Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 25/11/12 @ 3pm (No TV)

Rich

Marv has played as a left winger for most of his time in France, yet Pardew never plays him there. Our manager is a strange one.

probably another economical signing much like gosling, sign for free and sell for a half a million or so.  still money to be had there.

Wages?

We are playing a dysfunctional strike pairing and will allow them to outnumber us in midfield. That line-up is not fine.

So we drop Cisse then?

With Ben Arfa and Cabaye out this is one of the rare occasions I'm actually glad to see a 4-4-2

No, we put Ba on the wing.

And who goes on the other wing?

Marveaux.

Has he looked a winger in the games he's played like? He looks more of a creative midfielder and certainly not the kind who could terrorise a full back.

It's the best available solution.

No it's not, it's sticking square pegs in round holes for the sake of playing 4-3-3.

And what we're about to do isn't? We're going to be outnumbered in midfield and incapable of retaining possession. To combat this we will regularly bypass the midfield by hoofing it to Ba and Cisse. Neither are competent target men - and this will not work. Not to mention there will be no support from a midfield that is excessivly defensive.

Marv has played as a left winger for most of his time in France, yet Pardew never plays him there. Our manager is a strange one.

probably another economical signing much like gosling, sign for free and sell for a half a million or so.  still money to be had there.

We paid him and his agent more than half a million so I fail to see the logic behind this.

Guest bimpy474

Still dont make any sense not playing the lad is his best position. Pardew is testing my faith thats for sure.

Guest bimpy474

Can see Cisse coming off at some stage either though injury or lack of form and then ranger comes on and Southampton just mock us at how bad he is.

Yes while we hoof it even higher and longer for Vile Ranger.

Guest malandro

If Jonas is on the right and Ferguson on the left of a midfield four the idea must be to try and get quality crosses into the front two quickly,  with the the other wide player getting in on the back post.

It's an old fashioned approach but in the absence of our three best passers not a terrible idea. Whether it will work....

Can see Cisse coming off at some stage either though injury or lack of form and then ranger comes on and Southampton just mock us at how bad he is.

Sad thing is, in Pardew's current tactics Ranger would be more effective than Cisse. How fucking messed up is that, If someone had said that to me last season I would smack them without hesitation :)

We are playing a dysfunctional strike pairing and will allow them to outnumber us in midfield. That line-up is not fine.

So we drop Cisse then?

With Ben Arfa and Cabaye out this is one of the rare occasions I'm actually glad to see a 4-4-2

No, we put Ba on the wing.

And who goes on the other wing?

Marveaux.

Has he looked a winger in the games he's played like? He looks more of a creative midfielder and certainly not the kind who could terrorise a full back.

It's the best available solution.

Howay man, the best solution is obviously to disregard any idea of creativity and hoof the ball at Ba and Cisse's heads.

Problem with that is they both go for they same hoofed ball and the opposition pick up the second ball with ease.  Don't think I've ever seen Ba win the header and Cisse peeling away a la Carroll and Nolan.

Sad thing is, in Pardew's current tactics Ranger would be more effective than Cisse. How f***ing messed up is that, If someone had said that to me last season I would smack them without hesitation :)

Here....have a cybersmack instead!  :knuppel2:

Guest bimpy474

Sad thing is, in Pardew's current tactics Ranger would be more effective than Cisse. How fucking messed up is that, If someone had said that to me last season I would smack them without hesitation :)

God, when you put it like that. Mental. Pardew cant be serious with this can he ? :(

Wages?

wages ,agent fees, negligible when you consider we got rid of barton, smith, nolan, carroll that were all on astronomical wages .  nevermind the 35 million ac brought in.