Everton vs Newcastle United - 17/09/12 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

This game will be more like the first of the season IMO. Fuckking stupid time to have an international break.

That said, it's two weeks extra training for our players who frankly looked unfit for the first three games.  I am not so concerned about the result, just want to see the likes of ba, crises and cabeye look up for it, fitter and in better form.

Personally think we will get a result, possibly a win. We are due one down there.

This game will be more like the first of the season IMO. Fuckking stupid time to have an international break.

That said, it's two weeks extra training for our players who frankly looked unfit for the first three games.  I am not so concerned about the result, just want to see the likes of ba, crises and cabeye look up for it, fitter and in better form.

Personally think we will get a result, possibly a win. We are due one down there.

He goes three league games without scoring and now he's Papiss Crises!?

We have a mild fetish for backing off loads and inviting people to shoot, so I'd be telling the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa (I know, I know) to have a few pops tonight. There was one in our last game where Mulumbu lightly jogged from the halfway line to the edge of our box without anyone challenging him, it was ridiculous.

We have a mild fetish for backing off loads and inviting people to shoot, so I'd be telling the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa (I know, I know) to have a few pops tonight. There was one in our last game where Mulumbu lightly jogged from the halfway line to the edge of our box without anyone challenging him, it was ridiculous.

Tiote - "SSSHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT".

Please don't Tiote :)

its quite simple tbh. it depends how the players will respond to the reported unrest. If they decide they are going to do something about it, we can get a result and do well this season. if they arnt arsed. we will lose.

I think we're all agreed, we need to play 433.

Aye, that and try to keep the ball.

If we go 4-4-2, we'll sit deep and try to counter them with HBA the only one capable of constructing things. I also think we'll struggle a lot if we try to defend against all their muscle and power for 90 minutes. They will probably be persistent enough to break us down. I think Pienaar and Osman are players capable of breaking us down, whereas the sheer power of Fellaini and Jelavic will be much to handle for our CB's, especially with Tioté missing.

If we try to hold on the ball and bring the sort of game we're capable of, with Cabaye pushing forward a bit and HBA in a more free role, I think we'll be in with a chance.

I'd still play Marveaux here and put Jonas in the middle. If we go 4-4-2 I'd like to see

Anita - Willamson - Taylor - Santon

Hatem - Cabaye - Jonas - Marveaux

4-3-3 or slight variant.

Tiote  Anita/Jonas

Cabaye

HBA      Cisse      Ba

seems so obvious.

This is my one issue with Pardew.

Personally don't feel Cisse is ahead of Ba like the majority seem to so those two can interchange as and when.

Ba gets stick for 'demanding' to play in the centre but he was brilliant for us last season as the main striker as he has been his entire career and if he has told Pardew he prefers to play there than on the left he has earned that. Just a question of how to manage a squad of talented players.

With Jonas and Anita having played as full backs on both side it does help the width if they can sit back while the full backs bomb forward a little (well Santon).

Not sure about the 4-3-3.  :hmm:

For this game, I would like to see Jonas as left back. He's good in tracking down his opponent and he would also open up for some decent overlaps on that side if Marveaux - who has plenty of speed - is up for it.

Cabaye, Demba and Papiss really need to show some good signs or we will not have a chance.

So:

--------------- Harper --------------------

Santon - Williamson - Saylor - Jonas

HBA - Anita - Cabaye - Marveaux

---------- Ba -------- Cissé -------------

Howay!  :)

Not sure about the 4-3-3.  :hmm:

For this game, I would like to see Jonas as left back. He's good in tracking down his opponent and he would also open up for some decent overlaps on that side if Marveaux - who has plenty of speed - is up for it.

Cabaye, Demba and Papiss really need to show some good signs or we will not have a chance.

So:

--------------- Harper --------------------

Santon - Williamson - Saylor - Jonas

HBA - Anita - Cabaye - Marveaux

---------- Ba -------- Cissé -------------

Howay!  :)

With no Colo or Krul I worry about us leaking goals.

3 man midfield makes us stronger centrally but weaker down the flanks, I can honestly see Pards going 4-5-1, leaving Perch deep to protect the back four. Not convinced it will work but I fear its what he will try.

---------------Harper

Anita----Tayls--------Willi-----Sant

----------------Perch

Oba-----Cab----------Jonas----HBA

----------------Cisse

Harper

Perch          Taylor        Williamson  Santon

Jonas            Anita        Cabaye      Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

For me.

Seen no indication that Pardew will put HBA on the left, although might not be a bad idea with Hibbert there.

Trying think like Pards;

Harper

Perch

Taylor

Williamson

Santon

HBA

Anita

Cabaye

Jonas

Cisse

Ba

Only thing I can see changing is Bigirimana coming in for Williamson or Perch and a move around in positions.