Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 28/10/12 - post match relief from page 29

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

My response was that it would be hard but that I'd try. I wasn't going to defend swearing if it offends someone, but then again, you wouldn't hang around a butchers if you were vegetarian.

My response was that it would be hard but that I'd try. I wasn't going to defend swearing if it offends someone, but then again, you wouldn't hang around a butchers if you were vegetarian.

If you're in a public place behave like a civilised person.  If your vocabulary is so lacking that you absolutely must swear then I would suggest evening classes.

If you're in a public place behave like a civilised person.  If your vocabulary is so lacking that you absolutely must swear then I would suggest evening classes.

That is utter nonsense.

He's got a point to be honest.  I don't think anyone objects to some swearing, but if someone was swearing constantly during a match (not suggesting this is what KI was doing - we don't know the context), I'd think they were behaving pretty unreasonably.

That is utter nonsense.

Get to fuck.  I've been to plenty of matches and when it's just lads around me i'll let rip with the best of them.  If there's people likely to be offended then i'm capable of moderating my language, common decency.  Why do the norms and conventions of society go out of the window all of a sudden just because you've decided to attend a sporting event?

Football match, you should expect swearing end of.

Almost like those people who drive along strawberry place before and after the match, they have a face like an arse cos they are stuck in the crowd.

DURRRR

West Brom are a very good side which their results so far prove and we struggled against their pressing,passing and movement in the second half.

Just watched the 60 minute highlights, and I think this is a good point. It didn't look to me like it was just a matter of us playing badly. They're a good side whose position in the league isn't a false one.

Wasn't so long ago you could have added violence and racism to that.  Perhaps we should just tolerate it because it's a football match.

MASSIVE difference between someone shouting racist abuse or being violent, compared to someone standing up and shouting "close him the FUCK down"

MASSIVE,

If you want to sit in a crowd with no personality, you may as well watch it at home mate, with the lights off by yourself.

Wasn't so long ago you could have added violence and racism to that.  Perhaps we should just tolerate it because it's a football match.

MASSIVE difference between someone shouting racist abuse or being violent, compared to someone standing up and shouting "close him the f*** down"

MASSIVE,

If you want to sit in a crowd with no personality, you may as well watch it at home mate, with the lights off by yourself.

Surely it depends on the context and what is being said?  Or does anything go because it's football and we must preserve the right for people to swear at football...?

Guest neesy111

So why do watch football where players and coaches are constantly swearing throughout a football game???

MASSIVE difference between someone shouting racist abuse or being violent, compared to someone standing up and shouting "close him the f*** down"

MASSIVE,

That's fair enough, i'm not saying don't swear, I swear all the time but be aware of the people around you.  If there's an old girl sitting nearby (as KI said) then moderate yourself.

So why do watch football where players and coaches are constantly swearing throughout a football game???

Yeah, I base all my behaviour on what footballers do, they're such great people and fantastic role models.

MASSIVE,

Surely it depends on the context and what is being said?  Or does anything go because it's football and we must preserve the right for people to swear at football...?

People are at the match, im not arsed.

The game needed cleaned up from the racist abuse and violence, dont go and completley sterlize it.

Are people really discussing swearing not being part of going to a match? it's traditionally a working class sport.

If you don't like it, don't go. Or if you're bothered about it, don't sit in an area that is predominantly populated by adults.

Fuck me, you'd hate to hear me on a match day.

Guest Wally_McFool

Just watch the highlights again from MOTD last night and in the after match interview Partridge is banging on about the players being tired because of  the Bruges game.

I might have believed him if he  had picked most of 'em for that game.  :coolsmiley:

Are people really discussing swearing not being part of going to a match? it's traditionally a working class sport.

If you don't like it, don't go. Or if you're bothered about it, don't sit in an area that is predominantly populated by adults.

f*** me, you'd hate to hear me on a match day.

They could go and support Arsenal.  :lol:

Had the worst person in the world sat behind me yesterday. Constantly making wrong points in his horrible drony voice, bags of shopping and his 900 year old mother for company. Kept saying oops after every tackle too. I should be allowed to punch these people.

Just watch the highlights again from MOTD last night and in the after match interview Partridge is banging on about the players being tired because of  the Bruges game.

I might have believed him if he  had picked most of 'em for that game.  :coolsmiley:

Yeah, thats confusing.

V Brugge

Harper

Perch

Santon

S.Taylor

Ferguson

Obertan

Tiote

Bigirimana

Anita

Sa.Ameobi

Cisse

Substitutes:

(46) Sh.Ameobi for Anita

(73) Coloccini for Sa.Ameobi

(81) Cabaye for Ferguson

Subs not used:

Krul

Ben Arfa

Ba

Campbell

I don't think anyone is saying swearing should not be allowed, so it might be easier to realise that before people start banging on about protecting their right to swear, whilst trotting out all the old cliches about it being a man's game, traditionally working class, don't come if it offends etc etc.  Yawn.

All that is being suggested is that: a) being at a football match doesn't necessarily give you free reign to swear as much as you like and say whatever you like; and b) having a little bit of consideration to those around you may not go amiss.

Please note - no-one is banning you from getting your fix of swearwords in.

ffs  :lol:

its an impulse, spur-of-the-moment thing.  If I drop something/stub my toe I don't think about what I'm going to say.

People who complain about swearing at the match are usually the fuckwits who leave on 80 minutes to avoid the traffic. In short, they're complete fucking blits. If you're in the family section fair enough, telling the referee you're going to shit on his lass after a bad decision is probably out of order but anywhere else in the ground you should expect to hear swearing.

ffs  :lol:

its an impulse, spur-of-the-moment thing.  If I drop something/stub my toe I don't think about what I'm going to say.

"bad show old boy, I dropped something on my toe"