Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 28/10/12 - post match relief from page 29

Greg

First half good, second half just completely abysmal.

Disagree.

Apologies for making en masse assumptions(!) but I really think people's perception of our performances are very strongly influenced by scorelines. That's not to say scorelines have no bearing on performances, they're clearly one of the most important parts, but we weren't largely better or worse second half. Same slow start. Same lost look. Same tactic of every person on the pitch pass to Ba, then Cisse - no matter who you are, who is around you or who is on the pitch.

If Lukaku had managed to beat Tim Krul twice first half from his chances, I really don't think anyone would say it was a good first half. I know Demba Ba had a few chances/half-chances he didn't convert too btw.

Nah man, I disagree. We had more possession in the first half, decent looks and we were moving the ball quite fluidly in their half. We started slow in the second half, dropped back deeper, conceded a goal then disintegrated. The first half wasn't like that at all. They had chances on the counter but they didn't look good on the ball or dominant, which they clearly were in the second half.

Nonsense. If Lukaku was Ba they'd have been 1-2 up.

Are you referring to Ibrahim Ba or something, because I remember Demba Ba missing a few chances for us in the first half, so perhaps if Ba was Ba we'd have been 4-2 up?

The first half performance was undeniably better than the second.

how Lucky can you get

Dunno about you, but it's happened so often AGAINST us, it tastes all the sweeter when an undeserved winner goes in off the players back and he knows nowt about it.

Actually TBH we've had a bit of luck so far this season. Never really got going, but we're doing OK. Signs are promising when we get so many "lucky" wins or draws

You should really support Liverpool, Phil. :lol:

:lol:

Guest nufc_89

Extremely great feeling when Foy blew his whitle for the last time of the day. We definetely have problems though. Our tactical gameplan was outrageous considering what players we have in our squad. It´s a bit like watching Bolt run in slippers.

papering over the cracks with a flukey winner.  Absolutely shocking game of football between two poor teams.  Hard to believe that the run we had in the second half of last season actually happened.

Jonas and Cabaye in particular were absolutely anonymous.  We'll get dicked by the dippers next week if we put in that sort of shoddy performance.

how Lucky can you get

Dunno about you, but it's happened so often AGAINST us, it tastes all the sweeter when an undeserved winner goes in off the players back and he knows nowt about it.

Actually TBH we've had a bit of luck so far this season. Never really got going, but we're doing OK. Signs are promising when we get so many "lucky" wins or draws

You should really support Liverpool, Phil. :lol:

Ooooo bitch ! :D

Just saying nice when it goes FOR us -- and we've had it go our way a few times this year, no mistake.

And isn't it always said that when you don't play well and win, it's very good sign ?

Guest palnese

Reckon if we could get a decent wedge for Tiote, we should go all out for getting Mulumbu

Was thinking the same during the game.

Mulumbu looked class as usual.

So bored of us. Every week is the same. No concept or idea at all. If Pardew wanted the flexible dynamic of 433 then Shola on the right was one of the worst decisions I've seen a Newcastle manager make. Sounessesque ffs.

First half good, second half just completely abysmal.

Disagree.

Apologies for making en masse assumptions(!) but I really think people's perception of our performances are very strongly influenced by scorelines. That's not to say scorelines have no bearing on performances, they're clearly one of the most important parts, but we weren't largely better or worse second half. Same slow start. Same lost look. Same tactic of every person on the pitch pass to Ba, then Cisse - no matter who you are, who is around you or who is on the pitch.

If Lukaku had managed to beat Tim Krul twice first half from his chances, I really don't think anyone would say it was a good first half. I know Demba Ba had a few chances/half-chances he didn't convert too btw.

Thought you shaded the first half, thought we dominated the second half apart from the last ten minutes when we got sloppy in posession, one of those unlucky days for us, one of those good days for you, we missed Yacob who has been great controlling posession in diificult periods of games, well done for the three points, I'm going for a pint.

Nowt like a good old disjointed home performance which results in a win to get the debate flowing on here.

It's nice, isn't it? :lol:  There's still three points there to prevent complete meltdown. Some good discussion on here this eve.

Guest pont-toon

for all it was a scrappy unconvincing performance we still managed 10 shots at goal - just 4 less than our friends down the road have had all season

makem meltdown

Krul 9

Simpson 4

Coloccini 6

Williamson 4

Santon 6

Cabaye 4.5

Jonas 4.5

Perch 5

HBA 7

Ba 8

Shola 5

Can't argue with any of that. Ba was our best outfield player by a distance. He's having a good season.

Sammy 7

Eh? Didn't do much right until dat assist.

Was positive if nowt else, put in a couple of crosses n all before he had his shot. Himself and Obertan, albeit I think they're both fairly shit, did make a difference to us going forward when they came on.