How much enjoyment do you get from watching NUFC?

bowlingcrofty

To be honest, I probably wouldn't still be supporting NUFC, or at least not to the same intensity, if I hadn't discovered this place.

It's a shame that the football section is like a fucking wake whenever we're not playing well, but it's still one of the most wonderful places on the internet.

So yeah, I blame everything on you guys.

Surely your trips over (you've been to a few games, haven't you?) are what has cemented the support, as opposed to here?

I hadn't been until I came on here and the local people I've met in person were people from here.

I don't think I'd have gone as often as I have without this place and even so, I certainly wouldn't have had such a good time and positive impression of the city.

If it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't be nearly as passionate and smitten over this club.  Been following since Shearer signed from my folks' home in Tampa, FL and the strange love affair has grown each year exponentially.  Relegation only made me more passionate about getting back to the premier league.  Also very fortunate that Fox Soccer/Setanta USA, ESPN, & internet TV - etc has allowed me to follow as much as I can and want. 

But I'd be delusional if I didn't say that if it wasn't for this board and you all, I'd feel insanely disconnected from the club. :lol:

The last few years have been very entertaining. This year not so much, but once Ben Arfa runs down the line, then its enough to get me excited time and again.

Everything from relegation to last season has been a hell of a ride. This year is like going back to the kiddy pool.

We're not going to get relegated or anything, but it's just so safe and boring and unremarkable. I suppose I might get more excited once we hit the UEFA knockout stages.

Indeed, they Europa League might be the spice that makes this an exciting season after all, even if we end up in nowhere land iin the PL.

I get absolutely ridiculous amounts of enjoyment. I'm old enough to remember great champions league nights and having a season ticket last season was immensely good fun.

I've been fortunate enough to get to know alot of people who support different teams at uni, and also people who have either no favourite team or support man united due to where they were born/grew up. And I sometimes I feel sorry for people who aren't as lucky as us to be born in an area with such a magnificent club. Sure we have low points but we have had more than our fair share of good ones.

Would you rather support Wigan? Hull? Middlesbrough? Fulham? (etc. This is a very long list).

I was in Brugge last week and one of my mates asked a barman is it normally like this when other teams visit, he looked at him like he was stupid, laughed and gave a sarcastic "yeah".

So in short, alot, most of the time.

Been watching Newcastle since 1990. I've probably enjoyed about 8 seasons and two of them were in the second tier.

tbh, those two promotion seasons, plus the other one I watched are the best seasons ive enjoyed in all my time watching us. they have always been the seasons ive gone to most matches home and away.. something about chasing promotion.

Hate going to the match at the moment, feels like more of a chore. Can you move ST seats midway through a season? think where i sit is becoming a big part of why I don't enjoy it because of a fucking moronic lad who sits behind me spouting shit such as: After Ben Arfas goal against Bolton last season "pfft fucking fluke"(this was mainly because he'd been slagging Ben Arfa off for most of the match then was made to look like a complete tit) And then all of yesterday going on about how shit Cabaye is and that he doesn't get the criticism of Simpson and he'd rather see Simpson play than Cabaye who if he met in person he'd "punch him in the face and tell to fuck off out of Newcastle."

Frustrated....pretty much sums up what I get from watching us at the minute.

So many good/fantastic players in the side yet the team doing nothing and no signs of it changing.

Don't know if it's because of bruges then coming back to another match on Sunday but I'm not really as excited about Saturdays game as I usually am, sure that'll change by friday though :D Probably just in misery mode with being back at work.

If we rumble into the new year miles off the top 5, we simply have to treat the EL seriously.

I'm curious to whether we will or not. More money in finishing one or two league places up than winning the thing unfortunately and money talks.

Even though this season has been poor I still love going to the game, games against West Ham/Stoke/Shitsville United are always going to be gash unless we play well as the opposition will never be worth the admission.

Would you rather support Wigan? Hull? Middlesbrough? Fulham? (etc. This is a very long list).

I wouldn't rather support anyone. I remember being 5 down at old trafford a few years back, my manc mate who was in the home end texted me saying "i wish i was over there with you lot". Sums us up really.

How much enjoyment do you get from watching NUFC?

Recently, about as much as I'd enjoy 90 minutes of hammering nails into my testicles whilst someone papercuts my eyeballs. With a 15 minute break in the middle, of course.

Sadly though where Newcastle are concerned I seem to be a terminal masochist.

I wouldn't rather support anyone. I remember being 5 down at old trafford a few years back, my manc mate who was in the home end texted me saying "i wish i was over there with you lot". Sums us up really.

Bit young to be texting.

Hate going to the match at the moment, feels like more of a chore. Can you move ST seats midway through a season? think where i sit is becoming a big part of why I don't enjoy it because of a f***ing moronic lad who sits behind me spouting s*** such as: After Ben Arfas goal against Bolton last season "pfft f***ing fluke"(this was mainly because he'd been slagging Ben Arfa off for most of the match then was made to look like a complete tit) And then all of yesterday going on about how s*** Cabaye is and that he doesn't get the criticism of Simpson and he'd rather see Simpson play than Cabaye who if he met in person he'd "punch him in the face and tell to f*** off out of Newcastle."

£25 each to move to another seat in your section/price range. At least that's what they told me when I asked.

I feel oddly disengaged from it all this year which I put down a bit too a) the Olympics and b) the disappointing transfer window. 

I still try and get to as many matches as I can and, if I can't, I will always try and watch the matches on the internet, but I haven't been as excited by it as before.  Although, as has been pointed out, it isn't as if we have been fed a diet of regularly exciting football for the last 25 years - so I do wonder if expectations (including my own) rose as a result of last season and the hope that we would kick on.

Maybe an age thing, but it hurts less and less when we lose, one time I would be in a bad mood for days, not now, might spoil my night but not my week.

It's the opposite for me.

what? your getting younger?

I imagine if it was simply go to the match for 2.45pm have a pie and come home at 5pm, it would be pretty crap.

Everything else that surrounds match day keeps it going, ie the beers, the laughs and watching the other games afterwards.