Newcastle Utd 0 - 3 Man Utd - 07/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 38

Beren

Guest BooBoo

It's incredible really that Lawro retains employment when I've never seen or heard anyone who actually rates or likes his punditry. His voice is annoying, his knowledge is limited and his jokes are terrible. It's baffling that season after season, he gets kept on.

It's incredible really that Lawro retains employment when I've never seen or heard anyone who actually rates or likes his punditry. His voice is annoying, his knowledge is limited and his jokes are terrible. It's baffling that season after season, he gets kept on.

Same goes for Hansen.  Pair of them should have been binned when BBC got the highlights back from ITV.

Guest BooBoo

Bit rich us asking for Van Persie to get banned for the elbow when you look at Tiote's tackle/stamp on Cleverley.

Poor challenge.

Should have been off for that. Was a shocker and if it had been reversed we would have been up in arms.

Bit rich us asking for Van Persie to get banned for the elbow when you look at Tiote's tackle/stamp on Cleverley.

Poor challenge.

Should have been off for that. Was a shocker and if it had been reversed we would have been up in arms.

Definitely. He needs to cut that out of his game.

Guest firetotheworks

One thing I hate about playing this lot is usually getting beat and our fans think we're scoring points by warbling on how Alan Shearer turned them down.

They don't give a s*** and its embarrassing to hear it trotted out with such tedious regularity.

With respect mate, you're talking absolute rubbish - it gets trotted out in response to the 'Cheer up Alan Shearer chant'. I agree it's tedious, but it isn't just our lot.

Nah not having it. We've been doing it for years and its tosh. I recall 4-1 down in the FA Cup semi final and our fans were singing it as if it proved a point.

Second only to the "Shoot!" wankers in the irritation stakes.

They've been singing 'Cheer up' for years. I'd rather we sang that back than just sat in silence.

I'd rather we just sang pro Newcastle sings tbh.

Were you there? We did. The back and forth with the songs was better than the match from 80 mins onwards. We support our local team was the highlight and shut them up briefly.

Kind of sad that some of the back pages (including the Journal) are more focussed on this Van Persie elbow business than the comprehensive beating they gave us. Not sure why Pardew needed to bring it up like that in public. As I said before, if the FA want to be clever Pardew could find himself facing a charge of his own for saying it should be looked at.

Kind of sad that some of the back pages (including the Journal) are more focussed on this Van Persie elbow business than the comprehensive beating they gave us. Not sure why Pardew needed to bring it up like that in public. As I said before, if the FA want to be clever Pardew could find himself facing a charge of his own for saying it should be looked at.

I think Pardew is really bitter about the way ESPN got Cabaye banned last season and wants some consistency.

Guest BooBoo

Distraction I suppose.

Silly of Pardew, I would rather he focused on why we started the game so shambolically rather than focus on an incident that had no baring on the result whatsoever.

Guest firetotheworks

My guess is that he probably thought that it would be swept under the carpet if it wasn't mentioned.

Quote from: Dave on Today at 11:42:16 PM
Kind of sad that some of the back pages (including the Journal) are more focussed on this Van Persie elbow business than the comprehensive beating they gave us. Not sure why Pardew needed to bring it up like that in public. As I said before, if the FA want to be clever Pardew could find himself facing a charge of his own for saying it should be looked at.<br />
<br /><br />My guess is that he probably thought that it would be swept under the carpet if it wasn't mentioned.

Yep me too, although he's probably also trying to defelct attention away from the result.

The 4-4-2 and a lack of workrate left us chasing shadows the first 15 minutes and the game was gone before Pardew could change the system. Man U played some excellent football at the start but we put no pressure on the ball. We were not only outplayed in that period but we were also outworked and beaten to every second ball.

Pardew needs to scrap the 4-4-2 he keeps trying and go with what suits the players. Once again he changed it midgame but this time it was already too late.