Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 04/11/12 @ 4pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

They play in the fizzy cup tomorrow, let's hope Gerrro and Buck Teeth Cheat both get injured or extremely tired.

I never like this fixture, we never turn up to be honest. Would be nice for Pards to have them making space and passing & running this week, we just don't seem to be clicking. A bit of confidence would be nice.

I think we need Saylor back in defence just for a bit of extra pace, Williamson and Colo leave us bereft of speed at the back. Would also like Pards to grow a set of balls and Put Ba back on the left of a 433:

----------------------Krul----------------------

Simpson-----Saylor---Colo--------Santon

----Cabaye-------Bigi--------Jonas ----

HBA----------------Cisse--------------Ba

I want:

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Santon

Perch

Cabaye Jonas

HBA          Cissé          Ba/Ferguson

We'll see:

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Ben Arfa    Cabaye    Perch    Jonas

Shola  Cissé

I hope we go 4-2-1-3 for this (I think we need to compete man for man in the middle to have any chance at getting a result) and that we have Anita, Jonas and Cabaye in midfield. I know Jonas has been poor so far but I think he has what it takes as our box-to-box player, we can use Anita as a sitter (I think he’ll be able to cause Suarez some problems when he drops deep) and Cabaye as the more advanced ‘playmaker’.

Up top, Ben Arfa on the right and Cisse in the middle. I’ll get stick for suggesting this but I’d have Obertan on the left. I don’t think Sammy’s really ready to play from the off, Shola should be nowhere near our starting XI and Marveaux appears to have gone missing. This is the type of game where I think Obertan could be useful though, I think our best chances will come from counter attacking and while his productivity can be hit and miss, his pace could cause them all sorts of problems and he’s a little less predictable on that side too.

I never really expect anything from Anfield but think we could get a point with that line up, I think that’s the system that would really get the best out of Cisse too. Saying that, I fully expect some bullshit 4-4-2 with Cisse and Shola up top and lopsided wings, we’ll be outnumbered in the middle which suits their passing style and we’ll change it round later on, only for it to be too late, resulting in a 3-1 loss.

Too often too many Newcastle players freeze - same applies at OT to a (slightly) lesser extent, but for more reason.

God knows why. Its like getting the jitters because they're at Huddersfield who were THE top team in the 20's.

Liverpool WERE all powerful, they're not now. On the slide or rebuilding ? All become clear in time.

About time we got something there. We can hope our luck continues or we click into form.

Liverpool always seem to come flying out the blocks against us, lets see what happens this time round.

*cough

You just know Suarez will win a pelanty agianst us.  :lol:

Yes, in the aftermath of Clattenburg-gate the divers will be getting their own way for a while.

the usual 3-0 defeat combined with the inevitable flat pint in the pub will ruin my birthday.  Might just stay in bed.

It's your birthday then too? :yao:

This is one of those games where our defend deep and hit the ball long tactics might actually pay off. Liverpool will obviously boss the possession as Rogers has a clear footballing philosophy, but they have quite a small team so we might be able to bully them out of a couple of points. I reckon a score draw is easily achievable, although I'd have preferred Cheick for this one to stop them bumming us in midfield.

We always do well in fixtures sandwiched between my Birthday, we've won one of em in a funny way so I'm confident we'll win this in an equally hilarious way.

Lol no we'll be humped 3-0 and I'll be depressed for a week.

Watching this in Hong Kong with my dad.  Not hopeful, like, never get anything off these bastards at klanfield.

Be prepared to be the only Newcastle fans in the place you're watching the game. Meh.