Newcastle United vs. West Bromwich Albion - 28/10/12 @ 3pm

EthiGeordie

All depends how we set up, rigid 4-4-2 they've got the win, 4-3-3 we stand a good chance. They're a good side and having two in midfield will see us overrun. Also if we play 4-4-2 expect to see a massive gap between midfield and strikers as Cabaye will sit deep all game.

:lol: :lol:

Yes, it's exactly that simple. Jesus wept.

It is. Didn't you see us completely annihilate Everton in the first half playing 4-3-3?

Last season played 4-4-2 against these at SJP and got hammered, played 4-3-3 away and played one of our best games of the season. Yes it is that simple. Look how great we've been playing with 4-4-2 recently

Last season played 4-4-2 against these at SJP and got hammered, played 4-3-3 away and played one of our best games of the season. Yes it is that simple. Look how great we've been playing with 4-4-2 recently

Got hammered 3-2, Jesus.

Btw, Vuckic, Obertan and Best played in that game. Compared to HBA, Cisse and Guthrie in the away game.

Scoreline flattered us, our high line got done on the counter every time. They deserved the win that night we were awful. Ba was only bright spot of the match especially with the free kick, that was a class goal.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Krul

Santon  Taylor  Colo  Ferguson

Perch

Jonas  Cabaye

Ben Arfa          Ba            Sammy

I hope.... :-)

Got a strong feeling Obertan is going to start wide left for some reason.

Would rather see him than Jonas in this game. Still think a 4-3-3 is the best though (with the ball after the ground).

All depends how we set up, rigid 4-4-2 they've got the win, 4-3-3 we stand a good chance. They're a good side and having two in midfield will see us overrun. Also if we play 4-4-2 expect to see a massive gap between midfield and strikers as Cabaye will sit deep all game.

:lol: :lol:

Yes, it's exactly that simple. Jesus wept.

That kind of stuff is exactly the reason that I can't be arsed to post on here at the minute. I agree the "system" isn't working but it is as much to do with movement as it is to do with the actual formation. I guess football fans always think they know better than the manager though.

To be fair when we play a 4-3-3 we do move a lot more than in 4-4-2, so you're correct in what you're saying but so are the people hankering for the 4-3-3, imo.

The problem with our start of the season isn´t the formation per se, but the absolutely lack of movement. I even think Stoke is moving around the pitch better.

This is a home game against a team we should win. We should be the team that puts pressure at them, not the other way around.