Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's got to the stage now that I think the only way we will hold on to the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse is if we get a new manager in - one that lets them play football.

Pardew only has himself to blame. It's quite clear that priority number one is defensive shape, which would be fair enough if there was freedom in possession or some kind of attacking countering plan to go with it. (Other than kick it long quickly). When we concede there is no answer because all the team knows is keep shape, be hard to score against. Too late they scored, what do we do now?

Our good players, and we do have quite a few, have their abilities shackled by the negative mindset of the manager. A manager who told some of them what an expansive passing game they would be playing.

A win at stoke today would have been a thin veneer of paper over a gaping wound. Hope Ashley is paying attention.

I don't get the "it won't happen" comments. How many games can we lose before it HAS to happen?

this

Depends. Maybe he has a 5 game loss automatic release clause as this board love zany clauses.

I don't think he'll see out this season.

On the other hand. If he's sacked, we're probably not going to appoint anyone other than Mark Hughes.

We didn't deserve to win at all tonight.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew: "The improvement from Sunday was immense and we deserved something I thought we were the better side I thought we could have a penalty at 1-0 but two sucker punches have cost us. It's galling because we're on this run and we're having setback after setback and I feel sorry for the players. That team won't go far short if we play like that."

A penalty for what? Chestball? :lol:

More guff from Pardew. We were f***ing dire for most of that game. Same old set piece routines, same old long ball s****.

The improvement must have been up to the goal then coz it was fucking awful negative shit after that and hoof after hoof after hoof with Jonas, Williamson shocking and Krul's kicking is a fucking disgrace.

The squad are disillusioned, their heads are down and we can't get out of this rut.

They need a manager change along the Souness/Roeder lines where they get a bit of freedom to play football and enjoy it. That's the only way we'll get out of this.

Rather than getting bogged down with hoofball and "rolling your sleeves up".

Guest neesy111

I don't get the "it won't happen" comments. How many games can we lose before it HAS to happen?

this

Depends. Maybe he has a 5 game loss automatic release clause as this board love zany clauses.

I don't think he'll see out this season.

On the other hand. If he's sacked, we're probably not going to appoint anyone other than Mark Hughes.

:anguish:

Much as I hate his smug face I wouldn't be opposed to Di Matteo. He has shown himself to be a good attacking coach and has something to prove after being sacked by Chelsea.

Oh who am I kidding? It will be someone like Howard Wilkinson :okay:

It's got to the stage now that I think the only way we will hold on to the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse is if we get a new manager in - one that lets them play football.

Pardew only has himself to blame. It's quite clear that priority number one is defensive shape, which would be fair enough if there was freedom in possession or some kind of attacking countering plan to go with it. (Other than kick it long quickly). When we concede there is no answer because all the team knows is keep shape, be hard to score against. Too late they scored, what do we do now?

Our good players, and we do have quite a few, have their abilities shackled by the negative mindset of the manager. A manager who told some of them what an expansive passing game they would be playing.

A win at stoke today would have been a thin veneer of paper over a gaping wound. Hope Ashley is paying attention.

Good post, although a win today would have been very useful for the points and at least to base some sort of come back for form overall.

The way in which we could never get a foothold in this game and just invited Stoke to keep chipping away until we cracked was disgusting. Pardew should have looked to Bigi and switched to 4-5-1 to hold them off for the last 30 mins but instead he did nothing and watched as Stoke got closer and closer to scoring. I thought the Kenwyne Jones header would have woke us up but no. Instead we allowed that pressure to crack at our weak point in defence and then randomly chucked on players to salvage the game by bringing off the ones that actually gave us a chance in winning it.

TBH don't mind him trying to give his players a boost in the press

That's all well and good but we have lost 4 games on the trot because of him and his negative horrible tactics with very little game plan, he can say they improved as much as he likes but we still lost from a winning position so all the good work goes right out of the window

Guest firetotheworks

Paying out an 8 year contract vs the cost of relegation.

Sacking Pardew would still be the cheaper option. If it needs to happen, it will imo.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Blah blah blah blah

We should be thankful to Mike

We kept out Purples

Europa league is having an effect

We played well

Let me fucking address this bollox

We shouldn't be thankful to that fat cunt. He has caused nothing but grief and anomosity since his arrival

We only kept our Purples because a acceptable bid wasn't forthcoming

You normally make 9/10 changes for Europa and away fixtures have been Portugal and Belgium! Hardly fucking Azerbaijan

We havnt played well since WBA away last season so fuck off and stop hoofing it