The Howard Webb is a bellend thread

Tooj

Foul or not, Tiote's reaction was childish and ludicrous. Fully deserved yellow card.

maybe - but no worse than Carrick following him round twe pitch shouting in his face near the end, but of course hes not booked.

you can try and be as fair minded as you want about it, but people I was with, people on here, people on face book cant all be wrong surely?

edit- I think if a ref favours a team say 70/30 on the little things- its gonna be very difficult to overcome.

Foul or not, Tiote's reaction was childish and ludicrous. Fully deserved yellow card.

maybe - but no worse than Carrick following him round twe pitch shouting in his face near the end, but of course hes not booked.

you can try and be as fair minded as you want about it, but people I was with, people on here, people on face book cant all be wrong surely?

Are they all Newcastle fans? I know lots of Man U fans whinging about how Tiote and Jonas could have been sent off, it's a two way street.

Are they all Newcastle fans? I know lots of Man U fans whinging about how Tiote and Jonas could have been sent off, it's a two way street.

maybe- but its a double lane only on Man utds side of it.

Clattenburg never refereed an Everton game for about four years after a howler in the derby and there's been plenty other examples of refs not being given teams because of an obvious bias against them. We should be complaining about Webb and trying to keep him away from our games.

Apart from a pen against the mackems a few year ago, we consistently get totally screwed over by the prick.

Tbf Tiote could certainly have gone for that foul in the first half.

But then I remember Webb giving Barton a yellow card in a game away at Wigan a few seasons back when he could have quite easily sent off- these things happen, only losing teams tend to obsess over them, if our performances were better then decisions wouldn't be a factor.

It wasn't fully over the line.

100% this tbh. Same with throw-ins, corners, pelanties etc., the rule is the whole of the ball over the whole of the line. Not most of the ball, not most of the line, not from some strange angle that backs up your argument, or a computer graphic the work experience kid knocked out. It wasn't quite in. Deal with it. Blimey, excuse my French. :lol:

Also, I believe that Mr Webb is a member of the universally respected South Yorkshire Police force and therefore beyond reproach, certainly within football circles, and I expect that this will bring a swift end to this discussion topic. Policeman's helmet, indeed, how very dare we?

There was a time when Cabaye was in a good position and taken down, the ball fell to one of ours and he waves he advantage, now the only way the ball could have gone was out wide and was very quickly crowded out. That is not advantage, he should have blown for a free kick as it was an ace position for one and the "advantage" just put the ball in a worse place.

Now in the second half a similar event happened but the other way round, the free kick would not have been in as nice a position as ours but still a good position nonetheless, and this time he blew for a freekick despite Man U running off the ball out wide - because quite rightly that would have not been an advantage.

I don't necessarily think he's biased, I think he's just incredibly inconsistent with his decisions. Biased or not, the FA could stop all the shite that follows him by just not putting him on Man U games (as often or at all).

Another thing which became apparent was fergies disregard for rules, he just did whatever the fuck he wanted. He was right on the touchline and the 4th official comes over, eventually, and ushers him back so he takes 2 steps back then just walks up to the touchline again and continues shouting out while on the pitch almost, one of his staff was also right up there. The officials told them time and time again but they just ignored them. No doubt nothing will happen.

Don't think it's fair to say Webb cost us the game but I certainly think he changed it.

Webb, and him being widely regarded as our top ref, is a damning indictment of just how inept, incompetent and embarrassing referees are in this country. I look forward to European games to see referees who are even handed and in control.

We seem to be suffering from a generation of posturing, vain, "professional" referees like him, Probert etc who seem to think they are part of the attraction spectators have paid to see.

Ironic that probably the best referee in the PL era has been David Ellery, a non-professional who was, and indeed looked like, a public school teacher.

Guest bimpy474

I actually dont think he's biased toward Manure. I just think he isn't a very good ref. He is awful and his decisions reflect it.

Guest firetotheworks

Webb, and him being widely regarded as our top ref, is a damning indictment of just how inept, incompetent and embarrassing referees are in this country. I look forward to European games to see referees who are even handed and in control.

We seem to be suffering from a generation of posturing, vain, "professional" referees like him, Probert etc who seem to think they are part of the attraction spectators have paid to see.

Ironic that probably the best referee in the PL era has been David Ellery, a non-professional who was, and indeed looked like, a public school teacher.

Mike Dean is a ref that can be absolutely spot on most of the time and then he'll have an absolute shocker. I still think he's the best we've got though.

Guest bimpy474

Mike Dean is a ref that can be absolutely spot on most of the time and then he'll have an absolute shocker. I still think he's the best we've got though.

Aye, that and Fergie hates him.