How highly do you rate... Robert Pires?

Beren

Guest Howaythetoon

A f***ing great player who never gets the recognition he deserves in this country.

Fantastic technique, sublime vision and yet a massive c*** but as the Roma fans will testify he is their c***. Loved his role that was originally defined under Spalletti too.

:lol: Eh, why does he DESERVE recognition in this country like?

That's like saying Matt Le Tissier deserves recognition in Italy.

Coincidentally very similar players...

Totti was a great club/league player for Roma but was never world-class and certainly not deserving of recognition here.

Guest Howaythetoon

Comparing Le Tissier and Totti. :lol:

HTT's posts on foreign football are always worth a chuckle like.

They are very similar players actually. Although I understand that while Le Tissier was banging them in, you were too busy marveling at Paul McGrath :lol: so its probably understanding that you don't get the similarities.

Anyway... how indeed does Totti deserve UK recognition?!

Guest Howaythetoon

They are, both one club men, both a bit lazy/temperamental, both more of a forward than a striker and both capable of genius. People forget just how good Le Tissier was.

They are, both one club men, both a bit lazy/temperamental, both more of a forward than a striker and both capable of genius. People forget just how good Le Tissier was.

So good he couldn't get near the England team nevermind shine at an international tournament? Being the lynchpin at a shit club like Saints is slightly different to being the equivalent at a team who try and do something like Roma.

Guest Howaythetoon

So good he couldn't get near the England team nevermind shine at an international tournament? Being the lynchpin at a s*** club like Saints is slightly different to being the equivalent at a team who try and do something like Roma.

Accepted, but in terms of individual ability, they are or were very similar. Anyway my intention wasn't to compare the two exactly, but to ask why on earth does Totti deserve to be recognized over here?!

So good he couldn't get near the England team nevermind shine at an international tournament? Being the lynchpin at a s*** club like Saints is slightly different to being the equivalent at a team who try and do something like Roma.

Accepted, but in terms of individual ability, they are or were very similar. Anyway my intention wasn't to compare the two exactly, but to ask why on earth does Totti deserve to be recognized over here?!

Because he is one of the best players to play in a top European league . Much like Iniesta, Falcao, Nesta (to name a randome 3) or whoever who hasn't played in England should be recognised because they're top players regardless of whether they've played in the 'best league in the world'. The PL is not the be all and end all, it never has been and never will be.

I'll be honest, I've got fuck all interest in foreign football.

The only time i see these players is in international tournaments or when they inevitably play Man Utd.

Comparing Le Tissier and Totti. :lol:

HTT's posts on foreign football are always worth a chuckle like.

They are very similar players actually. Although I understand that while Le Tissier was banging them in, you were too busy marveling at Paul McGrath :lol: so its probably understanding that you don't get the similarities.

Anyway... how indeed does Totti deserve UK recognition?!

The thing is we probably got into football around the same time even though your loads older than me too.

Also your patronising doesn't work as you've yet again shown your Premier League bias.

Fwiw Le Tissier was class but not in the same league as somebody like Totti. But you just wrote out my opinion for me which was nice of you.

Somebody like Totti would definitely be appreciated if they had ever played in England to be fair.

Can imagine if Berbatov had never played in England and only appeared on the scene twice a year for a CL tie he'd be the type that would get the poncy overrated foreigner treatment. He's not at Totti's level but most English football fans would agree he's a class act.

Berbatov's stock has gone down since he went under the Man U microscope. He's far more suited to a slower pace of football, anyway, so he's not a great example. You're right though, Totti would go down in PL history had he come over here 8 years ago instead of staying in that joke of a league.

I think Totti is top, top class but he strikes me as the sort, who would have ended up going to Chelsea for big money, struggled because of the style of football his team played and the incumbent players in his position, then left after two/three years with a reputation as a failure after he went back to starring in Italy.

I think Totti is top, top class but he strikes me as the sort, who would have ended up going to Chelsea for big money, struggled because of the style of football his team played and the incumbent players in his position, then left after two/three years with a reputation as a failure after he went back to starring in Italy.

You could say that about loads of players though, it's all hypothetical. Chelsea never really played a formation to suit Totti with Lampard in the advanced role.