Newcastle Utd 0 - 3 Man Utd - 07/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 38

Beren

Guest BooBoo

Bloody awful first twenty minutes. Much better since but we need an early second half goal. Unfortunately I can see them getting at least one more.

I hope the club fine Tiote for that utterly ridiculous booking. His aggressive play collects enough yellows without shite like that. If he picks up another yellow and misses the derby he wants to be shot with shit.

Guest bimpy474

That's a penalty, clear as day, why doesn't the linesman see that ?

Aye, he can see Ben Arfa holding De Gay back but not a long hold of a shirt. Total bollocks it is.

Exactly...Webb is looking right at it too the horrible cunt.

I was going more for the lino but if the ref is following the flight of the ball (looking at the players its going to as you're taught as a ref) he should have seen it.

Some sort of game btw where you'd wish your Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan and probably even an Alan Smith (bench!) in the dressing room at HT.

Once again, Pardew needs to find the right words here, as almost alway this season so far.

A shocking first 20 minutes from us, shocking.

Whats worse though is Howard Webb. He gave a free kick to Man Utd which directly lead to the corner for their 2nd goal, that free kick shouldn't have been given, there was no foul.

He booked Tiote for no apparent reason, no reasons apart from him being our only midfielder who can put in a tackle.

Van Persie should have been sent off by now, Ferdinhand went in from behind on Jonas, that should have been a red card as well, we should have had a penalty but it was never given. De Gea came out to collect a ball but didn't get to it, so he blew for a foul. Shocking from him, and it's only HT.

Harper though, what a tool, thats been I' surprised it hasn't happened earlier in his career, he insists on doing it 10 times every single game he plays.

Guest Klizsch

it's easy to ask why we didn't play the same in the opening 15 or 20 mins, but Man Utd were already 2-0 by that point - they're able to sit back and conserve their energy. that's probably the biggest reason why we've looked better - they're no longer in first gear.

Completely disagree.

Same, if that was the case I think they would explode when they get the opportunity to counter. Last 10 they had no movement whatsoever

Although we've played better since going 2 down, there's a couple of things to consider:

- Man U are 2-0 up, so can afford to sit back

- We've created no worthwhile chances at all, De Gea hasn't had a single shot to save

Very hard to argue that we should be back in this.

After the ridiculously poor start, quite pleased with that.

Difficult to know what conclusions to draw from that first half though - has our style/formation given us dominance over them because it's genuinely good - or are they quite happy to sit on the 2-goal lead atm? :dontknow:

Man U happy to sit back at 2-0 in the first half?

Did you see what they were doing to us at the start? If we stayed in that 4-4-2 it would have been at least 4-0 to them by now.

I mean after the switch to 4-3-3.

Guest bimpy474

Hopefully this will be the last we'll see of the utterly ludicrous 4-4-2 we've been employing. How could Pardew watch us on Thursday then go back to that?

Because we played well using 4-4-2 against Bordeaux after switching to it.......totally agree with you though, it has to be 4-3-3 all the way with the players we have.

That's a penalty, clear as day, why doesn't the linesman see that ?

Aye, he can see Ben Arfa holding De Gay back but not a long hold of a shirt. Total bollocks it is.

Exactly...Webb is looking right at it too the horrible cunt.

I was going more for the lino but if the ref is following the flight of the ball (looking at the players its going to as you're taught as a ref) he should have seen it.

:lol: If the linesman can see an arm around the back of their keeper, there's no reason he can't see Cisse's shirt stretching out like crazy.

Tiote was booked for dissent and it was blatantly warranted after a show of ludicrous petulance.

He should have been booked, but it shouldn't have been a foul. Never should have even seen Tiote flip out.