Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 28/10/12 - post match relief from page 29

Greg

Didn't realise there was actually a man wide of Shola, that's why he was following back in. He just had no clue about the line.

Doesn't really explain why no doubt closed Gera down, at all.

Well I've no idea why the 1990s Californian alternative rock band were even on the pitch tbh.

How embarassing.

Didn't realise there was actually a man wide of Shola, that's why he was following back in. He just had no clue about the line.

Well I've no idea why the 1990s Californian alternative rock band were even on the pitch tbh.

How embarassing.

Don't speak.

How embarassing.

Don't speak.

:lol: :lol:

right then, this has probably all been covered, I haven't looked but here goes.......

poor team set up to start with, ameobi wide right ? if he's going to play it has to be at the point, they knew from the off there was a huge gap in behind him.

first half was OK (i prefer ben arfa on the left)

the second half was as bad as we've played since being relegated,sloppy, lazy anf then the subs, WTF, has anyone got a clue what pardew was trying to accomplish ? starting with shola wide right, keeping jonas on, shifting the entire team round for no reason.....he's playing favourites!

perch MotM  for us.

I wrote similar above, but I don't think he is playing favorites I think he is just messing around with formations and has a vision that isn't working. Also I thought the formation we ended with should have been the one we started with.

if he's not playing faves why was ameobi wide right and why did jonas drop to full back ?

Jonas did well at LB and I thought him working with Gabby was one of the few bright spots of the last 15 minutes of the game.

Why was Shola on the RW? Good question, I am willing to accept that Pardew had some plan it just didn't work.

jonas didn't do well at LB, he looked like he always does when tried there, leaving gaps all over, more to the point, there was no reason whatsoever to put him there, especially not to move santon over.

My dad texted me saying the bloke behind him at the match was slagging Ben Arfa off all game, called him a total prick, which appears to be his new favourite word. :lol:

he did have a very bad game, he kept hogging the ball, something he's been doing a lot lately, and i dont mean dribbling with it.

I mean he just stops on the spot with the ball ,looks around sees that there are teammates to pass to,  and does nothing then gets swarmed by WBA players. 

Happened many times today.

My dad texted me saying the bloke behind him at the match was slagging Ben Arfa off all game, called him a total prick, which appears to be his new favourite word. :lol:

he did have a very bad game, he kept hogging the ball, something he's been doing a lot lately, and i dont mean dribbling with it.

I mean he just stops on the spot with the ball ,looks around sees that there are teammates to pass to,  and does nothing then gets swarmed by WBA players. 

Happened many times today.

first half he was good, if not very good, second half he was crap, if not very crap.

How embarassing.

Don't speak.

:lol: :lol:

Took me too long to get that. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Just had a chance to review this now.

Lucky doesn't even cover it, WBA should have beaten us at a canter. We couldn't string 3 passes together in the second half and never looked like scoring. Their passing was more accurate and crisper, their crossing more dangerous and their defending more aggressive and acute.

In all honesty, I think the scoreline prevented the boos. We need to sort it out and quickly.

Definitely. We were 60 seconds from being bewed off, the atmosphere was quite nasty in the last ten minutes. Understandable after such a sloppy performance.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pardew: "We've had 5 good halves this season...eh, this week"

Probably closer with the Freudian slip.

Everton 2nd half

Sunderland 1st half

Are the only games where we can say we've played well! The rest, if judging on last season, has been average at best and awful at worst

Pardew: "We've had 5 good halves this season...eh, this week"

Probably closer with the Freudian slip.

Everton 2nd half

Sunderland 1st half

Are the only games where we can say we've played well! The rest, if judging on last season, has been average at best and awful at worst

I think we played well against Bordeaux and put in a decent performance at Man Utd in the cup.

The first team however has only managed one good half which was indeed at Everton.

We were fine in the first half. Got caught on the break a few times but there we deserved to go in ahead at HT. We started so slowly in the second half though and by the time we woke up they'd equalised and were in the ascendancy.

Second half was the worst I've seen us play this season. I'm not sure if it was a case of trying a bit too hard, but some of our passing was absolute dogshit. They gave us no time on the ball and we panicked.

Guest firetotheworks

I got told off for swearing by this old tit that said it was offensive to his wife....at a football match. Absolutely pathetic like.  Fair enough screaming it or whatever (which I don't do), but it's not Phantom of the Opera, people will swear.

Guest bimpy474

I got told off for swearing by this old tit that said it was offensive to his wife....at a football match. Absolutely pathetic like.  Fair enough screaming it or whatever (which I don't do), but it's not Phantom of the Opera, people will swear.

Show some respect to your elders, you little shitbag :lol:

Better team lost and in fact a single point may have been more than we deserved.

West Brom are a very good side which their results so far prove and we struggled against their pressing,passing and movement in the second half.

Really enjoyed the fortuitous victory, it's not like we haven't been on the wrong end of last minute goals or flukey deflections in the past.

Great credit to Timmy Krul for the winning goal, his desire to get the ball straight out to Santon, at a time when some may have just hung on to it for a while, was really positive and ultimately rewarded.