Everton vs Newcastle United - 17/09/12 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

Krul

Santon    Taylor    Coloccini    Anita

Tiote        Bigirimana

HBA              Cabaye          Marveaux

Cisse

People leaving out Jonas...oh god what has this forum come to.

Bigi did well, but when Tiote comes in hes an improvement and Jonas played so well in that holding position last spring.

If we go 442 then Jonas shouldnt be on the left. His time there is done.

Yeah 4-4-2 our strikers need crosses so let our wingers cross with their natural foot, Benny Left & Jonas right but also maybe then Santon RB & Aninta LB

I just wouldnt play Jonas in a 442 full stop. He's not an attacking threat anymore. He doesnt run at full back like he used too. He was fantastic in the 433. Breaking things up, being a pain in the arse for opposition, keeping play nice and tidy. Thats the only place he should play imo.

Yeah 4-4-2 our strikers need crosses so let our wingers cross with their natural foot, Benny Left & Jonas right but also maybe then Santon RB & Aninta LB

I just wouldnt play Jonas in a 442 full stop. He's not an attacking threat anymore. He doesnt run at full back like he used too. He was fantastic in the 433. Breaking things up, being a pain in the arse for opposition, keeping play nice and tidy. Thats the only place he should play imo.

Yup. And it's not disrespecting Jonas either. He has been phenomenal in that role. When everyone is fit, and Pardew sticks Simpson at RB, I'd still play Jonas in a midfield 3 with Cabaye and Tiote ahead of Anita. It's Jonas' place to lose imo.

Bigi did well, but when Tiote comes in hes an improvement and Jonas played so well in that holding position last spring.

But everyone is leaving him out of a 4-3-3. Jonas should start because in a 4-3-3 him and Tioe are our best holding midfielder, and we shouldnt ever be playing 4-4-2 again.

But everyone is leaving him out of a 4-3-3. Jonas should start because in a 4-3-3 him and Tioe are our best holding midfielder, and we shouldnt ever be playing 4-4-2 again.

Yeah, I agree with that.

Krul

Anita  Colo  Saylor  Santon

Tiote    Jonas

Ben Arfa  Cabaye  Marveaux

Ba

Is what I'd go for.

Assuming Tiote is fit of course. If he's not then stick Bigi in there instead of him.

Think Cisse's been absolutely shite thus far, didn't actually see the Villa game but sounds like he was no better in that. Ba's looked slightly better from what I've seen so I'd start him.

Put an extra man in midfield and play a system that actually suits our players. Depending on how the game is going you can then introduce Cisse after 60 minutes when Ba starts to fade or else shove Demba out wide and take off Marveaux or a midfielder if we're chasing the game.

Think the break has come at a good time for us, hope Pardew sorts his shit out and has us up for this one.

Really dont think we'll go 433. Especially not away to Everton. Pards is too cautious. However;

Krul

Anita    Colo  Saylor    Santon

Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa      Cisse          Ba

Clearly our best team.

i would switch the full backs over and play something a bit different,  give Shola a runout as he can't be any worse than Cisse and Ba as they have been woeful so far this season.

KRUL

SANTON  SAYLOR  COLO  ANITA

TIOTE      JONAS

OBERTAN  CABAYE    HBA

SHOLA

Really dont think we'll go 433. Especially not away to Everton. Pards is too cautious. However;

Krul

Anita    Colo  Saylor    Santon

Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa      Cisse          Ba

Clearly our best team.

I'd just like to move Cabaye in front of Tiote and Jonas in a 4-2-1-3 formation, bar that, I agree.

You'd swear people were advocating playing a 2-5-3. :lol:

Actually think we look defensively very solid in a 4-3-3, we have that extra man in the middle and our wide forwards do get back and protect the fullbacks.

Not a dig at you btw Zaius, just reckon if that's Pardew's logic for not playing 4-3-3 then he's off his face.