How much enjoyment do you get from watching NUFC?

bowlingcrofty

Would you rather support Wigan? Hull? Middlesbrough? Fulham? (etc. This is a very long list).

I wouldn't rather support anyone. I remember being 5 down at old trafford a few years back, my manc mate who was in the home end texted me saying "i wish i was over there with you lot". Sums us up really.

Bit young to be texting.

:lol: he means being 5 down, not 5, down

There were times during the Souness/ Roeder eras where the match was a minor inconvenience interrupting a good day on the lash. That has changed over the last 3 and a bit seasons and I've got my match mojo back, even if this year has been much of a damp squib.

Would you rather support Wigan? Hull? Middlesbrough? Fulham? (etc. This is a very long list).

I wouldn't rather support anyone. I remember being 5 down at old trafford a few years back, my manc mate who was in the home end texted me saying "i wish i was over there with you lot". Sums us up really.

Bit young to be texting.

:lol: he means being 5 down, not 5, down

Oh good God.

do you ever wonder what it would be like to support a team thats sucessful?  Must be odd, similar people in similar walks of life- but they get all the joy. bastards

I didn't enjoy the Championship season as much as I thought I would. Don't know if it was because we were winning every home game easily or if it was because we were beating teams full of players I've never heard of, but something was missing.

The ups and downs keep it interesting to me. Things like waking up to see we've sacked Hughton for no reason or that we almost got into the Champions League last year are just so unpredictable that it's fascinating. Seeing Man Utd in another title race with minimal off-field fuss MUST be boring after a while.

do you ever wonder what it would be like to support a team thats sucessful?  Must be odd, similar people in similar walks of life- but they get all the joy. bastards

I didn't enjoy the Championship season as much as I thought I would. Don't know if it was because we were winning every home game easily or if it was because we were beating teams full of players I've never heard of, but something was missing.

The ups and downs keep it interesting to me. Things like waking up to see we've sacked Hughton for no reason or that we almost got into the Champions League last year are just so unpredictable that it's fascinating. Seeing Man Utd in another title race with minimal off-field fuss MUST be boring after a while.

A friend of mine who supports Man Utd only enjoys it when they go a goal down. As in, he actively hopes they concede first :lol:

Mentally alien from our mindset, although the way we start matches maybe not... :bluestar:

Yeah i do. Where i live most folk are split between man united and liverpool. The liverpool fans are constantly bitching about how shit they are, i mean fuck me it's only 7 years since they were champions of europe. That does my head in.

I can remember mid '90s when we were absolutely flying, we were going into almost every game expecting to win, When mid table sides came to our place we knew (and they knew too) they couldn't live with us. That was a very special time and something i'd love to experience again, plus the football itself was sublime.

We will win a trophy in my lifetime though, and i think it's possible the planet could shift on it's axis when that happens. :lol:

The championship year just felt like a hassle free season. Wins didn't really mean that much as they were so frequent until the end when we were close and I began to worry we would blow it. I know what you mean about opposition, we frequently played sides where I generally didn't know a single opposition player.

It was still good though, regret really only doing a few aways.

on a slightly different note, me and my mates were discussing a while back what it would be like on a matchday as a fan of Wigan, Bolton and the like.

Grounds in the middle of nowhere, pretty devoid of any pre-match buildup or atmosphere.  I've only ever known going into town, where the entire city is usually buzzing, nearly every one of the many many pubs are packed then it's a short walk to the ground with the crowds.  Honestly consider ourselves to be spoilt in that respect.

There's out of town sites and then there's just dumped in the middle of nowhere.

As someone said above, you'll beat the location of SJP. Five minutes walk and you're slap bang in the city centre.

The championship year just felt like a hassle free season. Wins didn't really mean that much as they were so frequent until the end when we were close and I began to worry we would blow it. I know what you mean about opposition, we frequently played sides where I generally didn't know a single opposition player.

It was still good though, regret really only doing a few aways.

The Championship season was brilliant. Once I'd got over the heart break of the actual relegation there was the novelty aspect of playing new clubs in new grounds etc. Then by the time that wore off we were tonking teams on a weekly basis so the experience was even more enjoyable. It was such a welcome relief after the shite the year before.

Hate going to the match at the moment, feels like more of a chore. Can you move ST seats midway through a season? think where i sit is becoming a big part of why I don't enjoy it because of a f***ing moronic lad who sits behind me spouting s*** such as: After Ben Arfas goal against Bolton last season "pfft f***ing fluke"(this was mainly because he'd been slagging Ben Arfa off for most of the match then was made to look like a complete tit) And then all of yesterday going on about how s*** Cabaye is and that he doesn't get the criticism of Simpson and he'd rather see Simpson play than Cabaye who if he met in person he'd "punch him in the face and tell to f*** off out of Newcastle."

£25 each to move to another seat in your section/price range. At least that's what they told me when I asked.

Would happily pay that, just to get rid of that prick. Three years down the line can't handle it anymore.

Hate going to the match at the moment, feels like more of a chore. Can you move ST seats midway through a season? think where i sit is becoming a big part of why I don't enjoy it because of a f***ing moronic lad who sits behind me spouting s*** such as: After Ben Arfas goal against Bolton last season "pfft f***ing fluke"(this was mainly because he'd been slagging Ben Arfa off for most of the match then was made to look like a complete tit) And then all of yesterday going on about how s*** Cabaye is and that he doesn't get the criticism of Simpson and he'd rather see Simpson play than Cabaye who if he met in person he'd "punch him in the face and tell to f*** off out of Newcastle."

£25 each to move to another seat in your section/price range. At least that's what they told me when I asked.

Would happily pay that, just to get rid of that prick. Three years down the line can't handle it anymore.

You'll probably end up next to him :lol:

It would be nice to have the chance to put that theory to the test, but don't worry - you won't be getting boredom with success..!

Championship season was quality. I was on a poxy gap yaar where all i did was work in a shitty kitchen, but i had a season ticket. Would absolutely revel in coming up on the train (what was roughly) once a week. It just felt so good to be winning again after four years of expecting the worst every week. It's a cliche but i fully believe that it's exactly what the club needed; if only to actually settle the inevitability of relegation. Have nothing but fond memories of that year; Hughton :smitten: Lovenkrands :smitten: Routledge :smitten: Carroll :anguish: / :smitten: Nolan :anguish: / :smitten:.

• 2 months later...