Everton vs Newcastle United - 17/09/12 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

Harper

Anita      Taylor  Williamson  Santon

Ben Arfa  Cabaye  Bigirimana  Jonas

Ba          Cisse

Looks like this is how we'll be lining up. Not optimistic for this, but there's enough quality in there to get a result imo.

doesn't look that bad actually....

Harper

Anita      Taylor  Williamson  Santon

Ben Arfa  Cabaye  Bigirimana  Jonas

Ba          Cisse

Looks like this is how we'll be lining up. Not optimistic for this, but there's enough quality in there to get a result imo.

doesn't look that bad actually....

We won't see much of the ball with that line up imo. Well, Harper will i suppose...

I don't remember Pardew saying we were in a different league to everton? Can anyone find the quote cus I can't?

Pretty sure he said we was in a different league financially and what we can pay players.

What is Jagielka bitching about then.

Batten down the hatches, 4-5-1 and nick a draw or play 4-4-2, get overrun in the midfield and succumb to a two goal defeat.

:anguish:

I'd happily take a draw like, even with a full strength team out it'd be an OK result.

With our strikers, there's always the chance of a goal so why not soak it up. Playing 4-5-1 doesn't have to be backs to the wall if you use the ball well, see when we beat them 0-1 for example.

Harper

Santon  Saylor  Willo  Fergie

Anita      Jonas

Cabaye

HBA                      Ba

Cisse

Batten down the hatches, 4-5-1 and nick a draw or play 4-4-2, get overrun in the midfield and succumb to a two goal defeat.

:anguish:

I'd happily take a draw like, even with a full strength team out it'd be an OK result.

With our strikers, there's always the chance of a goal so why not soak it up. Playing 4-5-1 doesn't have to be backs to the wall if you use the ball well, see when we beat them 0-1 for example.

Oh aye, Nee disputes. I'm just making that face as I don't expect to be wowed by our play, ALA Villa. Made me furious that game and I'm expecting more of the same.

From Pardew's pre-match...

Colo "struggling for Monday". We'll also be demanding more transparency (from the other coaches) about what our players are doing while they're away on International duty. He's clearly furious about the injuries.

http://i45.tinypic.com/npqmfm.jpg

Did Pardew say something about Everton last season?  I can't remember him saying anything.  Jagielka just comes across as a bit of a tool - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/09/13/100252-31825328/?

Yes. It was taken out of context but he said we were not the level of Everton and Villa but now the level of the big boys in the league or something to that extent.

Did Pardew say something about Everton last season?  I can't remember him saying anything.  Jagielka just comes across as a bit of a tool - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/09/13/100252-31825328/?

Yes. It was taken out of context but he said we were not the level of Everton and Villa but now the level of the big boys in the league or something to that extent.

Pardew's right though, as we never considered you our rivals.

Pardew's right though, as we never considered you our rivals.

Neil, do your Everton XI on the 'first names' thread. I want to see how many places Hibbert is ahead of Fellaini.