cisse. Campbell

It's a bit daft but after seeing last nights results I fancy a shot at this, get through this one and we'd have just a good a chance as anyone.

It's still likely that from tonight's games, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool will progress.

We missed our shot in the late 90s/ early 2000s where few sides took it seriously allowing the likes of Leicester/ Boro to win it. Too many of the top teams fancy it now.

I'd only feel like underdogs against Arsenal, that's one team.

Spurs are still a better side than us. Chelsea are still in it as well.

That's a matter of opinion, are you telling me we'd be underdogs against Spurs at home?

For me, pretty much only positives can come out of this as long as we don't lose anyone important to injury.

Run outs for young players against good opposition, no real pressure to win, match fitness increasing for Cheick and Colo and the possibility for some of our fringe players to make a case for themselves. Looking forward to watching this without that horrible "oh my god where is this season heading" feeling that league games always force upon me.

For me, pretty much only positives can come out of this as long as we don't lose anyone important to injury.

Run outs for young players against good opposition, no real pressure to win, match fitness increasing for Cheick and Colo and the possibility for some of our fringe players to make a case for themselves. Looking forward to watching this without that horrible "oh my god where is this season heading" feeling that league games always force upon me.

Won't a win be pretty postive thing to come out the game with ? :lol:

Won't a win be pretty postive thing to come out the game with ? :lol:

Who cares about results? It's about everything else, like body language.