Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think there's a distinct correlation between the type of player somebody was and the type of manager they become, tbh.

I'm in a foul mood today, and people keep wanting to talk about football. Just feel like ranting!

Yeah, there's counter examples tis all.

I don't think there's a distinct correlation between the type of player somebody was and the type of manager they become, tbh.

I'm in a foul mood today, and people keep wanting to talk about football. Just feel like ranting!

Yeah, there's counter examples tis all.

Yeah, I'm sure there are. Wish we'd get one of those counter examples.

Guest Howaythetoon

Same here but I do believe a correlation can be made between what kind of character they are and their abilities/ideas or lack of. KK for example was an extrovert,a  real charmer, a very positive forward thinking person and that's how his side played. Bobby was a bubbly positive person as well, full of adventure and excitable. Dalglish on the other hand was dour and that's how his sides played. Pardew is a bit false if you ask me, he's a working class bloke in an Armani suit with Hugo Boss glasses, a cosmopolitan wife and a dossier for every team and player. He has created an image for himself and speaks a good game, but when that image is exposed, well, he's just a working class bloke underneath it all. We play like his character. We are just a workmanlike team basically.

I run my own business and whenever I employ someone I always look at their character first and what kind of person they are. We have one kid working for us, he's a lazy so and so but he's a very funny kid and very likeable, he makes others tick. Give me him over a harder working kid who has nowt about him. You can tell a lot about a manager from their character and just what kind of managers they are or will be.

Guest Howaythetoon

f***ing sick of KK always being the example like.

With any luck you'll choke on it so we don't have to hear anymore of you being sick of KK always being an example.

Guest reefatoon

I really can't help but to think Ba is a f***ing troublesome player to deal with, due to his clause.  He is undroppable (we all witnessed that) and he demands to play at centre or will be off in the next transfer window. It is a no-win situation for the manager. Well probably dropping Cisse to the bench and play Ba as the lone striker is the only answer, but then it would be Cisse' turn to be p*ssed off.

I am serious, Ba is a trouble maker. He is f***ing selfish and always make crazy long shots ignoring the teammates around. I am very disappointed that Pardew is not brave enough to axe him, despite lots of fans would be calling for his head.  If Pardew goes I hope the next manager would do it.  Who cares the 7m clause if the player cause so much troubles to the squad.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcveemjPOE1r0j8nh.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ICXs0E2rWLo/TUP8iLgu98I/AAAAAAAABKQ/v67P0pprYJg/s1600/Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif

Same here but I do believe a correlation can be made between what kind of character they are and their abilities/ideas or lack of. KK for example was an extrovert,a  real charmer, a very positive forward thinking person and that's how his side played. Bobby was a bubbly positive person as well, full of adventure and excitable. Dalglish on the other hand was dour and that's how his sides played. Pardew is a bit false if you ask me, he's a working class bloke in an Armani suit with Hugo Boss glasses, a cosmopolitan wife and a dossier for every team and player. He has created an image for himself and speaks a good game, but when that image is exposed, well, he's just a working class bloke underneath it all. We play like his character. We are just a workmanlike team basically.

I run my own business and whenever I employ someone I always look at their character first and what kind of person they are. We have one kid working for us, he's a lazy so and so but he's a very funny kid and very likeable, he makes others tick. Give me him over a harder working kid who has nowt about him. You can tell a lot about a manager from their character and just what kind of managers they are or will be.

I totally hear what you're sayign here. Some really good points.

For those who don't like the KK example see Harry Redknapp.

I know everyone thinks footballers have it made and it's all piss easy, but I imagine it can be physically and mentally gruelling at times.

Imagine having to go into training everyday to hear the wild boar that is Allardyce bellowing at you through every session, or having the misfortune of seeing Dalglish's face every damn day. It will eventually wear on you for sure.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Am I the only one to think that we were playing shitty football last season too? We finished 5th cause everything went the right way, and first Ba then Cissè just couldn't stop scoring, and it looked like every ball they touched ended up in the back of the net. But the performance was very poor more often than not, with few exceptions.

It's pretty obvious that if you play like that and create only a couple of chances a game you need to convert them with something near 100% rate, and this is just not happening (while it happened last season).

We need to risk more and create more, but Pardew's never going to do that cause he still believes we are defensively solid, which is clearly a joke, and want to take advantage of that.

After a few games since he came in I've been having bad feeling about us, and despite the wins and the great season last year I can't say I didn't see this coming.

In individual games it seemed you were "edging out" opponents and not really dominating games (with some notable exceptions). However, the fact you did this on a regular basis tells me there was a clear, workable system in place which allowed your best players to flourish.

And this was exactly what I was trying to convince myself of. We are often average, sometimes really poor (especially away) but we get results, it can't be just luck.

Well apparently it was, cause now the "system" (if you can call it that) is not working, we've never been so shit and we don't get results.

I've only been following Newcastle since the beginning of the 06-07 season, but in that time there have been 7 managers, not including caretakers. That averages out to just shy of a year per manager. Granted, that includes dynamos like Roeder, Allardyce, and Kinnear.

Coming from an American sports background, coaches/managers generally get at least a couple of full seasons to show what they can do (subject to plenty of exceptions to prove the rule). It seems the tolerance level is a lot shorter in football (I'm not necessarily suggesting that's a bad thing or a good thing).

Assuming some baseline competence level, what is a reasonable period of time for a football manager to show what they can really do with a team?

I've only been following Newcastle since the beginning of the 06-07 season, but in that time there have been 7 managers, not including caretakers. That averages out to just shy of a year per manager. Granted, that includes dynamos like Roeder, Allardyce, and Kinnear.

Coming from an American sports background, coaches/managers generally get at least a couple of full seasons to show what they can do (subject to plenty of exceptions to prove the rule). It seems the tolerance level is a lot shorter in football (I'm not necessarily suggesting that's a bad thing or a good thing).

Assuming some baseline competence level, what is a reasonable period of time for a football manager to show what they can really do with a team?

In reality it would take a couple of seasons at least. In practice it takes a couple of months of bad results for people to start questioning their position.

Am I the only one to think that we were playing shitty football last season too? We finished 5th cause everything went the right way, and first Ba then Cissè just couldn't stop scoring, and it looked like every ball they touched ended up in the back of the net. But the performance was very poor more often than not, with few exceptions.

It's pretty obvious that if you play like that and create only a couple of chances a game you need to convert them with something near 100% rate, and this is just not happening (while it happened last season).

We need to risk more and create more, but Pardew's never going to do that cause he still believes we are defensively solid, which is clearly a joke, and want to take advantage of that.

After a few games since he came in I've been having bad feeling about us, and despite the wins and the great season last year I can't say I didn't see this coming.

In individual games it seemed you were "edging out" opponents and not really dominating games (with some notable exceptions). However, the fact you did this on a regular basis tells me there was a clear, workable system in place which allowed your best players to flourish.

And this was exactly what I was trying to convince myself of. We are often average, sometimes really poor (especially away) but we get results, it can't be just luck.

Well apparently it was, cause now the "system" (if you can call it that) is not working, we've never been so shit and we don't get results.

Is the point not that Pardew is persisting with a 4-4-2 when your players are not suited to that? Players are a million miles from faultless in times of struggle but it doesn't make sense insisting on sticking with a system that doesn't suit the players you have. This must be especially galling as in a different formation last year, with the same players, you excelled? It doesn't make much sense to me.

Guest neesy111

Far easier in American sports where there is no relegation to give managers time.  When you have a drop in revenue which could be 75% of your turnover by getting relegated then clubs will sack managers more often to try and ensure survival.

Guest firetotheworks

f***ing sick of KK always being the example like.

With any luck you'll choke on it so we don't have to hear anymore of you being sick of KK always being an example.

For someone that's general response is often to do with this being a forum for opinion, you do seem unwilling to accept critique from others, especially considering how much you write. You don't exactly die by the sword you live by.

Fair enough I do always look for positives in things, something that is very hard to do at the minute admittedly. But, as poor as we've been this season (i.e. very), there's still a big part of my brain that remembers some of the great football we played at the end of last season, and the final league position. Who's to say he can't stop the rot?

That being said, we can't carry on like this forever so if it doesn't improve soon serious questions will need to be asked and this thread will start to be justified.

Realistically nobody knows what is going to happen, you can only go with your own expectations.  Hopefully you’ll be proven to be right because I don’t trust Llambias and Ashley in the slightest.

Guest bimpy474

My biggest worry now is Pardew is seeing the problems we have as he sees them, as he would obviously but from what he is saying and what i'm seeing on the pitch ?

He is fucking mental, what he keeps going on about isn't what i'm seeing. I could quote loads of things but one had me shaking head in disbelief.

"scrapping for a result isn't really us" ----- or something very similiar. Total bollocks as that is all we do when we play 4-4-2.

He is sucking the joy out of the game i love. Losing is something as a Newcastle fan i can take, i mean getting humped at Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool were the norm. But playing the way he has us playing. Just bollocks.

I'm no kneejerker but if we play like he has us anymore then he has to go, the football (if you call it that) is putrid to watch. It has nothing to do with lack of investment or injuries. I have 10 kids on a Sunday with the brains of vegetables and they play like Barcelona compared to this Cocks football.

W.B.A, Wigan, Swansea, Southampton, Fulham all with weaker squads than us, yet all of them are playing football that is good to watch and puts the shit this clown comes out with to shame.

I want him gone, not just for the shit football but also for treating us as if we know fuck all with the shit he spouts. Pissed off me, like.

My biggest worry now is Pardew is seeing the problems we have as he sees them, as he would obviously but from what he is saying and what i'm seeing on the pitch ?

He is fucking mental, what he keeps going on about isn't what i'm seeing. I could quote loads of things but one had me shaking head in disbelief.

"scrapping for a result isn't really us" ----- or something very similiar. Total bollocks as that is all we do when we play 4-4-2.

He is sucking the joy out of the game i love. Losing is something as a Newcastle fan i can take, i mean getting humped at Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool were the norm. But playing the way he has us playing. Just bollocks.

I'm no kneejerker but if we play like he has us anymore then he has to go, the football (if you call it that) is putrid to watch. It has nothing to do with lack of investment or injuries. I have 10 kids on a Sunday with the brains of vegetables and they play like Barcelona compared to this Cocks football.

W.B.A, Wigan, Swansea, Southampton, Fulham all with weaker squads than us, yet all of them are playing football that is good to watch and puts the shit this clown comes out with to shame.

I want him gone, not just for the shit football but also for treating us as if we know fuck all with the shit he spouts. Pissed off me, like.

:spit: