Newcastle Utd 0 - 3 Man Utd - 07/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 38

Beren

One thing I hate about playing this lot is usually getting beat and our fans think we're scoring points by warbling on how Alan Shearer turned them down.

They don't give a s*** and its embarrassing to hear it trotted out with such tedious regularity.

With respect mate, you're talking absolute rubbish - it gets trotted out in response to the 'Cheer up Alan Shearer chant'. I agree it's tedious, but it isn't just our lot.

Nah not having it. We've been doing it for years and its tosh. I recall 4-1 down in the FA Cup semi final and our fans were singing it as if it proved a point.

Second only to the "Shoot!" wankers in the irritation stakes.

one of the few times i've 100% agreed with otter, the shearer chant makes me fucking cringe, was whinging on about it today

just stop it please

Second to nonE in terms of noise tbf, but yeh cunts

Only when theyre winning. They were silent last year and for large portions of the first half when we were threatening the cat had their tongues again.

one of the few times i've 100% agreed with otter, the shearer chant makes me f***ing cringe, was whinging on about it today

just stop it please

The only time I heard it in level 7 was in response to "Shearer took you down" and it drowned them out so I have no problem with it when used that way.

Don't know what was more of a joke - our performance or Howard Webb's

Just home. Thought I'd jump straight to post-match reaction. And this. Totally this. As ever a shambles of a referee, and as seems to be all to common, wasteful performance from us. I just don't understand how Pardew thinks this is the right way forward tbh.

one of the few times i've 100% agreed with otter, the shearer chant makes me f***ing cringe, was whinging on about it today

just stop it please

The only time I heard it in level 7 was in response to "Shearer took you down" and it drowned them out so I have no problem with it when used that way.

i'm in the SE corner, think i heard it twice, maybe 3 times, sound doesn't really travel from up there so not sure if it was a response or note....but either way it's a shit chant

I must be the only one who can't bring myself to watch highlights when we've been beaten. You're all sadists.

i'm usually the same, but i wanted to see that (whether it was over the line or not) and also to see if it shows howard webbs ineptitude

Guest BooBoo

Don't get the Shearer chant at all, like. So what if he turned them down?

It's not as if they don't win a shit load of trophies without him.

Whilst he won bugger all.