Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 04/11/12 @ 4pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

Magpies @ Anfield: Premier League Years:

2011/12: Lost 1-3 OG

2010/11: Lost 0-3

2008/09: Lost 0-3

2007/08: Lost 0-3

2006/07: Lost 0-2

2005/06: Lost 0-2

2004/05: Lost 1-3 Kluivert

2003/04: Drew 1-1 Ameobi

2003/04: Lost 1-2 Robert (FAC)

2002/03: Drew 2-2 Speed, Shearer

2001/02: Lost 0-3

2000/01: Lost 0-3

1999/00: Lost 1-2 Shearer

1998/99: Lost 2-4 Solano, Andersson

1997/98: Lost 0-1

1996/97: Lost 3-4 Gillespie, Asprilla, Barton

1995/96: Lost 3-4 Ferdinand, Ginola, Asprilla

1995/96: Won 1-0 Watson (LC)

1994/95: Lost 0-2

1993/94: Won 2-0 Lee, Cole

:yao:

7ish years ago since we´ve scored there, 8ish years ago since we got a point and 18ish years ago since we won. I´m amazed at how many people actually think we´ll win this one.

What´s the odds on 3-0?

That first 4-3 was the day I developed my absolute blind hatred for that club. I'll never forget Batty chatting to the ref and that banging noise from some fan just before Collymore scored. One of the most painful defeats. Right up there with Partizan and Man U at home.

Just go into this fixture almost apathetically expecting defeat which is pretty tragic but given the results there over the years hardly surprising.

Someone wrote earlier about them atleast having a go even if we do lose. We just always put in such limp performances its embarrassing.

Sterling (on the left edge of their front 3) vs our right side defense consisting of Simpson & possibly Williamson. 2 assists for Sterling this weekend. The lad has been impressive enough already, but stat-wise this could be the big break-out game (ie. a goal and an assist or two).

After getting pole-axed by his former club, Rodgers will have them up for this one.

"See?  I told you we couldn't beat Newcastle at Anfield with this paper thin squad.  The lads just aren't up to it.  Look at recent history.  We savage them here.  Now we can't even take a point.  I've asked the board to stump up the cash for my kind of players.  These lot just don't have it."

Guest pintofscottsellers

1998/99: Lost 2-4 Solano, Andersson, watched this game on espn classic today like.

Was weird how Andersson managed to get the bulk of his goals for us at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and Anfield.

:lol: yeah, he rounded the keeper and still nearly missed though, Shearer played a ridiculous through ball to Laurent Charvet in that match with his back to goal, Given made some unbelievable saves aswell.

We need to unsettle these cunts as much as possible on Sunday.  Beginning with, if we win the toss, making sure we kick towards The Kop in the second half.

It really seems to wind them up for some reason if they aren't kicking towards there in the second half.

Was at the LC win and the subsequent 4-3 losses.  Unbelievable games, gut wrenching results.  I personally don’t think we have ever really got over those results.  96 in particular being so crucial and cruel.

Despise these, being smacked in the face on the way out of Anfield for the first 4-3 (multiple times) and then chased down Breck Road , not good at all.

Only good memory was when I nearly started a riot when they played Sunderland in the cup, started a couple of Toon songs with mates in the The Park pub and the Mackems went mental, suffice to say we left pretty quickly :)

Guest sicko2ndbest

We are a soft touch at the moment and have 'got away' with results

Liverpool, despite their position are playing well and Suarez is on fire. I don't see anything other than a Liverpool win.

Tired of hoping for games to "kickstart" our season.

But a win here would really be encouraging and give us some momentum going into a decent set of fixtures.

I think this is my third formation in this thread, however I've now changed my mind on the subject of Sammy/Ferguson (not that he won't start Shola):

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Santon

Cabaye Perch Jonas

Hatem      Cissé      Sammy

it's the 93rd minute in a drab and dreary game.  The score stands at 0-0.  Neither team have been outstanding.  Newcastle have struggled to find Papiss Cisse and although Liverpool have enjoyed greater possession, the mercurial Joe Allen spraying 2-yard sideways passes here, there and everywhere, a pathetic little racist cunt up front has been wayward with his attempts.

The ball is at the feet of a tired looking Jonas Gutierrez.  Although knackered, he fancies his chances and makes a run into the penalty area from the left flank.  With a shuffle of his feet he is past the Liverpool right-back and into the box, looking to cut the ball back to the incoming Yohan Cabaye when all of a sudden his feet are swiped from the trailing England darling, Miss Glenda Johnson.  As Gutierrez looks up, referee Anthony Taylor is running towards the penalty spot, arm straight out.  Klanfield erupts in anger, aside from the congregation of Mags tucked in the corner of the Anfield Road end.  How can a man better than Cafu commit such a silly foul so late in the game?  Impossible.  It simply doesn't happen.  Taylor is under Ferguson's thumb, obviously.

A confident-looking Hatem Ben Arfa picks up the ball and places it on the penalty spot.  The Klan behind Reina's goal are frothing wildly at the mouth.  Ben Arfa looks down at the turf before beginning his run up and notices a dark shadow over him in the artificial light.  He turns to see The Prince of Fenham making his way into the 18 yard box.  Ben Arfa knows this is not his moment in the spotlight.  Confidently, Ameobi steps up and smashes it to Reina's right hand side, a perfect replica of his penalty against Sunderland in October 2010.

That first 4-3 was the day I developed my absolute blind hatred for that club. I'll never forget Batty chatting to the ref and that banging noise from some fan just before Collymore scored. One of the most painful defeats. Right up there with Partizan and Man U at home.

Liverpool fans were acting right cunts after apparently.

2: Will Demba Ba play and/or score at Anfield?

Newcastle's Senegal striker has a £7m release clause in his contract which will be re-activated in January and, judging by the number of times Alan Harper, Liverpool's chief scout has watched him in recent weeks, Rodgers is likely to be bidding. While an amalgam of the striker's knee condition and his wage demands could well see such a move ultimately founder, all eyes will be on Ba should he feature. It is a big 'if' though as he damaged a nerve in a shin last weekend and is rated "50/50".

Louise Taylor stirring the pot.