Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 25/11/12 @ 3pm (No TV)

Rich

With our current tactics Cisse may as well not be on the pitch, him and ba can't play together at the moment and it hurts us to play them both upfront.

Disagree, a player like Cissé should always be on the pitch.

Guest malandro

Two holding mids and two strikers :anguish: how do you bridge the gap inbetween?

Hoof.

By getting the ball wide and putting in crosses.... in theory. In practice hoof is more likely.

Cisse is a tremendous player, his name should be the first on the teamsheet.

The next thing to do though is to ensure the next 10 names can provide him with some service. That's where we're going wrong.

Aye. I'd still want him on the pitch even if the rest of the ten were Mike Williamson like.

Them playing just one big guy upfront may help us with our CB's being slow and immobile but we have to get control of the midfield or else we could be in trouble. So play to our strengths and their weaknesses. Cisse and Ba on their day are up there as two of the best strikers in the league and Southampton's defenders/goalkeepers have been poor all season.

Guest bimpy474

Two holding mids and two strikers :anguish: how do you bridge the gap inbetween?

Hoof.

By getting the ball wide and putting in crosses.... in theory. In practice hoof is more likely.

Aye, instead of passing it and building our play to get it out wide, we hoof it to Cisse and Ba who dont win headers and are two of the worst hold up players in the premiership.

Pardew likers must be able to see the folly in that surely ?

Hoof.

sadly none of our players can cross, 

also watch our corners and freekicks outwide, hardly ever finds our man . 

Guest bimpy474

Has Reading away all over this :(

A point !!!! :indi:

But the luck we had in that game has deserted us. Anyway you make your own luck and we deserve nowt at the moment.

Fucking hell we don't half need a reaction from the players today. Too many players in that line-up have been dogshit this season, including the whole of the midfield. Ferguson needs to step it up; he's had game time now, needs to show that he's worthy of being in the first team. Cisse needs to get his fucking act together, too. This team have been shipping goals left right and centre. Stay onside, move about, score some goals, Papiss.

Anyone like to see Ferguson as an attacking midfielder? Think he came on and played there against Brugge away

So far I've seen he has a beast of a cross and is fast which puts him wide for me. Can't say I remember him playing central against Brugge (I may have just missed it).

Happy with that line up. From his comments during the week I think Pardew wants us to get back to the sort of graft that we showed in the first third of last season.

If we win in the battle in the middle and get Ba and Cisse the ball near the goal a few times we should win - their defence looks hopeless.

Big game for Anita today - needs to show he can do the job Guthrie did for us.

Guest malandro

Hoof.

Aye, instead of passing it and building our play to get it out wide, we hoof it to Cisse and Ba who dont win headers and are two of the worst hold up players in the premiership.

Given the players available, our lack of form and upcoming fixtures... this a game where Pardew's keep it tight and hope for the best stuff probably makes sense.

Guest bimpy474

Hoof.

Given the players available, our lack of form and upcoming fixtures... this a game where Pardew's keep it tight and hope for the best stuff probably makes sense.

I'm the opposite, with the player we have......his squad......play fucking football please. I'm fed up of watching us and wanting to be sick.