mackems vs Newcastle United - 21/10/12 @ 1.30 pm (Live on Sky)

Jaypee

I just want this game over and done with.

Pretty much dreading this.  Sure the first pint in the Strawberry at 9am before getting the metro to the Darkside will calm my nerves.

i'm scared

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad243/adhesivehippo/gifs/Community_GAYYYY.gif

I think it's the same for most real fans. I'm not saying that real fans can't enjoy the derbies it's just that most don't.

It's probably worse for us being the bigger club with better players we're almost expected to win and usually do.We have had so many great days at their expense recently (5-1,1-4, Dabizas, Shola etc etc etc) that victory is just treat as another good result.

For them with their embarrassing recent record in derbies and 15 point seasons etc, and pitifully having to cling on to victories from 100 years ago before the offside rule existed, victory will be seen like the dawn of a new era and celebrated for decades to come.

Whereas for us full houses are the norm, for them 12,000 extra fans (a third more than a normal attendance) will crawl out of the woodwork to see Newcastle and fill their traditionless flat pack stadium for the only time in the year, behaving like rabid dogs should they get any kind of result against their big neighbours.

Win, lose or draw I just want this out of the way now and to get on with the rest of the season, Europe etc.

Pretty much dreading this.  Sure the first pint in the Strawberry at 9am before getting the metro to the Darkside will calm my nerves.

i'm scared

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad243/adhesivehippo/gifs/Community_GAYYYY.gif

Does that mean I'm allowed to be scared then? :undecided:

i'm scared

Does that mean I'm allowed to be scared then? :undecided:

Yep, you utter cocksmoker.

Can't believe what I'm hearing here... We're going to fucking smash them and that's the end of it.

Everyone on here always shits their pants over this fixture, not sure why. Win lose or draw when it's over we'll still be NUFC and they'll still be mackems.

To me this is the fiercest derby in the Premier League, far more passion and hatred than Everton/Liverpool, Spurs/Arsenal, Man Utd/Man City. Living in Australia however the fixture is barely mentioned as a fierce match, or a big rivalry. Is it the same back in England? If so why is this? Is it because the two sides are not "top" sides in the league? or Is it because Sunderland are simply shite?

To me this is the fiercest derby in the Premier League, far more passion and hatred than Everton/Liverpool, Spurs/Arsenal, Man Utd/Man City. Living in Australia however the fixture is barely mentioned as a fierce match, or a big rivalry. Is it the same back in England? If so why is this? Is it because the two sides are not "top" sides in the league? or Is it because Sunderland are simply s****?

To me this is the fiercest derby in the Premier League, far more passion and hatred than Everton/Liverpool, Spurs/Arsenal, Man Utd/Man City. Living in Australia however the fixture is barely mentioned as a fierce match, or a big rivalry. Is it the same back in England? If so why is this? Is it because the two sides are not "top" sides in the league? or Is it because Sunderland are simply shite?

I can not talk for England, but in Norway this game is pretty hyped in the studios before the match.

Always talk about nasty challenges, rivalry etc. Last year they had a 5-10 min movie about the area, people and why it was such a fierce rivalry. Talked about the stance in wars, coal mining etc  Loved it.  :aww: