Newcastle Utd 0 - 3 Man Utd - 07/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 38

Beren

Ok just got home from weekend away, saw game in pub

punished for yet another slow start, Pardew again sends out a squad which needs changing around before it can compete tactically and we pay for it with 2 goals that we never looked particularly like coming back from. The goals came also from stupid defending that wouldn't happen with Colo in the side.

For the rest of the game we were ok but Man U never needed to get into gear as they were pretty comfortable.

Guest BooBoo

One thing I hate about playing this lot is usually getting beat and our fans think we're scoring points by warbling on how Alan Shearer turned them down.

They don't give a shit and its embarrassing to hear it trotted out with such tedious regularity.

Guest BooBoo

You're never going to beat a team of that quality with a virtual second choice back 5.

Teams have in the past. Our second choice lot just happen to be crap, though.

Fairly sure we had a patched up back 4 the time Edgar scored a late equaliser. Our defence today was poor but our attacking threat wasn't much better.

One thing I hate about playing this lot is usually getting beat and our fans think we're scoring points by warbling on how Alan Shearer turned them down.

They don't give a shit and its embarrassing to hear it trotted out with such tedious regularity.

With respect mate, you're talking absolute rubbish - it gets trotted out in response to the 'Cheer up Alan Shearer chant'. I agree it's tedious, but it isn't just our lot.

Shit performance made to look better (after 20 minutes) because Man Utd couldn't be arsed taking chances going forward giving us more time on the ball, even if we did next to nothing with it.

Webb had a few strange calls as usual, but didn't change the outcome of the game.

I don't think the ball fully crossed the line. Showed a decent photo of the situation from above on the Norwegian PL studio where it wasn't 100% over when De Gay knocked it out.

Need to up our game. We just seem lost when we get to the last third of an attack and then throw the ball away.

Jonas did well I think. Wanted to see Santon and Ben Arfa on the same wing but that happened far to rarely. Think that may be the way to go.

Oh, and I think Van Persie may be the currently active footballer I hate the most. Smug fucking cunt.

Guest BooBoo

With respect mate, you're talking absolute rubbish - it gets trotted out in response to the 'Cheer up Alan Shearer chant'. I agree it's tedious, but it isn't just our lot.

Nah not having it. We've been doing it for years and its tosh. I recall 4-1 down in the FA Cup semi final and our fans were singing it as if it proved a point.

Second only to the "Shoot!" wankers in the irritation stakes.

They don't give a s*** and its embarrassing to hear it trotted out with such tedious regularity.

If they didn't give a shit, they wouldn't sing about him every couple of minutes, they were singing "Shearer took you down" as they got off the buses on Barrack Road and they were still singing it when they got on the buses to go home.

Guest WashyGeordie

Didn't hear it today until after they started singing about him.

They sung it about 3 times until we (SE/Gallowgate) actually started singing 'Shearer turned yer down'...

"He has looked at Yohan and he has elbowed him. I think that perhaps needs to be looked at, if I am honest."

"I actually thought Yohan wouldn't have gone down if he hadn't done something."

"I didn't see it myself, but I have obviously seen it on the replay and it looks like he has looked at him and put his elbow there."

Guest BooBoo

Yeah, I really don't get it, it's been years, why are they still singing about an ex player of ours.

Absolute cretins on the train with me, one even saying how Liverpool fans deserved Hillsborough.

Their away mob are the roughest most vicious bunch of twats in top flight football. They never show their faces in Newcastle pre or post match but there's a whole host of scumbags regularly follow them on the road. A million miles from the day trippers/ Japanese tourists and bored Dads and kids that make up a large proportion of their home crowd.

Nah not having it. We've been doing it for years and its tosh. I recall 4-1 down in the FA Cup semi final and our fans were singing it as if it proved a point.

They've been singing 'Cheer up' for years. I'd rather we sang that back than just sat in silence.

Guest BooBoo

They've been singing 'Cheer up' for years. I'd rather we sang that back than just sat in silence.

I'd rather we just sang pro Newcastle sings tbh.

Yeah, I really don't get it, it's been years, why are they still singing about an ex player of ours.

Absolute cretins on the train with me, one even saying how Liverpool fans deserved Hillsborough.

Their away mob are the roughest most vicious bunch of twats in top flight football. They never show their faces in Newcastle pre or post match but there's a whole host of scumbags regularly follow them on the road. A million miles from the day trippers/ Japanese tourists and bored Dads and kids that make up a large proportion of their home crowd.

Remember being on the train to Durham post match a few years back (think after they stuck 5 past us at home) and there was a bunch of rank, manc chavs behaving like muppets at one end of the carriage. Few of our lot with kids down the other end of the carriage started to take offence to it and it threatened to get a bit nasty for a bit. Luckily, we got into Durham and a load of police came onto the train, but that is uncomfortable as I've been watching us (granted I am only 23).

I'd rather we just sang pro Newcastle sings tbh.

Yea fair point, but I just don't think you can particularly have a go at our lot for it. Isn't that how most football singing 'banter' goes - one set of fans take the piss out of something/someone and the other respond in defence?

Guest BooBoo

It's just a pet annoyance of mine if I'm being honest. Up there with people bleating on about Sunderland when we're not playing them.